Kharitonov vs Minakov is announced for future Fight nights event

Great fight, looking forward to this one, hopefully if Minakov wins UFC sign him.

UFC should sign him while he is undefeated. This is HW, any bad night and you can get KTFO'd, just look what happened on Linderman's fight

Got real excited for this news until seeing it is 7 months away. Should be thr best heavyweight fight to take place outside of a U.S. org in years

UFC should sign him while he is undefeated. This is HW, any bad night and you can get KTFO'd, just look what happened on Linderman's fight

I'm sure the UFC would if they could but as far as we all know he is still under Bellator contract which will prevent him from fighting for another American Organization.

Only in Bellator.

I tell you they make it hard to take them seriously.

Why because Coker will work with fighters and let them get exposure in other promotions like rizin. That's why he has a future star in women's division who still boxes. Bellator allows their fighters too take non bellator fights or box UFC makes their fighters get a second job. That being said Sergei vs Roy would be fun.

Got real excited for this news until seeing it is 7 months away. Should be thr best heavyweight fight to take place outside of a U.S. org in years

I'm sure the UFC would if they could but as far as we all know he is still under Bellator contract which will prevent him from fighting for another American Organization.
UFc can only sign prospects. Big name wise look at free agency they either don't know the value of guys or don't wanna spend the money

Why because Coker will work with fighters and let them get exposure in other promotions like rizin. That's why he has a future star in women's division who still boxes. Bellator allows their fighters too take non bellator fights or box UFC makes their fighters get a second job. That being said Sergei vs Roy would be fun.

There were a lot of great fights between a Bellator guy, a former Bellator guy and/or a decent/recognized guy that haven't happened on Bellator, just at the top of my head: Minakov vs Bigfoot, Storm vs Slava, Storm vs Halsey 2, King Mo vs Cro Cop...

While these fights happen, Bellator give us squash matches (even main events) like Gallagher vs Taylor (who?), MVP vs Ontiveros (6-3 record), King Mo vs Ishii (on a 2 fight losing streak), Punk Thomson vs Villaseca (regional guy)

That's my problem (and I'm probably not the only one) with that

<LikeReally5>
Yeah, 7 months is pretty much of waiting, so much can happen to ruin the fight also, but still root for Khariton in this one.

This is the real world not fantasy land where you just let your fighters run wild when you can't even crown a HW champ.

While there doing that you give the fans crap HW match ups because you can't get your contracted fighters under control/keep them busy enough. Hey, I'm all for one off things every once in awhile. But some of this is just ridiculous when looking at the state of Bellator.

The real problem is Coker can't manage his roster. That is the cold hard truth. He should be sitting down with Spike figuring out how put cards together over then next year(Schedule) and hopefully increase ratings. Spike spent the money on fighters and the ratings have not been trending in the right direction. You have stars like Rory wishing they fought more. They have enough talent to give us a solid 12 to 15 cards a year. With just about every card having a title fight (some maybe with two), very good co-main events, and at least one or two other interesting match ups or odd ball draws. If Spike wants more content then 12 to 15 shows maybe they need to do a Bellator Challenger series or something to that effect 6 to 10 times a year. Maybe they could do two or three weight classes a year under a tournament format for those events.

Pavlovich is fighting Sidelnikov for the EFN Heavyweight title later this year, date TBA.

Off topic but just wanted to say this part of the forum seems more logical and serious than the UFC one, or it's my impression?

On topic now.. Great fight, looking forward to it, if Minakov comes out of shape and fight similar to the way he did with Linderman/Bigfoot he's going to sleep

Great fight, looking forward to this one, hopefully if Minakov wins UFC sign him.

They cant, he's still under contract with Bellator.

He is under one of the old Bjorn contracts that lets him fight in other organizations as long as the event is not broadcast on US television.

That is, unless there has been a recent development regarding his contract or it had a time limit I'm unaware of. Bellator said he was still under contract when they stripped him of the title.

It all comes on how Minakov shows up. He could beat Kharitonov easily via 1 takedown and having a ground game.

If he comes to bang it is like 50/50

This is as big of a fight as it gets on the Russian MMA scene so I understand they want to build this up and promote the hell out of it. Sergei also needs an elaborate camp for this fight and should spend few months to work on his grappling. He doesnt want to hit the mat with Minakov when Geronemo Dos Santos easily got his back.

Back