Kicks Cormier had problems with compared to Mirkos kicks.

you forgot this one from the Murr fight that happened after and legit hurt DC

Mirko might be the worst possible matchup for DC among any fighter ever. He puts him in a bodybag for sure

We can pick snips from everbody's fights.
I believe DC was thinking about and working his way down to LHW around that time.
Never mind the fact that Frank Mir was still one dangerous MOFO then.

If you can make this gif smaller I would love to post it in my OP. Right now its just too massive and dominant.

K7gAhkJ.gif

We can pick snips from everbody's fights.
I believe DC was thinking about and working his way down to LHW around that time.
Never mind the fact that Frank Mir was still one dangerous MOFO then.

Murr has literally never hurt anyone with kicks besides DC lol

And he had just gotten the shit beat out of him by JDS and murked in like a minute by Barnett after the DC fight. Reem also pulverized him. DC had the least impressive performance by far against Murr in that span and it was alot of wall n stall (he was too scared to take him down, even Reem beat the shit out of his guard)

And he had just gotten the shit beat out of him by JDS and murked in like a minute by Barnett after the DC fight. Reem also pulverized him. DC had the least impressive performance by far against Murr in that span and it was alot of wall n stall (he was too scared to take him down, even Reem beat the shit out of his guard)

Big facts right here.

Always thought the cage took away Mirkos technique. He always used lateral movement to stalk guys down and cut off angles to set up most his offense. Harder to do in an Octagon. He is one of the few guys I think cage vs. ring really matters when you talk about.

You what else DC had a hard time with?

Losing to people not named Jon Jones!!!

DOUBLE CHAMP BLESS

37121406_197075417814548_8868996591659253760_n.jpg

you forgot this one from the Murr fight that happened after and legit hurt DC

Mirko might be the worst possible matchup for DC among any fighter ever. He puts him in a bodybag for sure

Mir landed some nasty body kicks in the end of the fight. I couldn't believe that Cormier took them as well as he did. I guess he didn't want to throw body kicks earlier because of Cormier's takedowns but he might have been able to capitalize on them if he did.

Well...I still want to say that Frank was...and is a dangerous man.
It doesn't matter at this point.....CroCop had his shot.
DC has Two belts.

Probably wouldn't matter when Mirko would end up on his back in under 30 seconds.

Lots of sad motherfuckers in here,not givin champ champ his due

Mir landed some nasty body kicks in the end of the fight. I couldn't believe that Cormier took them as well as he did. I guess he didn't want to throw body kicks earlier because of Cormier's takedowns but he might have been able to capitalize on them if he did.

Yeah the 3rd round was pretty close. Murr def landed the most meaningful sturikes there. DC clearly won the fight but it wasnt dominant or a blowout, not much offense from either side. Alot of wall n stall from DC. Herb even warned him for inactivity multiple times. JDS and Barnett knocked him out without much of an issue in that same span. Reem won a decision but straight dominated. Had a clear 10-8 1st round, nearly dropped Murr and finished the fight. 3rd round was arguably a 10-8 as well. Murr got blown out. I just checked the stats. Murr landed 5 total sturikes the whole fight, 3 significant sturikes. 0 to the head, 1 to the body, 2 to the leg lmao. That was a clinic by Reem, from range, clinch and guround where he murked Murrs guard

All I have to add is holy SHIT I never get tired of those gifs of Mirko headkicking Mark Hunt. Goddam he's got a chin. Only person I can think of to withstand multiple flush headkicks from cro cop
How hard does Manhoef hit?

Look at the speed and power of these kicks:

40 year old, post leg break Ando

Nelson landing multiple leg kicks sending DC flying
oo4fyUy.gif
vwcVpk9.gif

Frank Mir
K7gAhkJ.gif

Jon Jones
giphy.gif

Now look at the speed and power of Mirkos kicks to the body:
4726319-0725197683-CroCo.gif
ezgif.com-gif-maker-10.gif
RealisticWellmadeHoneycreeper.gif
liver-herring.gif

Look at the speed and power of his head kicks with his left kick (same kick Jones KOd DC with):
hunt_252Bcro_252Bcop_medium.gif
tumblr_mhffw2tGXZ1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

tumblr_inline_nigfjmdJMO1rql7h5.gif
33uc293.jpg
cro-cop-head-kick-nog.gif
kotap.gif
24zkr6c.jpg
hunt_252Bcro_252Bcop_medium.gif

^^^^^^ Guys in these gifs are of similar height to DC.

I think DC could still beat Mirko but you would have to be silly to think that a guy like this woudlnt give DC major problems. Great takedown defense, balance, foot speed, straight punches, kicking ability, chin, toughness and youth. DC would have to fight the perfect fight and keep his defense on point.

Crocop got KO'd by Randleman. Yes he'd be a stiff test for Dc but no he wouldn't have to fight a perfect fight

Crocop got KO'd by Randleman. Yes he'd be a stiff test for Dc but no he wouldn't have to fight a perfect fight

You talk about Randleman like hes some fucking bum. Randleman was an all american wrestling champ and one of the most explosive fighters of all time with one of the best power doubles in the sport. To this day Rampage says the hardest hes ever been hit is by Randleman's left hook which was the same shot that KOd the Cop. With that kind of wrestling and power and ability to slam a 240lb man on his neck, I would say Randleman was an absolute animal and you should show some hespect.

Lots of sad motherfuckers in here,not givin champ champ his due

Thats not the case at all. I even said I think DC could still win.. I just think its not a very easy match up for him.

Back