Kickboxing To Boxing... Post Reply

Discussion in 'Muay Thai and Kickboxing' started by jensenbreck, Nov 8, 2017.

1. jensenbreck White Belt

jensenbreck
    Hi there,

Over the years i have seen a increase in Kickboxers turning over to the paid ranks in hope for some glory in the Professional boxing game,many come with World,European and commonwealth titles etc etc which are obviously the top prizes in there sport..however they never seem to meet the levels of boxing and leave the domestic scene,Kris Carslaw isnt too far from a British Title challege,why arent they meeting this criteria? is it too difficult? is it the transition? Tickets..who was the last 'kickboxing world champion' to win a title of recent???

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
    References:
    http://boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187841

motion graphics examples

2. ctrlaltdelete Purple Belt

ctrlaltdelete
    So you're saying a lot of kickboxers are going over to Boxing to make money, but never make it " big " in boxing, so why move over there at all? Or why aren't they as good in boxing as they are in kickboxing?

3. SuperLuigi Black Belt

SuperLuigi
    The guys in that thread got most of them. Also check out Saensak Muangsurin. Won the boxing world title in his 3rd fight so I don't think the transition was too hard. If you want more current guys check out Jarrell Miller, Aleksei Papin, Nieky Holzken, Sergei Lipinets, Srisaket sor Rungvisai, Knockout CP Freshmart, and Wangheng Menayothin.

4. ctrlaltdelete Purple Belt

ctrlaltdelete
    John Wayne Parr also had a 13 - 0 record in boxing IIRC over in Australia, but he left the sport because he missed Muay Thai.

5. jtwarwagon4life Green Belt

jtwarwagon4life
    I don't think there are anymore kickfighters crossing over than in decades past. And fewer seem to be having success than in the past.

And there have been lots of fighters who have gotten to the world level and even won major titles.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
  6. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    He lost to Sakio Bika who became a WBC champ and fought a few big names like Ward and Calzaghe

http://boxrec.com/fr/boxer/55902

Mafanofe and ctrlaltdelete like this.
  7. AbeRudder Green Belt

AbeRudder
    Palangpon had a good fight against japanese prospect Kosei Tanaka for the WBO light flyweight title

Satanmuanglek also made his boxing debut recently but i can't find the video for it, he looked ok but nothing special yet.