Khabibs padded record

I totally agree with the premise that Khabib has a padded record.

TS took us up to 16 of his fights. I would say that almost none of them impress me or should even truly be counted. I would even say that Shalorus, Tavares and Trujillo are poor fighters also, although they are made to look like world-beaters when you compare them to his first 16 opponents.

With all that said, Tibau, Healy, dos Anjos, Johnson, Barboza and Iaquinta are good fighters. I would say he has beaten one elite name and that is dos Anjos, but even he was not yet in his true prime and was somewhat of a hot and cold top 15 fringe talent at the time. I've always respected Barboza's striking but I think he's also a little overrated as a fighter, one level below elite even on his best day.

Conor has beaten the better fighters, but not by much. Khabib didn't spend 95% of his career towering over opponents either, fighting much smaller guys to get an advantage over his opponents. Khabib has been known to have weight cutting issues, that much is true, but I think that is down to poor preparation - I don't think Khabib is huge comparing to his Lightweight opponents, he would actually look a little small at Welterweight in my opinion.

Decade long undefeated Jose Aldo is worth everyone on Khabib's record combined with room to spare. Add in Alvarez, Holloway, Mendes and others for an easily superior record.

Bagov can best be described as a journeyman fighter, as he went on to accumulate a lacklustre record of 23-10 with an 80 per cent TKO loss rate.

Yeah, this guy has clearly never seen a Bagov fight.

One of the best lightweights currently in Russia (and easily the most muscular) and he's fought plenty of legit competition including UFC-vet Leonardo Silva, Bubba Jenkins, Frodo, Emeev, and most notably Abdul Aziz and Edmund Vartanyan.

Last edited:
I totally agree with the premise that Khabib has a padded record.

TS took us up to 16 of his fights. I would say that almost none of them impress me or should even truly be counted. I would even say that Shalorus, Tavares and Trujillo are poor fighters also, although they are made to look like world-beaters when you compare them to his first 16 opponents.

With all that said, Tibau, Healy, dos Anjos, Johnson, Barboza and Iaquinta are good fighters. I would say he has beaten one elite name and that is dos Anjos, but even he was not yet in his true prime and was somewhat of a hot and cold top 15 fringe talent at the time. I've always respected Barboza's striking but I think he's also a little overrated as a fighter, one level below elite even on his best day.

Conor has beaten the better fighters, but not by much. Khabib didn't spend 95% of his career towering over opponents either, fighting much smaller guys to get an advantage over his opponents. Khabib has been known to have weight cutting issues, that much is true, but I think that is down to poor preparation - I don't think Khabib is huge comparing to his Lightweight opponents, he would actually look a little small at Welterweight in my opinion.
Khabib was dos Anjos sole loss in wjat would've been a 10 fight win streak. Some good points made though.

Padded record without a doubt. At 350+, I'd make a better blanket than kabob, but can't take the stairs to the octagon because of my overburdened knees. Conor'll bless his bum life and he'll return to Daggerstan to become the king of sub6foot slum lords

And I'm sure every fighter was lining up eagerly to fight Khabib.

He just chose the worst willing fighter, every time.

Pretty funny how Conor fanboys can't decide whether they want to declare Khabib a monster and the best possible win or an overrated bum who has not done anything or fought anyone yet.

Because it is both. He really hasn't fought many people, it's fact. People also act like he's unstoppable and Conor has no chance, or a "puncher's chance". The reality is when he's beaten he will become the biggest bum alive in you Conor hater's eyes, so I wouldn't be talking.

The reality is he's a great fighter, but he's not on Conor's level. No one is!

Decade long undefeated Jose Aldo is worth everyone on Khabib's record combined with room to spare. Add in Alvarez, Holloway, Mendes and others for an easily superior record.
Not really. As far as their 4 best wins Aldo Chad Eddie Nate holds the edge over RDA Edson MJ AL. Although Khabib steamrolled everybody and Conor went to war with Nate and had to dig deep with Chad. After that , Max and conor were both on the rise at the time, you cant use that win as if he beat Max today. So you have Brimage Brandao Dustin and Siver, thats not really "easily superior" to Shalarous Tibau Tavares Healy and Trujillo. Where conor holds the buggest edge is he beat an all time great in Aldo.

