Kimura injury

tjry

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Got my shoulder hurt in a kimura a few weeks ago. I still get pain in the front of my shoulder especially when my elbow goes over my head.

Can anyone recommend some specific stretches or another way to treat it or am I fucked

I would recommend using elastic bands. I injured my shoulder with overlifting two years ago and doctors told me i need operation.. But i went to my fiziotherapist and we came up with idea of stretching the shoulder with elastic bands. So after few months of stretching,my shoulder was back to being normal.

Here are some exercises,otherwise look up on google for more.

https://www.onnit.com/academy/shoulder-pain-try-5-resistance-band-exercises/

Got my shoulder hurt in a kimura a few weeks ago. I still get pain in the front of my shoulder especially when my elbow goes over my head.

Can anyone recommend some specific stretches or another way to treat it or am I fucked

Can you afford physical therapy? It sounds to me like your injury is very similar to one I suffered from a Kimura, about 10 or so years back. X-Rays ended up revealing a partial tear in my rotator cuff. With the PT, I was able to avoid surgery.

Basically consisted of doing rotational exercises with extremely light weights that focused on building up tiny muscles that could compensate for the tear. I was always warned to only do motions up to just before the pain began; doing motions that initiated the pain would just make things worse, according to my therapist. It was boring and took a lot of discipline but it worked out in the end.

Thanks guys! I have a band laying around I'll work on it

I also just hang from a pull up bar for a couple of minutes. It works wonders. No pull ups, just hangs.

I hurt my shoulder on February 20th. I happen to train with someone who is a purple belt also and a sports doctor. He had me get an MRI and it showed a partially torn bicep tendon, partially torn labrum and a tear in the cuff. I've been in therapy for six weeks and it feels a lot better, but I know I'll eventually need surgery. I also just got back to light rolling.

I like lightweight quarter get-ups for shoulder prehab/rehab.

I also just hang from a pull up bar for a couple of minutes. It works wonders. No pull ups, just hangs.

JRE?

I tried that for a while - but didn't do anything for me.
I don't have shoulder pain though - my shoulder grinds as it goes towards my head.

JRE?

I tried that for a while - but didn't do anything for me.
I don't have shoulder pain though - my shoulder grinds as it goes towards my head.
Hmmm. Then those band exercises. I had a physical therapist show me a few exercises to do.

Taking 8 weeks off to let it heal is always option. Young people can't do this though.

I am not a doctor or a physiotherapist so, I cannot do any of the above. I can suggest tips:

1. See a doctor/PT
  2. REST
  3. ICE
  4. ELEVATION
  5. COMPRESSION
If its been a few weeks, likely means its a strain or possibly a tear. I am not a doctor or a physio. Even if you had me with someone who knew all that stuff, how in the fuck could we know for sure?

Onset of an injury, you want ice (don't apply to the skin directly). After the first 3 days, you then can switch to a heating pad to bring down the swelling. I have hurt my rotator cuff before. Its a MOFO.

Soak it. Take some time off. Lastly, avoid cock suckers that trash your ligaments, joints, tendons. Avoid in future.

Back