Khabib wants to fight McGregor, then GSP, then retire undefeated...

That's true but he also has incredibly high fight IQ and the advantage of having a guy in his camp who's spent 50 minutes in the cage with Woodley.

If the version of GSP we saw get tired against Bisping fought Tyrone there is a chance Tyrone wins. If the smart unlimited gas tank GSP of the Welterweight days shows up though I don't see Tyrone winning by anything other than a punchers chance.

Prime GSP probably beats Woodley but I didnt think that was the debate. GSP is still a great fighter but I dont think there is that gap between him and the contenders anymore. I think collectively between WW and MW there is like 10 guys that chew him up.

This talk of going down to LW infuriates me because he's always said there is no honor in fighting the smaller guy, while refusing to go up to MW because he is "undersized". This disposition only changed when Bisping became champ, who was also the most called out fighter in recent memory.... not so coincidentally.

Prime GSP probably beats Woodley but I didnt think that was the debate. GSP is still a great fighter but I dont think there is that gap between him and the contenders anymore. I think collectively between WW and MW there is like 10 guys that chew him up.

This talk of going down to LW infuriates me because he's always said there is no honor in fighting the smaller guy, while refusing to go up to MW because he is "undersized". This disposition only changed when Bisping became champ, who was also the most called out fighter in recent memory.... not so coincidentally.

You may be right and I agree on the lightweight thing I just don't really fault him for taking the Bisping fight as his first fight back after 5 years off as I never saw it as a push over fight for him and actually thought Bisping would end up beating him.

Bisping is very underrated on here and has only ever really lost to the best of the best. GSP fighting him at an unfamiliar weight after such a long lay off was hardly a cowards move or taking an easy fight as so many claim.

Can't really blame him for going after a 3rd belt if they'll let him though and he's really not much bigger than the 2 guys he could end up facing.

You may be right and I agree on the lightweight thing I just don't really fault him for taking the Bisping fight as his first fight back after 5 years off as I never saw it as a push over fight for him and actually thought Bisping would end up beating him.

Bisping is very underrated on here and has only ever really lost to the best of the best. GSP fighting him at an unfamiliar weight after such a long lay off was hardly a cowards move or taking an easy fight as so many claim.

Can't really blame him for going after a 3rd belt if they'll let him though and he's really not much bigger than the 2 guys he could end up facing.

I was leaning toward Bisping too, if I'm being completely honest..... but I knew GSP had a good chance. I thought "Even if he won, he'd get iced by whittaker or yoel", so I was down with the idea. The whole vacating the belt triggered me....

And fighting at MW was hypocritical simply because while anderson was dominant it was never even an option (because of what reasons?). Whatever reason he wouldn't fight anderson obv didnt apply to a much weaker (but still formidable) Bisping.

I was leaning toward Bisping too, if I'm being completely honest..... but I knew GSP had a good chance. I thought "Even if he won, he'd get iced by whittaker or yoel", so I was down with the idea. The whole vacating the belt triggered me....

And fighting at MW was hypocritical simply because while anderson was dominant it was never even an option (because of what reasons?). Whatever reason he wouldn't fight anderson obv didnt apply to a much weaker (but still formidable) Bisping.

While I do wish that fight had happened he was smart to avoid it and always said he would need time to bulk up properly and still had viable contenders at WW.

He probably did avoid that fight to protect his legacy though cause prime Anderson would have destroyed him. I don't really hold it against him, he was pretty smart about trying to avoid brain damage, lol.

While I do wish that fight had happened he was smart to avoid it and always said he would need time to bulk up properly and still had viable contenders at WW.

He probably did avoid that fight to protect his legacy though cause prime Anderson would have destroyed him. I don't really hold it against him, he was pretty smart about trying to avoid brain damage, lol.

The fact you acknowledge these things sets you apart from a lot of blind fanboys... respect

He's not retiring for good at 30 years old and even if he 1 punched GSP, he'd still be well behind GSP, Silva, and Fedor for GOAT and even behind DC.

That’s not true... he will certainly be ahead of fedor, May be silva... gsp, not just yet

The fact you acknowledge these things sets you apart from a lot of blind fanboys... respect

Anderson and Aldo are my favorites dude.

I just respect GSP because he wasn't shy about admitting to having fear and anxiety but still over came that when the time came and went out there to do amazing things.

I can relate to being terrified and anxious with your body doing everything it can to try and make you curl up and hide but having the mental strength to be able to force yourself to do it anyway and I know how hard it is on my small scale so I can't imagine what it was like to have to do it infront of the whole world.

When your mind and body work against each other instead of as a unit it's a strange thing dude so much respect to him for being able to admit that as someone who is supposed to be a fearless badass fighter and overcoming it in such incredible fashion.

He just jinxed himself. Because Rhonda wanted to do the same thing but look what happened after she got exposed.

Anderson and Aldo are my favorites dude.

I just respect GSP because he wasn't shy about admitting to having fear and anxiety but still over came that when the time came and went out there to do amazing things.

I can relate to being terrified and anxious with your body doing everything it can to try and make you curl up and hide but having the mental strength to be able to force yourself to do it anyway and I know how hard it is on my small scale so I can't imagine what it was like to have to do it infront of the whole world.

When your mind and body work against each other instead of as a unit it's a strange thing dude so much respect to him for being able to admit that as someone who is supposed to be a fearless badass fighter and overcoming it in such incredible fashion.

Yeah I have high respect for professional fighters as well, overcoming nerves is key to mastering the will.

That’s not true... he will certainly be ahead of fedor, May be silva... gsp, not just yet
with 2 title defenses? and against 1 who never fought in the weight class and would be dropping 30 lbs from his last fight and at earliest would be fighting for the first time in 18 months? Hell, Weidman had just as good if not better resume than Khabib before he beat Anderson, and then beat him again, machida, then belfort. Should've retired then so we could've called him GOAT by your logic.

with 2 title defenses? and against 1 who never fought in the weight class and would be dropping 30 lbs from his last fight and at earliest would be fighting for the first time in 18 months? Hell, Weidman had just as good if not better resume than Khabib before he beat Anderson, and then beat him again, machida, then belfort. Should've retired then so we could've called him GOAT by your logic.

Khabib vs gsp should be at ww... Fedors resume is full of cans and got his ass handle as soon as he started fighting guys for real in the states

Relative to all time, Khabib hasn't done much in MMA.

RDA and Barboza are his 2 good wins. Everyone else he has fought is somewhere between okay and good.

In the all time, wins over RDA and Barboza do almost nothing.

Connie has 1 big win over Aldo. It's a great win. He doesn't have any other really tremendous wins. Mendes is definitely good and that's it.

Khabib being 26-0 is a really nice number. There's not a ton behind it other than that he has won a lot.

I don't think beating Connie will do much. Beating 37 year old GSP isn't the same as beating 27 year old Georges.

While I do have GSP as GOAT, GOAT isn't a belt. You don't beat the GOAT then become the GOAT.

It's an accumulation of achievements and Khabib is just too far from that.

"While I do have GSP as GOAT, GOAT isn't a belt. You don't beat the GOAT then become the GOAT." I love your sentence. Lets hope it sticks in people mind.

I like Khabib but I just don't see it.

He has too many holes in his game to retire undefeated.

Back