Khabib's #2 ranking - what am I missing??

You're as in you are, not your as if it belongs to me. The point is others lost or left the weight class. He did fight and being undefeated is what moved him up in the rankings.

He hadn't fought in 2 years, and when he came back beat an unranked fighter (doesn't move you up )

So no he hasn't fought.

Bendo and Cerrone left the rankings.

But then we got killers in Edson and Tony who came into the picture.

Khabib is 7-0 in the ufc, was ranked #5 after his last win vs a ranked opponent, and hasn't beat a ranked fighter in over 2 years since.

Tony is 9-0, and just beat the #2 LW, and is ranked behind Khabib.

I'm just trying to grasp the logic here

23-0 and has never even looked close to losing a fight and gets ducked by top lightweights.

Smartest thing Tony Ferg ever did was pulling out injured against him

Nobody ducked Khabib, the guy was injured calling people out, and they were ignoring him, because he couldn't even accept a fight.

Who ducked him??

23-0 and has never even looked close to losing a fight and gets ducked by top lightweights.

Except most ppl thought he lost to Gleison Tibau. So yeah, he has looked human before.

Nobody has ducked Khabib, he was unable to fight for almost two years.

He hadn't fought in 2 years, and when he came back beat an unranked fighter (doesn't move you up )

So no he hasn't fought.

Bendo and Cerrone left the rankings.

But then we got killers in Edson and Tony who came into the picture.

Khabib is 7-0 in the ufc, was ranked #5 after his last win vs a ranked opponent, and hasn't beat a ranked fighter in over 2 years since.

Tony is 9-0, and just beat the #2 LW, and is ranked behind Khabib.

I'm just trying to grasp the logic here
He's undefeated. You said he fought but then said it didn't count because of who he fought. No one would fight him. No one wants to fight him. Also, he's fighting in six days. If he loses at 205, all of your complaining and whining will be vindicated. Why do you care what he is ranked? Ranking don't necessarily translate into title shots. If he lays on Johnson for three rounds and has a boring fight, Ferguson will more than likely get the title shot.

Nobody ducked Khabib, the guy was injured calling people out, and they were ignoring him, because he couldn't even accept a fight.

Who ducked him??
Absolutely no one. Khabib's skills are legit, but based on body of work he's overrated in the extreme.

He's buddies with Kadyrov. Nobody wants to fuck with his ranking.

After watching half the RDA vs Ferguson fight i have no doubt that Khabib would wreck both of them fairly easily and Micheal Johnson would possibly do likewise.

Your missing the point.

He jumped 4 spots in rankings while sitting at home watching TV.

I wonder if he sat out for another 2 years if they'd mail him the belt.

same as siver.

he was ranked 13 or some shit, does nothing, then jumps to top 10.

He's only ranked 2nd on the UFC's website. He's much more appropriately ranked 4th on an unbiased site like Sherdog.

Khabib's ranking is dubious at best, but the UFC website also listed Conor McGregor as the LW champion and the FW title vacant, unless they've finally corrected it. Almost reduced to a propaganda site nowadays, not sure why educated people would reference it.

He fought that homeless guy a few months back. He also rag dolled RDA and that is big for a lot of people. Also, he is undefeated.
Beating RDA at the time that Khabib did wasn't even a big deal for a lot of people. It was only until RDA beat Bendo, Nate, and Pettis that it actually meant something. Undefeated means nothing if it isn't against the best guys and he only has 1 good win.

How can people duck you if you're out for so long with injuries?

I love it when idiots who don't even watch fights and just look at fight fiinder expose themselves.

Most individuals and most mma media outlets had him losing to Tibau.

He was one of the top ranked guys on the homeless circuit.
giphy.gif

Split decision vs Gleison Tibau, he scored zero takedowns in the fight and ate bombs, arguable robbery.

Meanwhile Ferguson ended Tibau in one round.

Not to mention Ferguson replicated Khabibs ENTIRE ufc record in just the time Khabib was nursing his leg on the couch.
Nope.

And that was in 2012...

Beating RDA at the time that Khabib did wasn't even a big deal for a lot of people. It was only until RDA beat Bendo, Nate, and Pettis that it actually meant something. Undefeated means nothing if it isn't against the best guys and he only has 1 good win.
Alright, Khabib is terrible. There is nothing to debate because he will lose to Johnson and then go back to Russia.

Usually when your inactive for several years, you tend to drop spots in the rankings, I'd give examples but it's pretty obvious.

Not fucking Khabib though, this guy sits out since 2014 as the #5 ranked LW, comes back in 2016 as the #1 contender?? And is complaining that he deserves a title shot.

And now we're debating who deserves it more between Tony and him? ?

What am I missing here?.

Stop using logic! This is the same organization that chose Conor as Eddie's first title defense and Hendo as Bisping's (and almost followed up with GSP). What's next, the Spider getting a title shot at HW.... Er I mean, Cruz fighting someone who not beaten anybody yet... Er.. It's almost as if the rankings, or even weight classes, don't matter.

Your missing the point.

He jumped 4 spots in rankings while sitting at home watching TV.

I wonder if he sat out for another 2 years if they'd mail him the belt.
Yeah, UFC rankings are retarded.

Nate Diaz is 2-3 in his last 5 LW fights, with the losses being blowouts, and one of the wins being over Gray Maynard, the other over a fringe top 10.

Then suddenly he's fighting Conor and he's a "top 5 LW" lol. How the fuck does that happen when you go 2-3 over the last 3 years, and you were probably never higher than #5 to begin with?

UFC rankings are retarded, and it's not like they bother making matchups according to the rankings anyway.

Back