Kharitonov vs JDS or Stipe Miocic

Burning Hammer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A few years ago I remember people saying Kharitonov wouldn't be able to hang with the UFC Heavyweight division, I think the longevity of JDS (even if he's slowed) and the success of Miocic only reaffirms the notion he would have some success in the UFC. Even though he's only 36 I still think it would be wise if when his contract is up with Bellator he were to get one shot. By then Stipe probably won't have the title since HW is so volitile and we might get a match up between the two immediately.

Whatchu guys think?

How does Miocic's success relate to Kharitonov's chances? He should have come over right after Pride folded. I don't see him doing well know. He was ko'd by Javy Ayala within the last year. Who? Exactly...

and Arona too o_O

Kharitonov has been active since PRIDE. I guess you don't follow fighters just organizations fam

How does Miocic's success relate to Kharitonov's chances? He should have come over right after Pride folded. I don't see him doing well know. He was ko'd by Javy Ayala within the last year. Who? Exactly...

Kharitonov has better boxing, both have solid chins, decent TDD, and fight methodically. their approaches are similar. I think Kharitonov has more power but Stipe's a little faster.

Stipe got KO'd by Stefan Stuve. When you've fought as much as Sergei has there are times where shit just happens.

Kharitonov has been active since PRIDE. I guess you don't follow fighters just organizations fam

Kharitonov has better boxing, both have solid chins, decent TDD, and fight methodically. their approaches are similar. I think Kharitonov has more power but Stipe's a little faster.

Stipe got KO'd by Stefan Stuve. When you've fought as much as Sergei has there are times where shit just happens.

i'm quite sure i've followed him a lot closer than you. and i have a better grasp on sarcasm ;)

but most importantly i've followed him longer than you. i know what he was capable of, because i watched his Pride HW reel in real time. AND i've seen him fight after 2010. and i am able to see the difference between the two. and i'm telling you (though you'll probably choose not to listen) that he does not belong in the cage against a top UFC fighter.

i'm quite sure i've followed him a lot closer than you. and i have a better grasp on sarcasm ;)

but most importantly i've followed him longer than you. i know what he was capable of, because i watched his Pride HW reel in real time. AND i've seen him fight after 2010. and i am able to see the difference between the two. and i'm telling you (though you'll probably choose not to listen) that he does not belong in the cage against a top UFC fighter.

I watched him in PRIDE too, on delay because the PPV's weren't live in America. I've seen him fight too, and people put mythical status on UFC fighters despite the fact they're just like anyone else.

10-15 years ago maybe.

Sergei hasn't had a quality win since 2011.
]

He's been splitting time between sports, and yes he's only hurt himself doing so. I don't think it's that detrimental.

I watched him in PRIDE too, on delay because the PPV's weren't live in America. I've seen him fight too, and people put mythical status on UFC fighters despite the fact they're just like anyone else.

]

He's been splitting time between sports, and yes he's only hurt himself doing so. I don't think it's that detrimental.
you're a good fan(boy), Charlie Brown. keep up the good fight.

I watched him in PRIDE too, on delay because the PPV's weren't live in America. I've seen him fight too, and people put mythical status on UFC fighters despite the fact they're just like anyone else.]

<TrumpWrong1>

The Pride PPV's absolutely were live in America. I would stay up/wake up at stupid times to watch them on my hacked DirecTV setup. I got all the Pride PPVs live and for free.

He still has power, but I just don't think he has what it takes to be a contender at the UFC level now.

Back