Khabib's path to GOAT-status is not far off and his the best fighter we have had since Jones issues

lol he's not even close to the real GOAT
C_exObyWsAIE9T_.jpg

He needs at least 6 title defenses to enter the Goat conversation for me.

I think he'll fight a couple more times at LW and retire leaving us always wondering how long he could have dominated.
I don't see him going after a second belt, but I could see a money fight at 170 with GSP, which I think he wins on cardio.

Only a handful of his wins are notable names, and only two or three are top level. He is no where close to being the goat.

People don't realise that even the greatest of all time have no more than 4 - 5 really top level wins, against guys in their prime. When you start going down the list it drops off pretty fast.

Look at Silva for example, an all time great. He's got Dan henderson, Rich franklin, Vitor, and maybe sonnen or forrest? You're already getting a drop off for number 4.

If Khabib beats tony he will have a good number of top level wins as well as a perfect record. The one thing he'll lack is a long championship reign.

How is that salty? You think Khabib will go up and fight TWood? Im just saying apples and oranges, like comparing BJ's accomplishments to Mighty Mouses.

Nothing to do with salt, just different career paths and modus operandis.

That's exactly it, different paths. Conor has accomplished more than khabib, but he has also lost multiple times already in his prime. Khabib has accomplished less but still done a lot and with a perfect, undefeated record. Both great in different ways.

Agreed on this information. Khabib will beat tony,GSP and last all the way with mayweather giving the world a shocking surprise.

I just dont think he will fight long enough

Did you not read my post? In the title you stated Khabibs status as GOAT is not far off and then when everyone called you on it you stated he has a lot of work to do. Those are two directly opposed opinions that you shared in your own thread.
Get it now?

Backpeddling?? I said everything on the first post

I remember the night me and everybody knew that Khabib was destined to become GOAT was the night he fought RDA and that time RDA was top-level fighter but it was not because he beat him but it was how he beat him that convinced people and unfortunately he ran into couple of sad injuries which has kept him from coming to the throne much earlier.

He has the best record we have seen until now in all of MMA. His technically an undefeated fighter and has found a pattern or ways to fight that guarantees him victory. He sucks the life out of his opponents and very demanding fighting-style which needs alot of conditioning.

I see him running thru the remaining LWs like Tony, KL, and some of the other contenders who will eventually pop-up.

Khabib is going to clean out the LW-division in my opinion beating 7-8 maybe even more contenders on the run.. I fency Khabib going on an epic run in the LW-division

I know I am in the minority, but I have a hard time calling fighters who cut a lot of weight for GOAT.

Khabib isn't an all time great, he is good at lightweight only.

All time greats like Cormier can fight at two weights and win belts, or else dominate a division for years like GSP and Aldo. Khabib won't dominate lightweight for years in my opinion with his struggle with the weight cut. Nor will he be a double champ.

Khabib would get outlanded 30 strikes to one off of Woodley so I'd reevaluate your opinions about him being a GOAT. He has short chicken arms.

If he's such a good wrestler why not move up and wrestle Woodley, why not is because he would get iced.

Romero is much more dangerous than Khabib too in my opinion and Whittaker too.

Team Tiramisu will retire soon before GOAT status
So in your eyes, Khabib isn't worth a damn because he won't fight at WW? Very strange argument.

27-0 is really impressive but the quality of his opponents is nowhere near GSP

Back