Khabib wants to fight McGregor, then GSP, then retire undefeated...

Very good chance he loses his 0 with the conor fight and he is not beating gsp if he gets past conor.

He said this long ago, and that is exactly how it will play out. This is my prediction right now, you will see when it happens.

He always said his dream goal was to fight GSP at MSG and then retire undefeated. GSP has said he wants to fight Khabib.

Khabib beats Conor, then GSP, then retires undefeated. Where will he stand in GOAT status if he does this?

I wouldn't put him as GOAT.
Probably one of the greats.
Probably LW GOAT.
but fas from MMA GOAT IMHO.

If he was to defend his LW belt for a while, then maybe.

Heck, beating GOAT does not make you GOAT (hence why we never speak as Werdum or Serra or Weidman in GOAT conversations)...
But just getting the belt then fighting someone who is semi-retired (On GOAT discussions or not) does not make you GOAT.

You gotta climb the mountain and remain at the top for quite a while to be on these conversations...

Those would be a couple good wins to go out on, but sure wouldn't make him the goat.
There is no such thing as goat, except michael jordan, goat is defined by post career billion dollar shoe business.

If this all came off...
Well, a half decent victory in RDA, a good win in a 2yr absent mcgregor then a good win in a semi retired old and ill GSP - he's very very very very very very very very very very far from goat talks.
Don't tell me, you think Conor is GOAT material, right?

GSP would jab Khabib to death like he did Koshcheck. GSP 50-45.

There is no such thing as goat, except michael jordan, goat is defined by post career billion dollar shoe business.
It is theoretical, but it's a very popular topic in mma and in boxing. The scoring criteria is subjective, so barring some once in a lifetime guy checking the boxes for everyone, there will always be a number of goat contenders.

Let me get this straight. His dream was to fight a supermarket full of tomato cans, then fight 2 legitimate opponents and retire. Alrighty then.

Holloway was only his second ufc fight too.
Alverez was a boss and deserves a lot more respect.
Poirier fair enough but he's a good gatekeeper.

Nasty Nate was two fights at 170... Not many if any transfer up two weight classes and compete at three??

Just out of curiosity, how do you rate khabibs record?
RDA, barboza, mj...

Relative to all time, it's not too great.

I think you already listed Khabib's biggest wins.

MJ is 1-5 in his last 6 with his only win being a quick KO of the afore mentioned Porier.

26-0 is a good number. It's aesthetically pleasing.

When it's closely examined, as every single fight needs to be when determining GOAT, there's little to no substance to it.

Hard to say he'd be a GOAT without having a long string of title defenses

Wow. Someone on sherdog with an iq in the triple digits. Don't see that everyday.
Well thought out/articulated response which makes great sense.
Kudos good sir: I agree entirely with your premise.

The fight is definitely more hype than substance.

That's not to say that it's not a bad fight, it's just when examining GOAT status, Kabob Connie is a footnote.

McNuggets has his casual base he has built up but in all seriousness both fighters are so far away from GOAT the amount of work required for them to put in is...it's still in the realm of comprehension but we're talking several years of big or huge wins.

Let me get this straight. His dream was to fight a supermarket full of tomato cans, then fight 2 legitimate opponents and retire. Alrighty then.
The guy you chickened out of a bet over? Yeah, you sure are confident he can beat Conor. Fkn Clown.

He said this long ago, and that is exactly how it will play out. This is my prediction right now, you will see when it happens.

He always said his dream goal was to fight GSP at MSG and then retire undefeated. GSP has said he wants to fight Khabib.

Khabib beats Conor, then GSP, then retires undefeated. Where will he stand in GOAT status if he does this?
Plain and simple, if he fights GSP, he isn't retiring undefeated. He will get zero takedowns and will get oustruck easily on the feet.

GSP is literally about the worst matchup in MMA for Khabib that is near his size

Just saying beating a guy when hes green doesn't just become a top five win, if that guy becomes top five years later.
I understand that, all I'm saying is that least those guys become top 5, who has Khabib fought that became top 5 besides RDA? No one.

Dammit, I don't want to see him retire before 30-0.

And he still needs to fight Furguson.

Back