Khabib's Manager Says He Will Not Accept a Fight with Barboza

I used to like khabib but now he is a total joke. He let down his fans. At least Tony takes any fight anytime, respect.

I can understand that the failed cut is an issue however Kevin Lee being booked into a title fight is "forgive the hyperbole" here but possibly the worst thing the UFC can do, it erodes the prestige of being an "Interim UFC Championship"!!! LOL

Seriously though why is Kevin Lee in a title fight? His best win is Chiesa and that is the only guy in the top 15 of the UFC's own rankings. He was KO'd by a non ranked Leonardo Santos a little over 1 1/2 years ago. He is ranked #6 by Sherdog but I am pretty surprised by that tbh.

Maybe because he shows up to fights, unlike Khabib. That makes a big difference

Barboza looking straight deadly lately. Smart manager

He fucked up with his cut, no one to blame but himself.

And honestly, the dudes probably one win away from a title shot anyway.

Let everyone else in the top 10 keep winning/moving up in the ranking while you sit on your ass and stay inactive.

Great fucking strategy, make no money and go down in the rankings !

Only fighting for a title or fighting Conor. LOL who the fuck does this clown think he is exactly? That shit is hilarious.

As if being injury prone wasn't enough, this guy wants to waste more of his prime by being a diva. Waste of talent.

Cerrone should move back to 55, although he's clearly competitive at 70, i think he can make things interesting again, too many inconsistent fighters for such a stacked division.

Conor is boxing
Alvarez and Gaethje are in TUF
Barboza is injured
Khabib refused to fight in UFC 216
Diaz is waiting for Conor

So, Lee is the only one left.
Is being the only one left a valid reason to have an "Interim" UFC title fight? If its not the clear top 2 guys aside from the champion why have it be a title fight?

Maybe because he shows up to fights, unlike Khabib. That makes a big difference
Someone else listed all of the other fighters who are booked or otherwise unavailable therefore Kevin Lee being the only guy available and now Kevin Lee shows up. These are reasons to make this for an "Interim Title".

Abdelaziz is a mouth piece and it seems like a complete charlatan (with all the stuff written about him which you'd think he'd sue the people writing about him)

"When I see him in the hospital in that state........I realise, he is human"

Shut up, you donkey.

After that big knee over a double-leg-faildown I can understand why he has no interest in fighting Barboza...
Or, like the article says, he thinks he is in line for a title after winning 24 times in a row/8 in the UFC and is tired of being pushed to fight non-title matches that offer no benefit at all for his career for the 10000th year in a row.

I'd like to see him fight Woodley if he isn't gonna fight for the LW title.

<mma4> I like this thought, I like it a lot. Like it much better than Khabib/Barboza. I like Barboza but he gets mauled by that Russian Bear...

If Kevin Lee just got a title shot , I'm sure Khabib can get one without fighting Barboza

I still think Connor would rather jump to WW than fight Khabib tho

Starting to dislike him as much as McGregor.
Should just cut him, I appreciate his grappling, but casual fans probably find his style boring anyway.

Back