Kimura getting ktfo by pro wrestler

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
[YT]wtwqmU2eV6M[/YT]

Found this on the UG. Pro-wrestling matched turned into a shoot without him knowing it. Quote:

Kimura's stance on this: "In November 1951, I founded Kokusai Pro Wrestling Association. After I came back from US doing pro wrestling matches, I did pro wrestling shows throughout Japan. In those days, Rikidozan also started a new organization called Japan Pro Wrestling Association. So, mass media started to talk about Kimura vs Rikidozan match. I met with Rikidozan and asked his opinion. He said, "That is a good idea. We will be able to build a fortune. Let's do it!" The 1st bout was going to be a draw. The winner of the 2nd will be determined by the winner of a paper-scissors-stone. After the 2nd match, we will repeat this process. We came to an agreement on this condition. As for the content of the match, Rikidozan will let me throw him, and I will let him strike me with a chop. We then rehearsed karate chop and throws. However, once the bout started, Rikidozan became taken by greed for big money and fame. He lost his mind and became a mad man. When I saw him raise his hand, I opened my arms to invite the chop. He delivered the chop, not to my chest, but to my neck with full force. I fell to the mat. He then kicked me. Neck arteries are so vulnerable that it did not need to be Rikidozan to cause a knock down. A junior high school kid could inflict a knock down this way. I could not forgive his treachery. That night, I received a phone call informing me that several ten yakuza are on their way to Tokyo to kill Rikidozan."[12]

On December 8, 1963, while partying in a Tokyo nightclub, Rikid?zan was stabbed with a urine-soaked blade by a man named Katsuji Murata who belonged to the ninky? dantai (Yakuza) Sumiyoshi-ikka. Reportedly, Rikid?zan threw Murata out of the club and continued to party, refusing to seek medical help.Another report states that Rikid?zan did indeed see his physician shortly after the incident, and was told the wound was not serious. He died a week later of peritonitis on December 15. It is rumored by Kimura that his murder was in retaliation for when Rikidozan attacked Kimura during a wrestling match, after Rikidozan delivered an errant kick to Kimura's groin, ignoring a pre-match arrangement and attacking Kimura for real. Murata served seven years in prison for manslaughter, Murata claimed that every year, on December 15, he would call up the family (Rikidozan's sons, Mitsuo Momota and Yoshi Momota, were pro wrestlers), and apologize. And he would then visit Rikidozan's grave.

Some people are saying Kimura started it by kicking the guy in the balls. That's when it turned into a shoot. And I guess Rikidozan used to be a sumo wrestler before pro wrestling, so he could open-fist strike pretty hard.

crazy stuff man. The pre-bjj days were a hectic time. That ref looked confused too.

I think the bigger story here is Pro Wrestler getting KTFU by Yakuza..

(Knifed The Fuck Up)

Riki was previously well in with the Yakuza too, also, he was actually Korean too.

Well, that's a very well known story, no revelations here.

First time I've ever heard the name Rikidozan. Then again, I fail at lineage history 101 when it comes to grappling. So, I miss a lot of the big events that happened in combat sports.

Wow, crazy stuff, thanks for posting it. I assume PRIDE grew out of this crazy scene with yakuza and stabbings and what not

and this is how a myth goes down... remember when some guys were saying kimura wouldve easily beat karelin, yeah right.

Can you imagine the Rock soccer kicking Brock Lesnar in the middle of a match. Crazy.

Can you imagine the Rock soccer kicking Brock Lesnar in the middle of a match. Crazy.

Rocky did go ape shit on Mick Foley with a steel chair, it wasn't malicious but jaysus he battered poor Micks head in the I quit match.

and this is how a myth goes down... remember when some guys were saying kimura wouldve easily beat karelin, yeah right.

That's what you take away from this story? What weird focus and line of thought you have.

Rikidozan was a legitimately strong and skilled sumo wrestler that outsized Kimura significantly. I don't see the surprise haha.

Next time I'm down on points at a BJJ comp, I'm gonna give my opponent a knife hand to the throat. I might get the DQ, but it'll teach him to eff with me.

I think most of them were cheap shots while kimura was complaining. When he tried to defend himself going for a double leg, the ref separated them. Kimura proceeded to complain again while rick battered him with judo chops.

I remember reading about this before. Imo I think Kimura would have wrecked this guy if they both would have went into it as a real fight. Kimura was caught off guard and got his bell wrung in the process.

There's actually a sticky thread in the wasteland on pro wrestling shoots. I know most sherdoggers don't think to highly of pro-wrestling, but those shoot stories are interesting none the less.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f4...-shoots-worked-federation-etc-v2-0-a-2006153/

Back