Khalil Rountree Has Offered to Step in vs. Alexander Gustafsson @ UFC 227

Why would Rountree want this? He has to know Gustafsson's striking is at least K-1 level.

This card needs another rematch. Find a way to get Shogun in.

Would be nice though if Weidman would step up..

No chance Gus accepts this without a lot more money coming his way.

I remember when guys fought to show off their own skills and desire to be great.

I say take it, why not? Very winnable fight that allows him to retain his #1 ranking while making some cash. Also gives him a chance to warm up after his shoulder surgery.

How much backlash will there be on here if Gus turns this down?

Gus needs to take the fight. Right now, he deserves the title shot, but there are much more exciting matchups for DC with guys who don’t deserve it as much. Romero and Brock each would be bigger PPVs then a rematch between DC and Gus. If we wants to stay in the hunt, he needs a fight soon.

But... he's black...

<Moyes5>

phil-davis-poses-for-a-portrait-on-april-24-2013-in-jersey-city-new-picture-id167441038

2b17a588c942fd03cfca309741d11f53.jpg

486279059-anthony-johnson-poses-for-a-portrait-during-gettyimages.jpg

119258.jpg

Once you go Black....

Take the fight and crush him Gus, got to stay active so people actually remember you for something other than your losses.
This.

His fight against Jon Jones was almost 5 years ago and in that span he only has 3 fucking wins...........

Gus needs to actually fight and win at this point

Hope Gus takes it, he hasnt fought in over a year

Gus has been inactive for too long he could use this fight its not like the LHW division is stacked anyway he'll always be in a position to get a ts

This is better than no fight at all. Big step up for Rountree.

Lol at people saying Gus should take this fight. Rountree is not even top50 ranked.

Khalil the man who may have indirectly brought down Dana White Rountree

I can't wait for the realization that Shogun is done to wash over you when Anthony Smith thuds an elbow over his temple and Rua's body collapses into itself
what kind of sick human are you

Back