Khabib wants to fight Ferguson and then end career.

Definitely a premature retirement if true. When you become the hunted sooner or later someone will find a ch!nk in your armour. It's MMA, there are a lot more factors involved than in boxing. I guess he's concerned about this rather than going on a long title reign.

I love khabib but honestly if he beats Tony and retires I will think it was prematurely. All goat candidates defended their belts through years of dominance.

Perfect record but not goat imo if he retires on a win next.
I dont think he will retire that soon,but you consider all the near career ending injuries he has had on this road,the wear and tear and hard weight cut might be on his mind.

I love khabib but honestly if he beats Tony and retires I will think it was prematurely. All goat candidates defended their belts through years of dominance.

This.

Its an interesting turn of events. Conor has no belt and isnt part of the most important fight in the division we want to see now. Hes edged out of relevance for the moment. Hopefully he wont attack any more buses.

Dudes been fighting since he was a little kid, maybe he's had enough, shame because I love watching him fight but if he feels enough is enough, then so be it.

If he beats Tony then retires he's LW goat to me, but understand if other people feel differently.

Would love to see him with a few more title defenses though.

UFC holds the Tony and GSP fights hostage until he gives the great Conor McGregor his deserved rematch. Khabib actually has zero leverage.

If he wants to retire early, then I understand, but stopping 2 fight shorts of a 30-0 record would be a shame. He may as well stay in the game for another 8-9 months, get two more fights in after tony, get that 30-0 record, and retire as the obvious lightweight goat.

Not so fast, ese
z2kucxC.jpg

jwHp1k3.jpg

If he wants to retire early, then I understand, but stopping 2 fight short if that 30-0 record..... He may as well stay in the game for another 8-9 months, get two more fights in after tony, get that 30-0 record, and retire as the obvious lightweight goat.
He can do like mayweather. Retire,take a year or 2 off come back like gsp and only do superfights to get the 30 and 0.

I come beck because not 30 and 0 is number # 1 bullshit.

I've honestly no interest in a Conor rematch. I think it'll be like DC v AJ 2, a an even faster defeat.

If he wants to retire early, then I understand, but stopping 2 fight shorts of a 30-0 record would be a shame. He may as well stay in the game for another 8-9 months, get two more fights in after tony, get that 30-0 record, and retire as the obvious lightweight goat.

30-0 certainly has a nice ring to it.

I think that if he defeats Tony he will fight for the WW belt, and then put in on the line against GSP in his retirement fight. That's at least Khabib's father dreamplan.

I'd like to see the rematch. Would be interesting to see what Conor does differently in his training camp this time around. It got the nod over Diaz in the rematch, so anything is possible.

Things are going to be interesting if Tony manages to beat Khabib. That kinda throws the whole undefeated GOAT status out the window.

Back