Kid boxing video diary (new videos added)

That's great. Yeah he doesn't need the printed W, but he definitely should see it as a personal victory. Smart

I like your training methods. Temperament is reasonable but firm and controlled, that's what they need (to look up to and to hear in their own heads when you're not always there)

He is genuinely a pleasure to train. I just sit him down and explain about the comfort zones of life.

If we are in our comfort zone we dont improve at anything. If teacher gives us homework and we finish it- that is in our comfort zone...the kid who does his/her homework and then spends 30 minutes extra studying is the one who succeeds and enjoys the rewards.

He gets spoiled rotten because he works hard and is a great kid, plenty of video game time etc. I have no issue with him spending 4 hours a day playing video games when hes putting in hours of physical training, plus spending time with his sister or studying over summer. He is the good one...my daughter on the other hand is sent to this earth to test me lol!

He is genuinely a pleasure to train. I just sit him down and explain about the comfort zones of life.

If we are in our comfort zone we dont improve at anything. If teacher gives us homework and we finish it- that is in our comfort zone...the kid who does his/her homework and then spends 30 minutes extra studying is the one who succeeds and enjoys the rewards.

He gets spoiled rotten because he works hard and is a great kid, plenty of video game time etc. I have no issue with him spending 4 hours a day playing video games when hes putting in hours of physical training, plus spending time with his sister or studying over summer. He is the good one...my daughter on the other hand is sent to this earth to test me lol!

That is some high quality time I am certain you will not regret!

Of course you can't just have one kid who listens to everything you do, you'd be the one getting spoiled!

Maybe you should put your daughter on some serious circuit training to keep her busy, lol

dbl post

*Thanks to some glitch, there's a 2-for-1 special on posts here today.

That is some high quality time I am certain you will not regret!

Of course you can't just have one kid who listens to everything you do, you'd be the one getting spoiled!

Maybe you should put your daughter on some serious circuit training to keep her busy, lol

Man she's always been ridiculously physically active, the problem is she is too immature (shes only 4). She's in gymnastics at the moment but instead of doing proper excercises she races the other kids around the circuit. When she is a bit older she will be great but for now it is epic keeping up with her lol!

Man she's always been ridiculously physically active, the problem is she is too immature (shes only 4). She's in gymnastics at the moment but instead of doing proper excercises she races the other kids around the circuit. When she is a bit older she will be great but for now it is epic keeping up with her lol!

That is super cool and cute AF. You are a lucky dad.

You'd be surprised (or maybe not) how many dads just want their kids to "become successful" by getting super angry at them and not giving any guidance.

That is super cool and cute AF. You are a lucky dad.

You'd be surprised (or maybe not) how many dads just want their kids to "become successful" by getting super angry at them and not giving any guidance.

Yea mate I'd never ask to him to something I cant or havent done before. I am more motivated in shaping them than I am about my own future. The cool thing about boxing is that hard work applies to every other aspect in life. If you have the work ethic to get in a boxing ring then you have it for many other things mentally speaking.

I have three kids. 22, 19 and 11. All of them have trained Combat sports. It has been a strange ride with lots of benefits and lots of “should we be doing this” moments. I was lucky too have my first kid be the least talented and my last kid be the most talented. Kept me somewhat in reality on knowing how much influence you really have on making your kid good vs they are just athletic/mean/talented/smart.

1st kid (10+ years ago)

2nd kid (10+ years ago)

3rd kid (current)

This stuff can really look like child dog fighting sometimes (behind the scenes, sparring and in training).. hopefully I’m properly navigating my youngest kids journey and not being to selfish living through him. He is doing very well and enjoys it (which is scary that I’m leading him down the wrong path) The other kids not so much, they just did it for me. They turned out great though and I give credit to the many life lessons of MA/Wrestling.

My youngest had his first mmapoint match last weekend.

Last edited:
I have three kids. 22, 19 and 11. All of them have trained Combat sports. It has been a strange ride with lots of benefits and lots of “should we be doing this” moments. I was lucky too have my first kid be the least talented and my last kid be the most talented. Kept me somewhat in reality on knowing how much influence you really have on making your kid good vs they are just athletic/mean/talented/smart.

1st kid (10+ years ago)

2nd kid (10+ years ago)

3rd kid (current)

This stuff can really look like child dog fighting sometimes (behind the scenes, sparring and in training).. hopefully I’m properly navigating my youngest kids journey and not being to selfish living through him. He is doing very well and enjoys it (which is scary that I’m leading him down the wrong path) The other kids not so much, they just did it for me. They turned out great though and I give credit to the many life lessons of MA/Wrestling.

My youngest had his first mmapoint match last weekend.

I would imagine he won that shit, he looks like he has good hands in a boxing match that will translate into mma.

I would imagine he won that shit, he looks like he has good hands in a boxing match that will translate into mma.
Yes, he won. He’s been wrestling for a few years. I think wrestling teaches you that offense is your best defense so he keeps moving forward with pressure. I see it in a lot of wrestlers when they box. It gave him the edge over an experienced kid.

