Kid Rock announces he is NOT running for Senate

klnOmega

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/356840-kid-rock-f-no-im-not-running-for-senate

Kid Rock is ending months of speculation about a possible Senate bid, saying, “F--- no, I’m not running for Senate.”

“Are you f---ing kidding me? Who couldn’t figure that out?” the “All Summer Long” singer said on Howard Stern’s SiriusXM radio show on Tuesday.

“I’m releasing a new album. I’m going on tour, too. Are you f---ing shitting me?” he asked Stern.

The performer, whose real name is Robert Ritchie, had flirted for months with a possible Republican bid against Michigan Sen. Debbie Stabenow, hawking “Kid Rock for U.S. Senate” T-shirts and criticizing the Democrat, saying Americans were “sick and tired” of “bullshit” from politicians.

“We start going with it, everyone gets their panties in a bunch,” Ritchie said Tuesday of the chatter.

He said he gave some of his team a heads up that an entry into politics wasn’t actually happening.

“I have people that work for me, they’re on the in, I’m like, ‘F--- no we’re not doing it. But let’s roll with it for a little while. This is awesome.’”

Asked whether it’s a “strange position” for a musician to get political, Ritchie replied, “It’s the worst advice that I ever gave myself. But it’s been the most creative thing I’ve ever done. And I’ve gotten to see everyone’s true colors.”

Stabenow’s reelection campaign had fundraised off a potential matchup against the entertainer, saying in an email to supporters last month that if Ritchie ran “he might actually win the Republican primary.”

Too bad. The lefties on here can breathe easy now. It looks like you guys won't be getting your shit pushed in by the American Badass after all.

Rock on.

Damit come on man. Imagine being a senator and playing the July 4 concert on the national mall.

This guy is such a clown. I had no idea people wanted him to run...

It blows my mind that there are people who would actually vote for this clown. America is full of idiots, and idiots vote. There should be an IQ test and psychiatric evaluation for everyone before being allowed to vote. If you don't pass, you don't vote.

Good news, I was hoping to vote for someone who actually had a chance to beat Stab-me-now

It blows my mind that there are people who would actually vote for this clown. America is full of idiots, and idiots vote. There should be an IQ test and psychiatric evaluation for everyone before being allowed to vote. If you don't pass, you don't vote.
That's the thing. Smart people can't get the idiots to vote for smart guys like JFK anymore. So, I'll settle for the next best thing: Kid Rock.

He grew up on equestrian estate

Hes not a bad ass you fool

Why bother researching the positions of actual candidates when you can just vote for a celebrity you've already heard of?

Maybe he was just having trouble reading all those forms:

Why bother researching the positions of actual candidates when you can just vote for a celebrity you've already heard of?

gettyimages-461055828.jpg

Why is it always a left vs right thing? No one wins when we have incompetent, poorly educated Senators of any political stripe.

Why is it always a left vs right thing? No one wins when we have incompetent, poorly educated Senators of any political stripe.
Ever considered why he was polling above those he would have competed against?

This must be like Conor McGregor losing for the mouthbreathers

You mean an entertainer said something and then rolled with it for a bunch of free publicity? I'm shocked

Back