Yeah, this guy has clearly never seen a Bagov fight.

One of the best lightweights currently in Russia (and easily the most muscular) and he's fought plenty of legit competition including UFC-vet Leonardo Silva, Bubba Jenkins, Frodo, Emeev, and most notably Abdul Aziz and Edmund Vartanyan.
here in america none of those guys u named mean anything ... a bunch of <FookIsThatGuy>

Nobody cares about what jabronis you fought in regional MMA when you hail from a remote part of the world. His record is padded by circumstance more than anything.

Going 10-0 in the UFC lightweight division is an accomplishment. He hasn't fought truly elite competition yet, save for RDA, prior to him going on his run.

Barboza almost as a rule loses to elite fighters, Khabib being the exception that had to take him the distance, where guys like Ferguson and Cowboy put him away. MJ for his part took him his 7th career submission loss, and a featherweight gave him his 8th right after.

Khabib is probably as good as we think he is, but really its not a proven fact. What is proven however is he's a world class MMA adapted grappler, and Conor is one of the worst grapplers of ranked lightweights.

Basically he's saying Khabib's early opponents have a 128-109 record, and Khabib fought some 0-0, 0-1, and 0-2 fighters when he was on an undefeated run.

Khabib's early record is basically meaningless, as he was fighting 100% cans. A 10-0 MMA fighter should be fighting all guys that are 8-1, 9-1, 10-2, etc., not guys that are 0-0, 0-1, or 0-2.

home-design.jpg

Hehe padded records...

get it?

Stopped reading when you called Ali Bagov a journeyman. Dude went through a resurgence and is one of the most physical and brutal guys at LW on the russian scene. He's strong as fuck and capable of finishing anyone.

Khabib was dos Anjos sole loss in wjat would've been a 10 fight win streak. Some good points made though.
That much is true, but his best career win to that stage was a decision over Donald Cerrone, he was 20-6 with a solid record over good fighters but beating the likes of Bocek, Njok etc. isn't lighting my fire.

Padded record - 1-0 Nurmagomedov made his professional debut in 2008 against Vusal Bayramov, an Azerbaijani who was 0-0 at the time and eventually amassed a record of 2-5. All the losses that Bayramov suffered during a short two-year career came inside the distance.

2-0 Next up for Khabib was a man so bad they named him twice, Magomed Magomedov. It was a fight in itself just to find a database on this Russian with no age or height even known. Magomedov was four fights into his career when he fought Khabib. He was on a four-fight losing streak and all of those defeats came inside the distance. Magomedov finished his career with a negative record of 4-6.

3-0 Khabib’s third fight was against fellow Russian, Ramazan Kurbanismailov. Another inexperienced competitor with only one fight to his name. Nurmagomedov won by unanimous decision and his opponent is currently 5-3-2, which more closely resembles a defensive-minded formation on FIFA than a decent fighter’s record.

4-0 In his fourth bout, Nurmagomedov took a considerable step-up in competition considering his previous opponents, fighting a man who was 2-0. Shamil Abdulkerimov was defeated by Khabib via unanimous decision and only fought four more times thereafter, finishing up with a mediocre record of 4-3. His only claim to fame being that he once featured on an Emelianenko undercard. Unfortunately for Abdulkerimov it wasn’t the legendary Fedor, it was his lesser known brother, Aleksander.

5-0 His fifth fight is laughable. Nurmagomedov faced Said Akhmed, who was making his debut at the time. Akhmed lost by first round TKO and has not fought since. He ended his ‘career’ 0-1, which begs the question; was this guy even a legitimate fighter or just someone they literally dragged in off the street?

6-0 The Dagestani continued to be matched up against newcomers in his sixth fight where he fought Eldar Eldarov, who was 1-0 at the time. Eldarov has earned some credibility though, winning seven straight fights since losing to Nurmagomedov, taking his record to 8-1.

7-0 The recurring theme of favourable match-ups was evident once again in Nurmagomedov’s seventh outing as he faced Shahbulat Shamhalaev, who only had two fights under his belt at the time. Khabib dispatched of his inexperienced opponent in the first round via kimura.

