Khabib's style is TAILOR MADE to be knocked out in the 1st round by Mcgregor

aldo?

also if you are complaining about short notice oppponents look no further than khabib beating no11
Aldo is Conor's biggest win. Fair play to him. However, that is 1/10 fights.

I am not complaining. I am stating facts. For example, if I say the sun is shining today, it doesn't mean I am complaining or not complaining. I am just stating a fact.

The difference in context between Nurmagomedov vs Iaquinta and McGregor vs Mendes/McGregor vs Diaz I is that Iaquinta had a full camp to prepare, he has wasn't on vacation drinking beers and smoking weed. He was in fight camp.

So, it was a short-notice fight for both Nurmagomedov and Iaquinta predominantly in the context of strategy. Both fighters had full-camps to train.

Conor was given an opponent who rarely fights and was on vacation, and not even thinking about fighting. So, Conor had a huge advantage, and he was still choked out. The guy was in championship camp and he gassed out before the opponent who was on vacation. LOL

Iaquinta went 5 rounds, and Conor couldn't go 2 rounds against a short-notice opponent. This is a huge hole in Conor's games that will be tough to cover up and can't be ignored.

If Conor doesn't get his half-a-puncher's-chance to KO Khabib within the first 2 minutes of Round 1, he will be taken down, if he is not taken down, he will be gassed trying to defend the TD. By mid-Round 2, Conor's lungs will be burning, and Khabib is going to smash him. Khabib is not Nate Diaz (who will throw away the fight by taunting a gassed out opponent). Khabib is The Eagle, when if he sees a compromised opponent, he will pounce on him, and smash him until he is broken.

When I look at the data, I only see half-a-puncher's-chance within the first 2'30" of Round 1 for Conor to win. After that, he will get smashed worse than Barbosa and Michael Johnson.

I am not complaining. I am stating facts. For example, if I say the sun is shining today, it doesn't mean I am complaining or not complaining. I am just stating a fact.

The difference in context between Nurmagomedov vs Iaquinta and McGregor vs Mendes/McGregor vs Diaz I is that Iaquinta had a full camp to prepare, he has wasn't on vacation drinking beers and smoking weed. He was in fight camp.

So, it was a short-notice fight for both Nurmagomedov and Iaquinta predominantly in the context of strategy. Both fighters had full-camps to train.

Conor was given an opponent who rarely fights and was on vacation, and not even thinking about fighting. So, Conor had a huge advantage, and he was still choked out. The guy was in championship camp and he gassed out before the opponent who was on vacation. LOL

Iaquinta went 5 rounds, and Conor couldn't go 2 rounds against a short-notice opponent. This is a huge hole in Conor's games that will be tough to cover up and can't be ignored.

If Conor doesn't get his half-a-puncher's-chance to KO Khabib within the first 2 minutes of Round 1, he will be taken down, if he is not taken down, he will be gassed trying to defend the TD. By mid-Round 2, Conor's lungs will be burning, and Khabib is going to smash him. Khabib is not Nate Diaz (who will throw away the fight by taunting a gassed out opponent). Khabib is The Eagle, when if he sees a compromised opponent, he will pounce on him, and smash him until he is broken.

When I look at the data, I only see half-a-puncher's-chance within the first 2'30" of Round 1 for Conor to win. After that, he will get smashed worse than Barbosa and Michael Johnson.

Many True words but would've Khabib except a fight at 170?

Conor looked pretty Fresh against Eddie. Maybe 170 had something to do with his cardio Problems?

Looking back at 223 how did Khabib look in the final rounds? Are we believing the "he just Wanted to be like Ali" Argument?
Or wasn't he much slower and exhausted? How would that go against someone like Nate?

It’s possible, however if Conor cracks Khabib 2 or 3 times and it doesn’t phase Khabib at all Conor will mentally wilt and be looking for a way out.

If Khabib gets top control I wouldn’t be surprised if his corner throws in the towel to avoid a long embarrassing face rearranging mauling.

you state some good points but some dumb ones as well.

conor cant face champs from day1 in the ufc he wanted to but some ppl probably would have objected to that. also a LOT of conors opponents pull out last minute. i think he puts too much pressure on the mental side and they overtrain trying to compensate. which leads to injure. khabib on the other hand is king of pulling out and cant make weight half the time.

the sun shining is all prespective depending on which time of day you are looking at etc. so no, ppl who say they are just stating facts are stupid no offense.

there is a huge difference in training for a champ fight also al couldnt even make the champ weight. there is too many factors. you cant compare the 2 also he is a much lesser fighter who is a part time real estate agent. khabib couldnt even finish him,

conors hole is there but he did cover it up look at the next fight. you just blamed it on taunting ? haha dont be stupid.

