Khabib's first defense? favorable match up again? dana protecting khabib time?

Why would they go out if there way to "install" a pure grappler as a champion? Ppl want KO's. If anything I'd think they wouldn't want him anywhere near that belt.

lets say hypothetically.... khabib becomes undisputed LW champ in April

i'm pulling for Tony... and i also believe Khabib is being protected with match ups that favor him...

who do you want to see khabib defend his belt against first?

i for one believe Gaethje or Lee should fight for the belt next after they both win their fights...

I see alvarez & mcgregor getting ragdolled by khabib personally....

Didn't you mean to say Conor is being protected?

Khabib is "protected" from committing third degree manslaughter against his opponents, such as Conor.

Forget about it. Cause Tony is going to cut the boy up and sub him.

He'll defend against Artem in Russia. That's why Artem is on the NY Card, to build the rivalry! The Eagle vs The Hammer.

488682534-artem-lobov-of-ireland-poses-for-a-portrait-gettyimages.jpg
First octagon death.

UFC protecting Khabib? Nahhh. He's fought some tough dudes. Just because he hasn't fought Alvarez or Poirier yet doesn't mean they're protecting him. LOL he can't fight everyone, and the dude has been sidelined half the time anyways. That's hardly the UFC's fault.

They'll keep Lee away from Khabib for as long as possible.

Probably. They seem to have an interest in Lee as a "star" or a way In To the African American fan base, so they probably won't feed Lee to khabib soon.

It has to be McGregor. Unless McGregor legit refuses to fight him. In that case, probably Alvarez or Lee.

i'm pulling for Tony... and i also believe Khabib is being protected with match ups that favor him...

i for one believe Gaethje or Lee should fight for the belt next after they both win their fights...

As long as Conor is around he ain’t protected. Damn shame

Probably. They seem to have an interest in Lee as a "star" or a way In To the African American fan base, so they probably won't feed Lee to khabib soon.

You got it reversed.

They have plenty of ways to appeal to American blacks.

But Khabib is the best chance they got of breaking into Russia. They won't risk Lee Tibau'ing Khabib, since the judges may actually be competent and Khabib may not get another gift.

You got it reversed.

They have plenty of ways to appeal to American blacks.

But Khabib is the best chance they got of breaking into Russia. They won't risk Lee Tibau'ing Khabib, since the judges may actually be competent and Khabib may not get another gift.

What? They have plenty of ways into Russia, they just bury them all on prelims and fight pass. Lee is easy pickings for khabib.

I am a Conor fan but there is no way he fights Khabib.

He doesn't need money anymore. He has a fuck ton of it. He is just milking as much money as he can from his accolades

I think he is retired to be honest

prob poirer/alvarez if they both win. maybe gaethje if he beats dustin

There are probably no "hard" fights in the division for Khabib, except for Tony. They are both clearly on a level above the rest. If Khabib destroys Tony, there are no contenders to really challenge him. If you consider him getting favorable match ups because he would be favored against anyone, then I guess you are right.

I am a Conor fan but there is no way he fights Khabib.

He doesn't need money anymore. He has a fuck ton of it. He is just milking as much money as he can from his accolades

I think he is retired to be honest
That's why I'm surprised they let him fight Mayweather. I know they made money on the fight but probably not close to what they could have made having him finish his contract.

He publicly had said he planned to get rich and retire early, so it's not a surprise if he does it.

protected?
Didn't he just beat the #4 guy in the division (Barboza)?
Didn't Tony fight the #7 ranked fighter in Lee to become the current interim champion?

So how exactly the UFC is protecting Khabib by giving him a harder match and NOT for the interim belt?

Back