Khabib wants to fight McGregor, then GSP, then retire undefeated...

he must defend a couple of times before moving up

and he should challenge woodly or whoever the WW champ is by then

in that case he could bring a case for goatness

fighting gsp after connor... nahhh

He's not retiring for good at 30 years old and even if he 1 punched GSP, he'd still be well behind GSP, Silva, and Fedor for GOAT and even behind DC.

hum...no. Being undefeated after Conor + Khabib would be instant goat. But of course, there still would be a lot of haters...

If he were to beat Conor and look really good doing so, there’s no way GSP would fight him. GSP will only cherry pick winnable fights at this point

How are Holloway, Poirer and Eddie not good wins? Certainly more solid then anyone Khabib has fought besides RDA and Barboza.
Holloway and Poirer were both not even close to as good as they would become. Conor does have an underrated resume by his haters, but wins against Max and Dustin look much better on paper then in reality considering the time he beat them. If Al develops into a top fighter in 5 years, it won't make him a great win for Khabib

If he were to beat Conor and look really good doing so, there’s no way GSP would fight him. GSP will only cherry pick winnable fights at this point

If Khabib beats Conor he will likely look REALLY good. That doesn't change that GSP is the worst possible match up possible for Khabib. GSP knows this

Connie has 1 big win over Aldo. It's a great win. He doesn't have any other really tremendous wins. Mendes is definitely good and that's it.

I agree with everything you said but this. Eddie alverez has to be an all time ranked lw. He's won titles in multiple promitons over 15 years in multiple countries. Porier at the time was also an impressive win. Not in the realm of aldo eddie or medes though. But a note worthy top 5 win.

One thing though you'd have to credit for khabib as well is the undefeated aspect of his career aswell. It would be a feather in his cap that no other goat candidate has. Gsp has no losing streaks, that's about as close as it gets.

Last edited:
He's not retiring for good at 30 years old and even if he 1 punched GSP, he'd still be well behind GSP, Silva, and Fedor for GOAT and even behind DC.

Nah, if he 1 punches GSP after being LW champ he is definitely up there.

Sounds good to me. Fuck connorr and george. Both cheater cherry pickers.
Yeah, that scallywag GSP, cherry picking all those top contenders at WW to defend his belt against. And that bum cherry picker Conor, cherry picking Khabib who is going to smesh him. What a pair of pussies, fighting in a cage for your entertainment and cherry picking top opponents.

Screw ‘em both.

They're in the discussion by old fat guys that "MMA experience" amounts to getting hammered drunk and trying to watch a few juiced up monkeys fight each other.

Anderson was a very good fighter, but he hardly beat enough talent to consider him the GOAT. Then when you factor in the PEDs, there's zero chance.

Don't even get me started on Fedor.

Jon could've been despite his abysmal division due to the fact he was undefeated and dominant but PEDs has ruined his career too.

Guys like MM, Cruz, Aldo, GSP, and Edgar, maybe even throw a bone at BJ, are the real GOATs. With guys like Cejudo, TJ, Conor, Khabib, Tyron, DC, Whittaker, etc. knocking on the door. They'll all most likely be rendered irrelevant when the new age of MMA comes too though.

Like the post, but Cejudo already?

He and Woodley seem like the odd ones out in that list

Like the post, but Cejudo already?

He and Woodley seem like the odd ones out in that list

Pettis, Formiga, and MM. I thought he got screwed against Benavidez. I'd say he's definitely on his way at least.

Tyron clearly lost to Wonderboy, but he still beat Gastelum, Lawler, and Maia. I think he makes easy work of everyone else in the division too outside of maybe Till and that's including if GSP wants to come back. Lots of potential to add to his legacy.

Plus more than anything these guys have skills. Cejudo is an Olympic Gold Medalist whose striking is damn near starting to overshadow it. Tyron is a top tier D1 wrestler, with explosive leg kicks, very underrated jiu-jitsu, and solid boxing with great power. If Tyron's fight IQ wasn't so poor and he had better cardio, he'd probably be the best fighter in MMA history.

Pettis, Formiga, and MM. I thought he got screwed against Benavidez. I'd say he's definitely on his way at least.

Tyron clearly lost to Wonderboy, but he still beat Gastelum, Lawler, and Maia. I think he makes easy work of everyone else in the division too outside of maybe Till and that's including if GSP wants to come back. Lots of potential to add to his legacy.

Well I still disagree on Woodley but interesting take on Cejudo.

I don’t think Woodley gets through Til and I know Colby is a loudmouth but I don’t think Woodley beats him either.

Relative to all time, Khabib hasn't done much in MMA.

RDA and Barboza are his 2 good wins. Everyone else he has fought is somewhere between okay and good.

In the all time, wins over RDA and Barboza do almost nothing.

Connie has 1 big win over Aldo. It's a great win. He doesn't have any other really tremendous wins. Mendes is definitely good and that's it.

Khabib being 26-0 is a really nice number. There's not a ton behind it other than that he has won a lot.

I don't think beating Connie will do much. Beating 37 year old GSP isn't the same as beating 27 year old Georges.

While I do have GSP as GOAT, GOAT isn't a belt. You don't beat the GOAT then become the GOAT.

It's an accumulation of achievements and Khabib is just too far from that.

Wow. Someone on sherdog with an iq in the triple digits. Don't see that everyday.
Well thought out/articulated response which makes great sense.
Kudos good sir: I agree entirely with your premise.

Not gonna mention Poirier or holloway?
Let alone Alverez and how it was won? You know, the actual lightweight champ...
Or even the two fights at welterweight straight from featherweight?
Fair.

Green Holloway
Chinny Poirier who got laid out a couple fights later
Nate Diaz? lol anyone half decent can beat him easily.. check his record.. yet Conor tapped for dear life.
Alvarez was a great dominating win though I'll give you that.

Styles make fights and in a couple months we won't hear about Conor anymore.

Those would be a couple good wins to go out on, but sure wouldn't make him the goat.

How are Holloway, Poirer and Eddie not good wins? Certainly more solid then anyone Khabib has fought besides RDA and Barboza.
Holloway and Poirer certainly weren't the fighters they are now. When you beat someone matters, and he beat them both before they'd done anything of note.

Alvarez is a good win though.

This is what I don't like about the new chapter of MMA.

The era of the money fights.

When someone becomes a champion nowadays they don't look toward contenders on the horizon to solidify their claim to the title... they look for cherry picking money fights which hold up and tear down divisions

Sad because I get that its prize fighting and the point is to make money fighting and make it home to do it again but MMA is evolving to less of a legitimate sport of fighting to find out who's the best and more of the way of sports entertainment where we don't really know who's actually the best

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back