Khabibs Grappling credentials

conor makes more than almost all boxers
conor has shit boxing
mma has bad striking and weak chins
good boxer comes to mma and knocks out all the shitty mma punchers...
easy road to making top mma money > mid level boxer money

conor wasn't really the b side

Conor was literally the B side.

You know what it means to be the B side, right?

Why would any boxer try and move sport and make what Conor makes when they can stay in their own and aim to make what Floyd makes?

Shit, not even Floyd, Anthony Joshua has made more money than Conor has for his MMA fights.

there doesn't seem to be evidence to support the wiki that khabib was actually a world combat sambo champion.

Conor was literally the B side.

You know what it means to be the B side, right?

Why would any boxer try and move sport and make what Conor makes when they can stay in their own and aim to make what Floyd makes?

Shit, not even Floyd, Anthony Joshua has made more money than Conor has for his MMA fights.

are you really this dense?

I've seen this posted time and time again (just like Arlovksi), but those tournaments apparently aren't FIAS (he doesn't appear in any of their world championship results), I've never seen a bracket or results posting for those tournaments, and the only match of his I've ever seen looks way lower budget than the FIAS tournaments. I'm sure he won some competitions, but those World Champion claims seem pretty dubious.
Ive been trying to find brackets, footage, or any kind of breakdowns of these tournaments for years. No dice so far. Im really curious bc the FIAS sambo worlds feature many Olympians and world team members from wrestling and judo (even some Olympic champs), but I have no idea as to the strength of competition in the world championships that Khabib won.

Yes wrestling > Sambo > BJJ

BJJ is filled with F tier athletes who can't make it in superior grappling sports.

There's a video floating around of Marcelo Garcia who is known as the Michael Jordan of BJJ getting absolutely mauled by Johny Hendricks. In terms of international ranking Hendricks is not even a footnote in wrestling yet he was shutting down the BJJ GOAT's offenses and putting him on his ass constantly.

Also watch Brendan Schaub vs. Cyborg Abreu, elite BJJ vs. college football dropout with a few years of random grappling training. Schaub completely shut down Abreu's offense.

BJJ was designed for small weak betas to catch alphas who are completely unaware of it, in that sense it works but that's also why it attracts the weak betas.
Id love to see this video. I do remember back in 2008 or so Frank Mir talked about how Marc Laimon brought the Team Takedown guys (Hendricks and Rosholt) to Vegas and had them roll with a bunch of top Bjj'ers in the City. According to Frank they embarrassed more than a few high level guys and Laimon got a lot of shit for it.

In my opinion though, this is not all that surprising. Everyone knows that Hendricks and Rosholt were amazing amateur wrestlers but not many people know that they (along with many other wrestlers making the transition) spent a year or 2 competing in Submission Grappling as they transitioned from wrestling to MMA. It was in the FILA/USA Wrestling style of grappling which I know most people shit on and never really caught on as a top competitive platform, but it was perfect for wrestlers wanting to learn to fight with submissions.

So you take lifelong wrestlers and get them comfortable dealing with subs and I guess the result is some hurt feelings in the Bjj community.

Johny Hendricks. In terms of international ranking Hendricks is not even a footnote in wrestling
Also, this is a bit misleading. Johny Hendricks chose not to pursue international wrestling but USA Wrestling was not happy when he left. He was a strong favorite to enter the senior level freestyle ranks a make world/Olympic teams at 74 kilos. Hendricks dominated his way through a couple National Championship freestyle tournaments before College and we all know how well he did and how good he got a Oklahoma State. So yes he wont be found in the annals of USA Freestyle Wrestling history, but this was by choice.[/

https://web.archive.org/web/20161219092723/http://www.bsambo.com.ua/index.php?id=787&L=2
https://web.archive.org/web/20111209060427/http://bsambo.com.ua/index.php?id=645&L=2
http://legionfight.ru/index.php?id=298
https://web.archive.org/web/20161219092317/http://www.bsambo.com.ua/index.php?id=474&L=2
74.jpg

They were world level tournaments. They weren't all under FIAS tho.

You know much about the differing sambo organizations? Ive been trying to learn more for quite a while. My interest was sparked when I saw that of the then new Dagestan Native UFC fighters with sambo world titles, only Ali Bagautinov won his in FIAS while Khabib and Rustam Khabilov won theirs in WCSF. Fedor on the other hand seemed to have competed in both, although his world titles were under FIAS.

Here is what makes Khabib so good and this should be where he gets the majority of his credibility from. He is a lifelong martial artist under his father who was a very high level judoka and to a slightly lesser extent, a high level wrestler. Khabib has a black belt in judo and some kind of world title in sambo. But the meat n potatoes of his background is his close relationship with Sazhid Sajodov. He is a multi world champ and Olympic medalist in freestyle wrestling and khabib has trained with him and his teams for many years.

You know much about the differing sambo organizations? Ive been trying to learn more for quite a while. My interest was sparked when I saw that of the then new Dagestan Native UFC fighters with sambo world titles, only Ali Bagautinov won his in FIAS while Khabib and Rustam Khabilov won theirs in WCSF. Fedor on the other hand seemed to have competed in both, although his world titles were under FIAS.
I don't know too much but I do know that they pull high ranking clubs. I think the only difference is that they don't do a qualifier tournament like FIAS since they are smaller. So if you were in a club you would do WCSF and then try out for FIAS when the time came

Nah bro, are you?

Do you know what being the B side actually means are you as clueless about that as you are every other fuckin thing?
You can’t follow simple basic trains of thought.

And your created your entire persona here, a gimmick account, off that b side.

You can’t follow simple basic trains of thought.

And your created your entire persona here, a gimmick account, off that b side.

You retards can try and keep that garbage alive but once again my post history can confirm that is clearly not the case at all.

I talk about a shit load of fighters.

And just to clarify, he was the B side. That is a fact. I know you struggle with those.

I don't know too much but I do know that they pull high ranking clubs. I think the only difference is that they don't do a qualifier tournament like FIAS since they are smaller. So if you were in a club you would do WCSF and then try out for FIAS when the time came
Yeah Ive researched this before. Im pretty sure the WCSF is actually a Russian organization that holds world championships. This is a pretty common scenario in most grappling arts, meaning the world governing body is based and founded in 1 particularly country. Like the IBJJF in Brazil. I found this little snippet in reference to the 2007 WCSF World Championships:

"The championships were organized by Russia’s Combat Sambo Federation in cooperation with the World Combat Sambo Federation under support of the Confederation of National and Non-Olympic-type Sports of Russia. "

You retards can try and keep that garbage alive but once again my post history can confirm that is clearly not the case at all.

I talk about a shit load of fighters.

And just to clarify, he was the B side. That is a fact. I know you struggle with those.
you don't seem to know what a fact is

It's the truth. Wrestling is much more prestigious and competitive in Russia. That's why Karelin is a household name and national hero while most people who don't follow MMA in Russia don't even know who Fedor is.

Conor's grappling >> Khabib's striking. You better pray he has a chin or else he's fucked.

Khabib's striking seemed to drop Conor to the canvas. Didn't see any takedowns landed by Conor though. ;)

Back