Kim Jong Un calls Trump a 'Dotard'

Would it have been better if he had simply called him a "madman", like plenty of Presidents have called their enemies in the past?

Who gives a shit what Trump labels him as?
I keep forgetting that the rest of the world doesn't hold Trump to the same presidential standards as his predecessors. I also keep forgetting that Trump got elected because "He sounds like me! He tells it like it is!"

Okay, carry on.

You can be sure of one thing...

If Pres. Trump does goad (and it looks like that's exactly what he's trying to do) NK into a war....

HIS kids won't be fighting in it. It's great to talk tons of yakety-smack when you and yours won't suffer.

He's sooooo Presidential that I need a double shot of covefeve now.

That's exactly what I just said and it was the Bush admin that disbanded the Iraqi military, not Obama.

Right, bushes plan, but what moron would go along with it?

It was dangerous as the result clearly have shown.
Then Obama had years to fix it and did nothing

If Pres. Trump does goad (and it looks like that's exactly what he's trying to do) NK into a war....

HIS kids won't be fighting in it. It's great to talk tons of yakety-smack when you and yours won't suffer.

Yeah, that's unprecedented. I can't believe Trump will be the first President in history not to put his children on the front lines...

Right, bushes plan, but what moron would go along with it?

It was dangerous as the result clearly have shown.
Then Obama had years to fix it and did nothing

Obama killed more terrorists than any President in history, including Osama and most of ISIS top leadership. Mosul and Sirte were retaken under Obama's watch, two of ISIS main strongholds, and Raqqa was put under siege, their capital.

You're just,

<TrumpWrong1>

Liberals showing their true colors in this thread, by even remotely supporting Un's claims.

Crazy dictator habitually threatens to kill you all, but makes fun of Trump, so he's earned some points in your book. Pathetic. Anyone not 100% on Trump's side in this, should be deported to NK, stat. Then you can tell us all how cool and funny KJU is.

Only in the deranged mind of a Trump supporter would any criticism of Trump equate into full blown support of Kim Jung Un.

<{1-1}><Kpop01><Kpop775><Aug3><{1-10}>

Obama killed more terrorists than any President in history, including Osama and most of ISIS top leadership. Mosul and Sirte were retaken under Obama's watch, two of ISIS main strongholds, and Raqqa was put under siege, their capital.

You're just,

<TrumpWrong1>

Osama and obama are practically related.
Obama was king at hiding real numbers.
I heard under Obama planes were returning still fully loaded.

And to release those generals who made it back on the battlefield against Americans was beyond disgraceful

Osama and obama are practically related.
Obama was king at hiding real numbers.
I heard under Obama planes were returning still fully loaded.

And to release those generals who made it back on the battlefield against Americans was beyond disgraceful

<LikeReally5>

And another person slowly turning Kim into the good guy. This shit is so fucking pathetic it's sad. You people and your hatred of Trump is just bizarre at this point. It's unhinged hatred and I don't think I've ever see anything quite like it.
Oh yeah, an off-hand comment regarding Trump's penchant for juvenile insults is totally an endorsement of Kim.

It's amazing how often you clowns like to scream about liberals overreacting. "I'm outraged!" And here you are pretending we like Kim because we're taking a moment to bust Trump's balls.

I'm fairly certain that North Korea knows what the US is capable of. They know the US will drop a nuke if it has to, and even when it is absolutely winning.

Kim is flexing because he can't afford not to, given that we know he has nuke capable ICBM's now.

The reality is that if the US doesn't check him, he will only get more brazen + the China enabling factor.

He has got to go now before he perfects his tech, then someone is fucked when he decides to have a tantrum.

Sure, but bellowing death and destruction to the U.N. isn't checking anything.

So, the options that I see are:

1. Pre-emptive, comprehensive strike on N. Korea.

2. Continue to gather world diplomatic pressure on N. Korea to attempt to get them to freeze or de-nuclearize.

Trump's bellicose comments didn't further the interests of either. N. Korea has never backed down from public verbal threats. Ever. The regime simply cannot afford to. They always double down, use it as propaganda, and continue to defy the US.

They've only responded to two things (to my memory):

1) Private diplomacy (see the Clinton deal where we agreed to deliver supplies/fuel for light water nuclear reactors in return for their deconstruction of plutonium reactors which could produce material for weapons) (this was scrapped by Congress when Bush was elected and we reneged)

2) Imminent physical force (see the aftermath of the ax murder incident, Operation Paul Bunyan)

Trump is engaging in behavior that cannot help the situation. Pointing that out isn't being cowardly or treasonous (as you put it).

I don't see it this way at all. Trump's approach has been well calculated. He's intensified the process of supplying missile defense to South Korea, which has China and Russia's attention, has made economic threats to China, and then his bombastic speech at the UN showed he was committed to really reining this guy in. Shortly afterwards, China responded by accepting the sanctions being pushed through the UN by the US.

Will it work? No one knows yet, but it was a well coordinated set of movements. Is that really all you can see here? That Trump disrespected him? Look, I'm not into the idea that Trump plays 5-D chess or whatever. But I do think he has handled a long term intractable problem very well to this point. If it hurts to much to give Trump credit, put it on Mattis or Tillerson. It's likely enough to be true I suppose.

I strongly disagree that Trump's approach has been well calculated.{<huh}

Trump is obviously selling wolf tickets, and isn't being taken seriously, although it gives good chalkboard material for the NK's to use in their "the USA wants to kill each and every one of you slowly and painfully" propaganda to their gullible population. Luckily Mattis, McMaster and Haley are smart and extremely disciplined, and whatever success Trump's administration is having isn't because of his calculations.

Yeah, that's unprecedented. I can't believe Trump will be the first President in history not to put his children on the front lines...

It's easy to talk smack when you won't have any skin in the game.

Keep on gulping down the covefeve Sherbro.

It's easy to talk smack when you won't have any skin in the game.

What a hero he is.

Your criticism is ridiculous, and you would not use it against any other President other than your personal soul crusher, Drumph.

Your criticism is ridiculous, and you would not use it against any other President other than your personal soul crusher, Drumph.

Not true.

I think that President Obama was a centrist at best and that he didn't go after the banksters that brought us to brink of nation-wide financial collapse. They filled his coffers, got him elected, he gave them a pass, and we footed the bill.

And President Trump doesn't rate anywhere near high enough on the bad@$$ meter to crush this Georgia Peachs' soul. ;)

Not true.

I think that President Obama was a centrist at best and that he didn't go after the banksters that brought us to brink of nation-wide financial collapse. They filled his coffers, got him elected, he gave them a pass, and we footed the bill.

That's fine and all, but it's not really comparable to criticizing a President for talking about war, because his children are not in the military.

I could see it, if say the draft was still around and Trump was protecting his children from it, but that isn't the case. Military enrollment is voluntary, and it's not fair to criticize the President or anyone else, for not having their family enrolled, but still wanting a crazy dude that wants to destroy the US, shut down with military might.

Back