Kickboxing Records

TCE

"That's fucking illegal"
Pink Belt
Reaction score
I'm starting to watch kickboxing a fair bit, nowadays. Especially Glory and a lot of old K1 stuff.

MMA has Sherdog, Tapology and MixedMartialArts as an MMA fighter database for records, and boxing has BoxerRec for full official boxing records.

Does kickboxing have a database? I know Sherdog used to have one for kickboxing when I joined here.

Wikipedia is the only one I can see but most kickboxers records seem incomplete on there.

Thanks in advance.

Sadly no. All we really have is wikipedia. However the kickboxing community is getting a lot better at putting stuff on wiki. There are pages like "2017 in Glory" that archive every fight result.

Sadly no. All we really have is wikipedia. However the kickboxing community is getting a lot better at putting stuff on wiki. There are pages like "2017 in Glory" that archive every fight result.

Thanks.

@Mafanoe has made alot of wikipedias of kickboxers.

I suggest we e-mail kickboxing organizations and try to make them hire Mafanoe!

I keep e-mail spamming K1 Japan to consider an english streaming platform, but they won't answer me.:mad:

I keep e-mail spamming K1 Japan to consider an english streaming platform, but they won't answer me.:mad:
Thanks for the effort. I get way more engaged with a promotion and fights when there is English commentary.

b-but i do it for love :oops:

I'm starting to watch kickboxing a fair bit, nowadays. Especially Glory and a lot of old K1 stuff.

MMA has Sherdog, Tapology and MixedMartialArts as an MMA fighter database for records, and boxing has BoxerRec for full official boxing records.

Does kickboxing have a database? I know Sherdog used to have one for kickboxing when I joined here.

Wikipedia is the only one I can see but most kickboxers records seem incomplete on there.

Thanks in advance.
there is a wiki section made to reunite all(or at least a big part of) wiki pages of kickboxing and muay thai fighters

i usually put the pages that i make in this list,as other people who make kickboxers wiki pages also do it

it is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_male_kickboxers

Thanks in advance.
http://k-1sport.de/en/database/tournaments.php

Here's one I've found recently that has records, although I haven't thoroughly looked through it to see how up to date they keep it. Looking more closely it appears it's for K-1, UFC, SF, Dream, Pride & X-1 and only goes through 2010. So my bad.

there is a wiki section made to reunite all(or at least a big part of) wiki pages of kickboxing and muay thai fighters

i usually put the pages that i make in this list,as other people who make kickboxers wiki pages also do it

it is here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_male_kickboxers

http://k-1sport.de/en/database/tournaments.php

Here's one I've found recently that has records, although I haven't thoroughly looked through it to see how up to date they keep it. Looking more closely it appears it's for K-1, UFC, SF, Dream, Pride & X-1 and only goes through 2010. So my bad.

Thanks, guys!

Someone make oneeee ty.
Been playing around with the idea, at least for Japanese kb.

In Japan at least there is some groundwork because efight and queel has a partial DB. The problem becomes 1. I have no idea how to even approach China 2. What do you do with the whole KB vs Muay Thai thing

What do you do with the whole KB vs Muay Thai thing
Wiki seems to lump that all together. I think in an ideal world a comprehensive "Kickfighting" database would be ideal, with a category for what exact sport listed on the record.

It's just way too much fucking work though and at the end of the day is it really worth it?

The wiki thing is probably the most pragmatic solution, even if it isn't ideal.

Wiki is way too much manual work in my experience if you want to try and do anything comprehensive. You really don't want to be entering 1 piece of data 3 different ways (on the events page and both fighters pages) and going the wikipedia route that data you have to make look a little different for each page too. That's super annoying and for any project like this it needs to be more straightforward. Most people also don't know how to edit a wiki and if you wanted to get a lot of results you need to have it be possible for anyone to submit results that you then check out.

You basically need someone to build a site for this purpose. There's been a few attempts but nobody has finished one. Maybe Zach from combat press one day finishes his :p

Last edited:
Back