Khabib was hit cleanly by both Johnson and Horcher

Russ82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Both southpaws with a fraction of the punching skill Conor has. Conor is probably veen better after training boxing for a few months.

And Conors TDD is pretty good early in the fight. He shrugged Eddie off like he was nothing. Edson stopped a few of Khabibs takedowns.

This fight is easy work for Conor. Khabib moves forward aggressively and gets clipped hard. Panics and tries to set up his takedowns from range but gets picked apart and finished in the first.

If Conor was really avoiding Khabib he would have fought Tony. Instead he wants Khabib to win and knock off Tony who is a more dangerous fighter

Even tho shish kabob annoys me (history) - man's skill be scary!

let it go, he's not coming back. not to fight khabib

I have seen plenty of these "breakdowns". "Khabib has been hit before so therefore Conor would win!"

I can do this too. "Conor has been taken down before. Even controlled. Khabib would win!"

Also looking at your examples. Eddie was not able to take down Pettis consistently. His wrestling is not even close to Khabib's. And Edson has great TDD. It's better than Conor's. He would never be taken down by Diaz.

Reality is both guys pose extreme threats to the other in their respective strong areas. It' an exciting match up.

It's a lot more interesting than autistic Conor haters lead on. Pretty damn close to 50/50 imo.

Khabib is in HUGE danger of getting knocked out every second it's standing. And Conors TDD is way better than people give him credit for. But Khabib is a freaking animal..

A lot of people here pretend that the majority of posters werent saying Eddie was going to easily grapplefuck Conor and look what happened..

The reality is that khabib would look to trap conor against the cage and take him down there, not shoot for a double from the cage.

Tdd doesnt matter. Khabib will take Conor down if conor doesnt knock him out before he can get his paws on him. Khabibs grappling weapons are indestructable. Conors gonna get put on his back.

Last edited:
If he isn't coming back, why is he currently training?
For Nate who he has a pick em chance against. He's not coming back for the elite LW. He's been running for two years from them.

Such an interesting fight. I'm not sure I'd want Conor to win, but I like Conor in it though.

If Khabib comes forward all reckless like he did against Edson, Conor will knock him out. Khabib will have to fight with a bit more range, where Conor has a huge advantage.

It's a lot more interesting than autistic Conor haters lead on. Pretty damn close to 50/50 imo.

Khabib is in HUGE danger of getting knocked out every second it's standing. And Conors TDD is way better than people give him credit for. But Khabib is a freaking animal..

A lot of people here pretend that the majority of posters werent saying Eddie was going to easily grapplefuck Conor and look what happened..

In terms of wrestling chops, Eddie to Khabib what Jose Canseco was to Barry Bonds

There's simply no comparison. The things Khabib has done to dudes with high level grappling credentials is unparalleled. Thankfully for McGregor if the fight happens which it won't, it starts on the feet.

That's the only thing going for Conor in that fight

In terms of wrestling chops, Eddie to Khabib what Jose Canseco was to Barry Bonds

There's simply no comparison. The things Khabib has done to dudes with high level grappling credentials is unparalleled. Thankfully for McGregor if the fight happens which it won't, it starts on the feet.

That's the only thing going for Conor in that fight
Yea I know, I wasn't trying to say Khabib and Eddie are equal grappling wise at all. Just that Conor can handle himself decently defending takedowns. Some posters act like he is a helpless child in that department.

Also, a grapplers takedown attempts can get less dominant real quick when they eat some serious leather going in

You made it sound like he is training for a fight as opposed to training at a gym (and you don't know when those pics are from anyway). Bottom line is though that Conor is in a different financial world than any MMA fighter ever, and a loss could seriously hurt his "brand." A fight with Khabib is too risky, and most of the people who watched Conor fight Mayweather don't know who Khabib is, and selling that fight would be tough, as Khabib isn't exactly a great hype man. Conor just isn't going to come back for that fight.

tenor.gif

Ok? Everyone gets hit dumbass, it's fighting. Quit giving yourself false hope, Khabib will maul Conor. Too bad Conor is retired, and doesn't fight top contenders.

Ok? Everyone gets hit dumbass, it's fighting. Quit giving yourself false hope, Khabib will maul Conor. Too bad Conor is retired, and doesn't fight top contenders.

keep telling yourself that virgin

Eddie's offensive wrestling is nowhere near the level of Khabib's. This is the same guy who couldn't take Pettis down til round 3. He had less success wrestling Pettis than everyone who has beaten Pettis, and some who have lost to him.

Also keep in mind it usually takes Conor at least a little while to land the knockout blow. Eddie, Mendes and Siver lasted til round 2. He couldn't put Nate out. Aldo is the only guy he's been able to put the lights out on immediately.

Back