Khan vs Maidana

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What a fight my god. I always point to this fight when people say Khans chin is glass. Yeah it may be less than average, but its his defense thats shit.

Still he gutted it out here, despite a brutal 10th round. And Maidana was just an animal

Highlights

What a fight my god. I always point to this fight when people say Khans chin is glass. Yeah it may be less than average, but its his defense thats shit.

Still he gutted it out here, despite a brutal 10th round. And Maidana was just an animal

Highlights

Great fight. He hasn’t got a great chin but he’s generally in very good fights. Shame he gets so much hate

Great fight. He hasn’t got a great chin but he’s generally in very good fights. Shame he gets so much hate

He brings the hate upon himself outside the ring. Alot of shit talking and dramatics might be enjoyed US side (Mayweather/Charlo twins/Wilder), but in the UK fans tend not to like it, especially arrogance...at least not to the extent Khan did.

Its also the reason Audley Harrisson used to get booed, and David Haye disliked. Wheras everyone loved big Frank Bruno

He brings the hate upon himself outside the ring. Alot of shit talking and dramatics might be enjoyed US side (Mayweather/Charlo twins/Wilder), but in the UK fans tend not to like it, especially arrogance...at least not to the extent Khan did.

Its also the reason Audley Harrisson used to get booed, and David Haye disliked. Wheras everyone loved big Frank Bruno

Yeah I appreciate that but he’s a fighter disliked for his persona. And as a fighter he is in more exciting fights than most world level fighters. I try to judge fighters for their skills or ability and try not to let that person being a cunt affect what I think of them as a fighter. Some of my favourite fighters over the years have been twats, David Haye being one of them
Connor mcgregor is the exception to that rule though; love watching him fight but not nearly as much as seeing him dive for a takedown against nate Diaz

aussies and brits just aren't into shit talkers. they can all pack there bags and try appealing to an american audience.

aussies and brits just aren't into shit talkers. they can all pack there bags and try appealing to an american audience.

most British fighers would LOVE to break into the American market because of the huge money involved, it is very rare for them to be able to find popularity in the US though

most British fighers would LOVE to break into the American market because of the huge money involved, it is very rare for them to be able to find popularity in the US though
it's really sad and annoying that a lot of modern fighters feel the need to talk piles of garbage to promote themselves. it just shows the mentality of the audience.

I still am astonished at Maidana pulling himself up off the canvas. Khan's speed was unreal and he caught Marcos with a beautiful body shot. Credit to Khan as well, as he took a beating in that 10th round, and he stayed on his feet and finished the fight.

People always said Cortez was too involved in Floyd fights but he was waaaaaay too into this one. I thought he was going to take a swing at Maidana at one point.

Back