Khabib was hit cleanly by both Johnson and Horcher

Yup. It didn't stop the TD and eventual mauling on the ground

McGregor can 100% catch him and KO him, the question is can he do that before Khabib gets hold of him?

My answer is no.

ferguson defence=6. khabib=8. tony offensively 9/10. khabib=8

McGregor can 100% catch him and KO him, the question is can he do that before Khabib gets hold of him?

My answer is no.
.. It's Possible anything can happen, but it's unlikely that McGregor will pull off that perfect scenario

kevin lee vs tony felt fixed....almost as if ufc realized tony is more beatable but has greater spirit than lee.

Both Nate Diaz and Tony Ferguson have way higher chance of beating Khabib than Conor.

You need Nate level cardio to beat Khabib that and or need to be larger.

There is no way Conor will be able to stop Khabib from taking him down. Once down Conor will tire quickly and give up.

Khabib is simply worst possible match up for Conor. Styles make fights. I bet Eddie Alvarez has a good chance of taking Khabib as well.

In the odd event Khabib shoots, he doesn't circle to the back of his opponent or drive through them. He lifts, or raises up to trip them. My point is that there's nothing similar about the way Mendes and Alvarez and Kevin Lee take their opponents down when you compare them to Khabib. Khabib has his own way of doing things. Conor has never faced that. We'll have to see how he reacts.
Oh of course. I'm just adding to the convo. Also while Khabib doesn't Circle and drive like Chad or Lee, he does make a habit of driving to the cage after every shot. Also it is not rare for Khabib to shoot in. He starts many of his chains with a single leg attempt.

Conor has never faced a stubborn chain wrestler. Eddie and Chad typicaly explode in one shot and reset if it fails. It'll be interesting.

Some posters act like he is a helpless child in that department.
He would be though, the majority of LWs would look like a helpless child against Khabib. It's nothing personal against Conor, Khabib is just a different level of grappler.

Chad was on steroids and Conor had a fucked knee + took that fight on short notice. And Chad sets up his takedowns differently - he has one of the best double legs in the game. Khabib gets the takedown from the clinch usually.
took that fight on short notice ?
and u think that Chad was prepared all the time ?
it was the other way around, Conor was already in camp and Chad chillin.
now,u tell me , short notice is for whom

kevin lee vs tony felt fixed....almost as if ufc realized tony is more beatable but has greater spirit than lee.

Yeah, I bet Kevin was concluding with the UFC to have a awful weight cut and develop a staph infection. Yes, that seems totally reasonable.

I don't know what fight you were watching, but Horcher didn't do shit to Khabib.

This is mma everyone gets hit. What happens after khabib wa hit clean? Did he roll over or did crumple and twist them up and beat the living shit out of them?

What happens when conor gets clipped? Does he shoot in in desperation or is he composed and gets out of it?

I like both these guys conor had a punchers chance. Nobody at 155 is going to be able to grapple with khabib.

Tony is the much easier fight. He’s easy to hit in the feet and he has many weakness on the ground.
It’s not better to be a jack of all trades and a master of none.

Khabib weakness is in the feet. He doesn’t have a bad defense like tony. I would be shocked if conor fights khabib.
Tony matches up very well with conor.

Both southpaws with a fraction of the punching skill Conor has. Conor is probably veen better after training boxing for a few months.

And Conors TDD is pretty good early in the fight. He shrugged Eddie off like he was nothing. Edson stopped a few of Khabibs takedowns.

This fight is easy work for Conor. Khabib moves forward aggressively and gets clipped hard. Panics and tries to set up his takedowns from range but gets picked apart and finished in the first.

If Conor was really avoiding Khabib he would have fought Tony. Instead he wants Khabib to win and knock off Tony who is a more dangerous fighter

is that you in your picture?

I agree. I even think Conor will make it look like one of the easiest fights of his career. Then most of the haters will make excuses and start talking about how Khabib was never that good, yada yada... And/or they'll just say Ferguson would have beat Conor if he didn't let Khabib take him out first.

This fight needs to happen... Conor ko Rd 1 or Khabib by whatever he wants after Rd 1

There is literally no fighter in MMA history that hasn't been hit cleanly. Delete this post. It isn't worthy of the server space that it is occupying.

Man, you seem to take this topic really person and REALLY want everyone to know you believe Khabib will wreck Conor.

I mean thats fine and all. Khabib looks wild and untrained most of the time he is exchanging strikes. He literally jumps in with sloppy hooks. Hes been able to get away with it so far, but Conor has the best combination of timing and power in the division. It will take literally one punch by Conor to fuck Khabibs world.

It will take 1 takedown by Khabib to fuck Conor's world.

I think a Khabib/Conor fight is closer than a lot of folks let on, BUT if Khabib gets on top in similar fashion to what Mendes did, Conor isn't getting up.

Not to fight Khabib lol. He would get tossed around and murdered in 1 round.
giphy.gif
5.gif
Now imagine Khabib on top of Conor.

Back