Khabib would probably go the full distance with Floyd if they boxed

Amazing how Sherdoggers think because Khabib caught not 100% Conor on a lucky punch in an MMA fight that he is some world class boxer now. Guy is completely useless without takedown threat. Reacts like a novice, trips over himself constantly, throws punches slower than HWs, etc.

Khabib fans are becoming delusional, I'll spell it out for you:

KHABIB'S STRIKING IS A FUNCTION OF HIS TAKEDOWN THREAT.

In the Conor fight, the only reason Conor was rocked was because he anticipated the takedown, not because Khabib is some massive striker. Without the takedown threat he is nothing, if he wants to box someone why not just box Conor? Exactly.

My guess is that it goes 8 round, first 3 are split due to Floyd pacing himself and then Floyd absolutely destroys him due to Khabib's poor footwork, head movement and striking.

I'd like to think that Khabib's fanbase isn't delusional in the same way McGregor's was, but I've learned to temper my faith in the general public.

If Floyd wanted to stop him he would.

NOPE. Hed probably get finished a round or 2 before contingent on floyd impolying the same strategy. He would certainly win 3 rounds tho if floyd decided not to strike again .

Man, I thought Khabib smashing Conor would stop all the troll threads about Conor, but these twits have just moved on to Khabib instead.

Even casuals pick up that Khabib's striking is sloppy...the only reason he's had such success against good strikers in the UFC is because everyone is so terrified of the TD.

Take away the threat of grappling and put him in there with the best defensive boxer of all time....would never happen. He wouldn't last a round. Floyd wouldn't show him the same respect as Conor.

It's cause barely anybody watches boxing here. Floyd was a fucking offensive beast when he was younger. Hand issues (his body couldn't handle his power) and his boxing iq made it so he didn't have to bust his hands or take chances being aggressive. No matter how good a boxer, an aggressor always ends up taking damage

All true. I see it a bit differently though - you shouldn’t really need to watch boxing to understand that sports have levels, and that because someone operating at the top level has limitations relative to top level fighters in his own sport (like Floyd’s power relative to other world class middle/welterweights in boxing), it doesn’t follow that they therefore have limitations relative to everyone else.

It would be a bit like me saying because of Khabib’s sambo base he is pretty limited in terms of shooting for a takedown and therefore, Floyd would have a good shot of avoiding one. It ignores the fact that his single and double leg entry is only really subpar relative to very high level freestyle wrestlers, and he could pull them off against any non-grappler at will, pretty much.

Every contard thinks conor should get a statue built for gettign TKO in rnd 10. I bet i khabib would last 12 rounds easy.

Conor massively underperformed. Was embarassing. No points for surviving against floyd, that is default outcome, and conor failed that!

Khabib wouldn't even last with Conor in a boxing match let alone an all time great like Floyd. His stand up is only functional due to the takedown threat. Without that he's nothing but a punching bag.

Amazing how Sherdoggers think because Khabib caught not 100% Conor on a lucky punch in an MMA fight that he is some world class boxer now. Guy is completely useless without takedown threat. Reacts like a novice, trips over himself constantly, throws punches slower than HWs, etc.

It's insane. They are making Conor more likable than I ever imagined. Khabib fans are 200000% more fucking delusional than anyone I've ever seen on these forums in the last 10+ years. Not even kidding, swear to God. They are the pound for pound most obnoxious, delusional and up their ass fans in existence at the moment.

You sir, just made the all time Sherdog Donkey Thread Hall of Fame. Congrats!<BirdieOwn>

It's insane. They are making Conor more likable than I ever imagined. Khabib fans are 200000% more fucking delusional than anyone I've ever seen on these forums in the last 10+ years. Not even kidding, swear to God. They are the pound for pound most obnoxious, delusional and up their ass fans in existence at the moment.
one guy making a stupid thread doesn't mean shit, conor fanboys made tens of stupid threads per day

If this fight happened floyd would probably have a different approach

I don’t think he would go for the gas out strategy

He could light him up from the beginning with no takedown threat

Conor has better boxing than Khabib regardless of the “knockdown”

Back