Here is Rhonin wrestling:

Yes, he won. He’s been wrestling for a few years. I think wrestling teaches you that offense is your best defense so he keeps moving forward with pressure. I see it in a lot of wrestlers when they box. It gave him the edge over an experienced kid.

Damn, he's going to be a beast when he turns 18, does he train bjj?

Awesome mate glad you posted in here. Great to have all 3 of yours involved in the sports Im sure it's been a fantastic experience for all of them. Your youngest is definitely a come forward fight brilliant stuff.

I just found out the kid/dad that didnt show up at my kids schedule bout last weekend have entered into this one. I hope my fucking kid destroys them just for making us sit around 5 hours. Whats worse is we had a matched bout but it was changed to suit the other opponent.

Yes he does BJJ. His main is wrestling though. Here is a video of Kids pans. He uses his wrestling to neutralize bjj.

Yeah he's going to be a straight up beast when he's 18, maybe he'll be tapping out adults at 13 that's what one kid was doing in one gym I went to he was in the adult class too despite being 13.

I just found out the kid/dad that didnt show up at my kids schedule bout last weekend have entered into this one. I hope my fucking kid destroys them just for making us sit around 5 hours. Whats worse is we had a matched bout but it was changed to suit the other opponent.

It took me many years to figure out how to approach kid combat sport tournament days. I show up to each event knowing:

1 I will be there all day and
2 there is a good chance there will not be a match

I focus on all the good training that was accomplished before the event and I appreciate that my kid received all the benifits of having an upcoming fight without taking any head damage.

The event “is what it is” it doesn’t matter.

If you can get in this mind set you and your kid will save a ton of needless stress.

It took me many years to figure out how to approach kid combat sport tournament days. I show up to each event knowing:

1 I will be there all day and
2 there is a good chance there will not be a match

I focus on all the good training that was accomplished before the event and I appreciate that my kid received all the benifits of having an upcoming fight without taking any head damage.

The event “is what it is” it doesn’t matter.

If you can get in this mind set you and your kid will save a ton of needless stress.

Thanks for the tips mate. Did you often end up travelling alot for competitions or do you mostly stay locally to where u are?

Thanks for the tips mate. Did you often end up travelling alot for competitions or do you mostly stay locally to where u are?

We have been able to stay local for wrestling and boxing. BJJ is the only combat sport that we have traveled for. BJJ seems to be the rich persons martial art.. ridiculously expensive for the least amount of benefit.

We have been able to stay local for wrestling and boxing. BJJ is the only combat sport that we have traveled for. BJJ seems to be the rich persons martial art.. ridiculously expensive for the least amount of benefit.
You ever try getting your son a sambo coach? Might benefit him a bit, just have him train with a sambo coach for a while and then see how his takedowns and leg locks get. All though it's not going to make him a killer but he'll learn a lot of new ways to take down people in the cage.

It's hard to find a sambo coach in new jersey idk about where you live. Up to you though he will learn a lot of new things with experience, with just the main styles of mma for now though.

You ever try getting your son a sambo coach? Might benefit him a bit, just have him train with a sambo coach for a while and then see how his takedowns and leg locks get. All though it's not going to make him a killer but he'll learn a lot of new ways to take down people in the cage.

It's hard to find a sambo coach in new jersey idk about where you live. Up to you though he will learn a lot of new things with experience, with just the main styles of mma for now though.

He would probably love that. I wish sambo was more prevalent in the states. I think his head wrestling coach did sambo at one point. Wrestling is his favorite sport and sambo would incorporate some submissions, Greco and freestyle (roots for Russian fighters everytime) He loves freestyle even though he isn’t that good:

Here is his freestyle:

He would probably love that. I wish sambo was more prevalent in the states. I think his head wrestling coach did sambo at one point. Wrestling is his favorite sport and sambo would incorporate some submissions, Greco and freestyle (roots for Russian fighters everytime) He loves freestyle even though he isn’t that good:

Here is his freestyle:

Damn he looks like he has some sambo in his style, as a parent do you want him to fight professional? Me old Puerto Rican muay thai instructor said he didn't want his son to be a fighter.

Damn he looks like he has some sambo in his style, as a parent do you want him to fight professional? Me old Puerto Rican muay thai instructor said he didn't want his son to be a fighter.
Same with my father lol. He was wrestling and never ever teached me a single stuff. I did some wrestling when I was 7 for about one year but he kind of pulled me off and signed me to play soccer.

Now when I am 32 he is cool with me boxing and showed me some basic take downs and how eventually I can mix boxing with wrestling. Basically how I can make someone high guard and use that to take them down.
I in return tought him basic guard and jab. But punching is not his thing. I ve seen him fight once in my life as he was a bodyguard at one point and the man was a machine for slamming people on the ground with suplexes and throws.

Same with my father lol. He was wrestling and never ever teached me a single stuff. I did some wrestling when I was 7 for about one year but he kind of pulled me off and signed me to play soccer.

Well did you tell him you wanted to learn? Did you have the right training area? Or was he just past his time?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back