Khalil Rountree Looked Spectacular Against Saki

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Mazing that no one is talking about this given how much Saki was being hyped up. Saki has taken bombs from some of the best strikers ever and Rountree knocked him out in a little over a minute. Amazing performance and he will gain many fans from this. I think he deserves a step up next, possibly Misha Cirkunov.

Khalil-Rountree-DROPPED-Tyson-Pedro-early-in-R1-.gif

I think Cirkunov would take him down and that would more or less end the fight. Give him somebody like OSP.

Does anyone have a gif of the Saki finish? I somehow missed it and can’t remember it because of Bork.

Yeah, Roundtree is that type of guy who could KO any top 5 guy on a given day, but lose to a non top 20 grappler with decent TDs the fight after.

He has certainly improved since the ultimate fighter and even the Pedro fight you weirdly used a clip from (You know he got subbed that same round and showed massive flaws in his game right?) but I still think their are holes in his game.
Had him beating Saki and won decent money on it (Biggest bet I had on all night and just as well - Had money on Stipe by TKO) but had Saki overhyped.

He looked good but the problem is his performance did nothing to show improvement in the holes in his game, his grappling and his cardio.

He may well have improved, but is still a question mark.

Build him up slowly. This win doesn't tell us much, we know he has ko power. His fight before was very frustrating to watch and is a bigger indicator of where he is at

Saki threw a kick expecting to block the counter and ate the KO punch for his troubles. Career kickboxer with a 1-1 record in MMA gets destroyed because he hasn't even figured out the whole "big gloves vs small gloves" thing yet. Big shocker.

It doesn't make sense rankings wise but I'd like to see Rountree vs Manuwa next.

Given how Round Tree has looked against the guys he has lost to, he had to look good against a guy who would stand with him or he'd probably have been cut.

Saki probably would have won if he shot for takedowns, Khalil is like a turtle on its back with no legs when he gets put on the mat.

lets see where hes at set em up vs gus

Unpopular opinion but imo Rountree still sucks. Not so long ago he gassed against skinny Polish fighter who beat him up standing. Dude has worse physique than CM Punk. Now he beat Saki who has one win in MMA. Too early to get hyped up about Runtree.

Unpopular opinion but imo Rountree still sucks. Not so long ago he gassed against skinny Polish fighter who beat him up standing. Dude has worse physique than CM Punk. Now he beat Saki who has one win in MMA. Too early to get hyped up about Runtree.
Dude this is sherdog . if i go tomorrow and beat some known fighter who isnt that good in a spectacular fashion these goofs will be creating threads about how im the greatest fighter of all time and how i could beat prime fedor and prime jones in the same night.

Saki was just baiting him the whole time. He couldve knocked him out at any time. He fell to show his new ground game. Wasnt knocked out at all. Early stoppage.

Impressive… wasn't scared to bang with K-1 level hands.

Manuwa gets KO'd stiff.

Then calls out Cormier.
I like that fight alot. I hope it happens next. But Khalil isnt ranked so its doubtful. Although Manuwa is pushing 40 and is riding back to back loses, I dont think it's totally out of the question.

Although it's more realistic he gets someone like Sam Alvey or something.

Rountree redefining the definition of a 2 minute man.

Back