Kids Cyber Bullying... Themselves - Article

USA!USA!

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...lying-themselves-online-study-find/831070001/

Researchers are calling this behavior "digital self-harm." Teens who identified as non-heterosexual were three times more likely to bully themselves online, while victims of cyberbullying were 12 times more likely to cyberbully themselves.

You're not cool unless you're a victim now, it seems. The next generation seems to be learning this real early on.

Peculiar behavior...I've seen people (on other websites) who argue with themselves and even out right troll themselves, on their alternate accounts. It's weird...like multiple personality disorder, meets masochism...meets attention seeking.

Peculiar behavior...I've seen people (on other websites) who argue with themselves and even out right troll themselves, on their alternate accounts. It's weird...like multiple personality disorder, meets masochism...meets attention seeking.

I think the most interesting call out is that non-heterosexuals were 3 times more likely to bull themselves online. Some kind of mental illness trait there perhaps? Attention seeking? Just speculation obviously.

I think the most interesting call out is that non-heterosexuals were 3 times more likely to bull themselves online. Some kind of mental illness trait there perhaps? Attention seeking? Just speculation obviously.

No definitely not but you are clearly looking for someone to agree with your bigoted views. Maybe people like you make it hard for them to accept themselves which leads to harmful behavior.

No definitely not but you are clearly looking for someone to agree with your bigoted views. Maybe people like you make it hard for them to accept themselves which leads to harmful behavior.
People are attention whores. That’s pretty much what’s going on. These people are just the worst of the worst attention whores

People are attention whores. That’s pretty much what’s going on. These people are just the worst of the worst attention whores

I agree with the first part but being gay doesn't automatically make you an attention whore. Maybe if the bigots of society would be more accepting the gay community wouldn't feel the need to be out outward about it.

i think theres going to be alot of people going to prison in the next generation unless parents figure out a way to prevent their kids from being immersed in the chaos of the internet.

the prison industrial complex of today will be seen as tinker toys to the future.

Just thinking out loud as to the cause. I don't have a view, just speculating. I do realize some non-heteros do experience despicable treatment some places. Appreciate your opinion tho ;)

Just thinking out loud as to the cause. I don't have a view, just speculating. I do realize some non-heteros do experience despicable treatment some places. Appreciate your opinion tho ;)

Ya ok. Funny how you specifically pointed out "non-heterosexuals were 3 times more likely to bull themselves online. Some kind of mental illness trait there perhaps? Attention seeking?" 3 posts into your thread.

I agree with the first part but being gay doesn't automatically make you an attention whore. Maybe if the bigots of society would be more accepting the gay community wouldn't feel the need to be out outward about it.
Well they can marry and are over represented on tv. Not much left to do. People don’t have to like you. Might be easier to think it’s becaue you’re gay than it is to think you might be an aggravating shit. Are you really saying these kids are faking being cyber bullied, which I mean log off dipshit, becaus people don’t like them

Ya ok. Funny how you specifically pointed out "non-heterosexuals were 3 times more likely to bull themselves online. Some kind of mental illness trait there perhaps? Attention seeking?" 3 posts into your thread.

Welp, don't know what you want from me, bud. Just said I recognize your point. Sorry that I hurt your feelings. :cool:

Oh buzz off.

He said nothing wrong.

The LGBT community do have higher rates of self harm, suicide, drug addiction and all sorts. The fact there self destructive nature stretches to social media is odd and for me shows that there masochism & severely low self confidence are major, major mental issues. They are actually bullying themselves online, who does that ?

I call this sorta thing "Victim currency". Mentally weak and unstable people see the amount of attention being a "victim" gets you, so they find a way to make it happen. Given the nature of social media, it's fairly easy to garner attention. With so many SJW types who spend all day virtue signalling, a fake story can travel far and wide.

I call this sorta thing "Victim currency". Mentally weak and unstable people see the amount of attention being a "victim" gets you, so they find a way to make it happen. Given the nature of social media, it's fairly easy to garner attention. With so many SJW types who spend all day virtue signalling, a fake story can travel far and wide.

I have heard this term used as well. I agree with the sentiment.

Many people in the war room could offer their bullying services for a fee.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...lying-themselves-online-study-find/831070001/

Researchers are calling this behavior "digital self-harm." Teens who identified as non-heterosexual were three times more likely to bully themselves online, while victims of cyberbullying were 12 times more likely to cyberbully themselves.

You're not cool unless you're a victim now, it seems. The next generation seems to be learning this real early on.
giphy.gif

I'm a victim...
-No, I'm a victim.
Well I'm more of a victim than you.
-We'll see about that.

The media has given a whole generation of kids Munchausen syndrome

I'm a victim...
-No, I'm a victim.
Well I'm more of a victim than you.
-We'll see about that.

The media has given a whole generation of kids Munchausen syndrome

Lol this reminds me of the south park "I'm 21% victim!" DNA test thing.

Have you seen those people who fight over who is more disadvantaged ?

'Plus size' Women have some infighting, they complain about how hard it is for Women and overweight Women in particular. But some parts of there ranks go one further and try win gold at the oppression olympics by mentioning how they're not only 'plus sized' Women...but also black. So you see, they're kings of the castle cause they are oppressed on 3 fronts, weightism, sexism and racism. Heaven forbid if the fat black lesbians come around, literal Queens.

The funny thing is some of the others bow down before them for being such a victim of society. They are propped up in the hierarchy.

They do it amongst feminist circles too, some male-to-female transgenders join their ranks then the local feminists chew them up for having 'male privilege' and not understanding the struggle women face.

It's funny, they actually enjoy being oppressed, being a victim. It's all a game. They enjoy the ego stroking of being the most maligned people, of being looked down upon.

Back