Khabib's relationship with his father is pretty admirable

UFCBlackbelt

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Of course, we are all born with different circumstances and different parents. Some of us are blessed with good ones and others not so much. Khabib said that as long as he has a relationship with his father what can be more important than that? My father passed away 2 years ago and I always think of him. Nowadays I try to make an effort to always call my mother each day to see how she is doing, I am lucky she is healthy but I can't imagine how it would feel to lose her, sorry to anyone who has lost their mothers/fathers.

Conor has a good relationship with his father.

7b7eb60500bf397927fdd65a60815fed.jpg

I have a soft spot for sport fathers who still love their boy. You cant just ditch ya son after he loses,that would be some fucked up shit. I bet floyds dad might do that.

"Fuck you,son!"

I have a soft spot for sport fathers who still love their boy. You cant just ditch ya son after he loses,that would be some fucked up shit. I bet floyds dad might do that.

"Fuck you,son!"

I think Floyd and his dad are on good terms. Pretty sure there is a clip of him telling his dad he loves him while they are cornering him.

Edit: Spelling.

Lomachenko's dad seems rly cool too and takes an active role in his son's sport. Training and cornering I believe.

I think Floyd and his dad are on good terms. Pretty sure there is a clip of him telling his dad he loves him while they are cornering him.

Edit: Spelling.
Yeah now they are,but hes the first that came to mind. He offered to corner ODLH against Floyd

Show kindness to your parents, if one of them or both of them attain old age with you, do not raise your voice nor repulse them, but speak to them a gracious words, as they did care for you when u were young

"In the recent history of the sport, when you look at fights where one fighter has been badly, sometimes permanently damaged, two constants seem to be part of the formula. Number one, the opponent who is doing the damage is a hard hitter, but not a big enough hitter to put the opponent away. Number two, the guy who is getting worked over has his father in the corner as his trainer, constantly sending him back to take more punishment." - Jim Lampley in the 10th Round of Leavander Johnson vs. Jesus Chavez (Johnson would fall into a coma after the fight and die in the hospital soon after)

Also, this article from 1995 linking fathers cornering their sons and their sons dying from boxing-related injuries.

Not sure if it's related, but I always think that's a troubling aspect of fathers who push their sons into combat sports.

My dad was a gymnast,so i did that when i was young,and he trained me. Lost him at a young age,so its cool to see sports dads with their sons. Even Angel Garcia who goes on crazy offensive tirades...but its cos hes mad hype about his son.

84e257be667265608a5e226950e8ba9c

Danny is DEFINITLEY still Angel's boy.

Garcia-Father-Son-640x360.jpg

"In the recent history of the sport, when you look at fights where one fighter has been badly, sometimes permanently damaged, two constants seem to be part of the formula. Number one, the opponent who is doing the damage is a hard hitter, but not a big enough hitter to put the opponent away. Number two, the guy who is getting worked over has his father in the corner as his trainer, constantly sending him back to take more punishment." - Jim Lampley in the 10th Round of Leavander Johnson vs. Jesus Chavez (Johnson would fall into a coma after the fight and die in the hospital soon after)

Also, this article from 1995 linking fathers cornering their sons and their sons dying from boxing-related injuries.

Not sure if it's related, but I always think that's a troubling aspect of fathers who push their sons into combat sports.
Sometimes it dont work out,yknow. Floyd had to break away from his dad,because he claimed that whatever he did was never good enough for his dad. That split lasted for years.

Of course, we are all born with different circumstances and different parents. Some of us are blessed with good ones and others not so much. Khabib said that as long as he has a relationship with his father what can be more important than that? My father passed away 2 years ago and I always think of him. Nowadays I try to make an effort to always call my mother each day to see how she is doing, I am lucky she is healthy but I can't imagine how it would feel to lose her, sorry to anyone who has lost their mothers/fathers.

Your a good man! Thanks for the reminder to all of us.

A father's role in raising children is criminally under-appreciated. A close relationship with *both* parents gives a child a much better chance to be a stable, productive person in society than without.

Anyone who doubts this just needs to watch some episodes of Intervention -- "Daddy issues" are easily the most common theme to children spiraling into self-destruction.

Back