8-0 Nurmagomedov went 8-0 after beating another unproven opponent in Ali Bagov, who was 2-1 at the time and coming off a submission loss. One must question why a seven-fight streaking Khabib was paired against such a green opponent coming off a loss. Bagov can best be described as a journeyman fighter, as he went on to accumulate a lacklustre record of 23-10 with an 80 per cent TKO loss rate.

9-0 Khabib extended his winning streak to nine by beating another subpar opponent in Vitaliy Ostrovskiy. The Belarussian came into the fight 3-3, with two of his victories coming against an opponent with 28 losses (20 by submission) and the other against a fighter with a 1-2 record. Top class opposition indeed. Ostrovskiy didn’t fare much better after losing to Khabib as he lost six of his next seven fights and seven of eleven overall before retiring with an 8-11 record.

10-0 Given Nurmagomedov’s record at this stage, you’d expect him to be lined up against adversaries with similar records but this was not the case. For his tenth fight, Khabib dispatched of Alexander Agafonov, a Ukrainian who had competed in half the number of fights that the ‘Eagle’ had. Agafonov retired shortly after his defeat to Nurmagomedov, with an undesirable record of 5-3 having competed for barely two years.

11-0 Khabib scored a submission victory over Said Khalilov to extend his unbeaten run to eleven in April 2011. The defeat to Nurmagomedov was the second of the five-fight losing streak that ended Khalilov’s career. He finished up with an unattractive record of 12-13, with defeats to Dennis Siver and Albert Tumenov along the way.

12-0 Astonishingly, an undefeated, eleven-fight streaking Khabib was somehow matched with a fighter 0-2 for his twelfth contest. Ashot Shahinyan was the fighter in question and he faced the multiple time sambo world champion in the middle of a five-fight losing streak. The Armenian went 0-2 in his next two contests before picking up the first win of his career. He subsequently retired with a record of 1-5.

13-0 Unlucky for some, 13, was the complete opposite for Nurmagomedov as he was gifted yet another untested opponent with just two previous fights. Khabib defeated fellow Russian Kadzhik Abadzhyan in the first round. It was the second defeat of what turned out to be a six-fight losing streak for Abadzhyan, who eventually finished with a 3-6 overall record.

14-0 Victory number 14 came against Hamiz Mamedov. The Azerbaijan native went 0-3 at the beginning of his career before putting together a decent four-fight winning streak that was eventually snapped by Nurmagomedov. Mamedov was hit and miss and retired in 2014 with a mediocre 8-4 record.

15-0 Obviously, by this point of Khabib’s career, overseas MMA organisations would have been scouting the Dagestani with a view to signing him up. Usually, a fight against a noteworthy name is what management seeks to speed up the process but for Nurmagomedov it couldn’t have been more opposite. Bewilderingly, in his 15th professional fight Khabib fought an opponent making his debut. Yes, you read that correctly. At 0-0, Vadim Sandulitsky was the next opponent for the 14-0 Nurmagomedov and needless to say it ended in the first round. Cherry picking at its finest.

16-0 Nurmagomedov’s last fight before joining the UFC’s ranks was against Arymarcel Santos, a Brazilian with 72 fights to his name. At the relatively young age of 33, ‘Chocolate’ Santos has a crazy record of 38 wins and 34 losses and is still actively competing. Khabib was the Brazilian’s 51st fight and he was 28-22 at the time. Khabib got the stoppage and is just one of 14 KO/TKO losses for Santos.

came across this on another site, credit to whoever took the time to write this masterpiece , interesting look @ khabibs padded record. Tell me Conor wouldnt be undefeated with a resume like this

Funny to see how many times Khabib has pulled out of UFC fights whenever he is presented with a decent challenge....
guy is a farse and will be exposed october 6 . Cherry picking fighters his entire career, go watch khabib fight, nothing special bout this guy, go watch mcgregor, his movement technique power speed is on another level, once in a lifetime type of fighter , enjoy him while hes here .

Some top notch sourcing here so kudos to you and whoever wrote the piece. Some humorous comments in there too. Although he has stepped in competition recently, the cracks are obvious. Conor is a stylistic nightmare for Khabib and not the other way around. This is a total mismatch!

Back