conor doesnt do punchers chances. he practises a punch and excutes it. its a disgrace that mma community say punchers chance. imagine that in boxing. ofc becuz most mma fighters are wrestlers ala khabib and just winging punches blindly ppl use that dumb term. but it shouldnt be referenced in conors context.

khabib is not some blood hungry eagle dude cant finish. he will drag it out.

i think conors window is more than round 1, round 3 is where khabib should take over if he isnt KOd on the floor. khabib oribably has worse striking than anyone conor has faced. hewill get kod worse than aldo(if thats possible),

Mendes = small wrestler compared to Khabib. Especially 2 week camp Mendes. But he was still able to take Conor down in the first round, imagine what a full camp big Khabib would/could do

Mendes = small wrestler compared to Khabib. Especially 2 week camp Mendes. But he was still able to take Conor down in the first round, imagine what a full camp big Khabib would/could do
mendes got destroyed and he has better striking than khabib also better takedowns he is just smaller. imagine what a conor mcgregor will do.

mendes got destroyed and he has better striking than khabib also better takedowns he is just smaller. imagine what a conor mcgregor will do.
Mendes got destroyed ... in the second round when he gassed (late in the second round). Khabib will not gas since he will not have a 2-week camp to get ready.
Mendes got better striking: to be honest, Mendes has a 41% (T)KO ratio, Khabib 31%. But Mendes also got KOed 3 out of 4 times, Khabib didn't lose a round in any of his fights. So he's better neutralising his opponents (defensive standup skills).

Here's a HL of the Mendes - McGregor fight. I wouldn't say that Mendes got destroyed, he landed big shots on McGregor, 2-3 takedowns, dominated on the ground ... Until he gassed

His rush in style is going to get him clipped at the hands of Mcgregor.

Mcgregor beats Khabib....Khabib beats Ferguson....Ferguson beats Mcgregor

I can't see McGregor landing a clean KO shot before Khabib gets a hold of him and once that happens it's the end of McG

Mendes gassed against Conor, which he never does. You know why he gassed? Because it was 8 days notice.

Mendes got destroyed ... in the second round when he gassed (late in the second round). Khabib will not gas since he will not have a 2-week camp to get ready.
Mendes got better striking: to be honest, Mendes has a 41% (T)KO ratio, Khabib 31%. But Mendes also got KOed 3 out of 4 times, Khabib didn't lose a round in any of his fights. So he's better neutralising his opponents (defensive standup skills).

Here's a HL of the Mendes - McGregor fight. I wouldn't say that Mendes got destroyed, he landed big shots on McGregor, 2-3 takedowns, dominated on the ground ... Until he gassed

thats like saying conor was winning till he gassed vs nate or even floyd for that matter. he got KOd which is most impressive victory. not winning rounds,

Except Khabib has never been hurt in 26 fights.. so its weird that people think Conor is gonna KO him before Khabib gets hands on him. That might mean Conor only gets a few punches off before the clinch, takedown and beatdown. Khabib is in his prime and walking in the cage 180bs+ so he's not gonna fold like Aldo in one punch from a guy who could make 145. Conor couldn't put Nate away in 7 rounds but guys think he's KOing Khabib in one punch.. LOL.

but then the chicken is still in the freezer and no one knows if he'll ever be ready for the oven..

His rush in style is going to get him clipped at the hands of Mcgregor.

Mcgregor beats Khabib....Khabib beats Ferguson....Ferguson beats Mcgregor

Chad Mendes, a great albeit much smaller wrestler, was able to get him down multiple times... and he was a short notice replacement.

Connor is that you? I only ask cause I think you should be spending more time figuring out your plea bargain than posting on Sherdog

Mcgregor has two clean KO's in his entire career. Dude isn't a one hit knockout artist.

Anyone that has wanted to get Mcgregor against the cage has gotten him there. He breaks the first time that happens against Khabib, he'll be throwing pitter patter punches if he survives to round two.

When Khabib gets a round with you, there is no finesse, there is no technical striking. There's only the fight against the buildup of lactic acid that's going through your body after being traumatized.

dude was roided to the gills.

<TrumpWrong1>

"The NSAC’s paperwork also includes the negative result from a seventh fighter, UFC featherweight champ Jose Aldo, whose test was conducted via urine on June 12 after two failed attempts in the previous two days. Chad Mendes, who replaced the UFC featherweight champ after he was injured, was tested six days before the fight via blood and urine and twice on fight-night – pre-fight via urine and post-fight via urine and blood. Mendes passed all exams."

I agree, Conor has the far highest potential of beating Khabib, his movement and accuracy is key.

Khabib has never even been rocked lol. Eddie was knocked down 3 time and still managed to secure the clinch, if Khabib does that, Conor is getting taken down and pounded out
Difference is Eddie is comfortable being punched, whereas Khabib shuts his eyes and whinces when anyone even gets close to clipping him, he's gonna look foolish when he gets tagged, it's Ronda/Brock waiting to happen.

Last edited:
Back