Khabib V GSP in a full on Grappling match...

Khabib grapples with bears and Cain, he'd easily bulk to 170 and beat Georges

Maybe not by today's standard but he was one of the biggest and strongest during his time.

Now he is mid level. Definitely not small.

He is thinking of fighting Bisping at 185lbs. How can he do that if he isn't big enough for WW now?
Well he's definitely "big enough" for welterweight. That's his natural division.

In terms of moving up, everyone can do that. GSP's last two opponents are now Middleweights for example. But it also seems like there's new information on weight cutting that has allowed guys to drop further then once thought too. I believe GSP could make himself suffer to Lightweight, but hopefully he won't.

Who takes it?
1405f-3.gif

ZybPe4Y.gif

tSnU6Z5.gif

DX3olXj.gif

gsp_koscheck_takedown_defense.gif

gsp-textbook-takedown_zps3b2b1e23_medium.gif

14k8a51.gif
Khabib is a better pure grappler, is probably stronger, and has equal or better top control and scrambles than GSP, but GSP has better MMA timing level change takedowns, better BJJ, and is much bigger than Khabib.

Really hard to say as wrestling or grappling on a mat is a whole different world than in a ring.

I want to lean more towards GSP, but I really have no idea. Khabib is an animal.

In the octagon though? GSP 50-45. Jabs and kicks all day.

Last edited:
I would pick Khabib in wrestling, Judo and Sambo of course. But in a nogi match, probably GSP. Although he is typically an mma grappler, while Khabib is a grappler who is comfortable in any position.

There is a big size difference.

GSP is a lean and extremely muscular 170lb.

Khabib is in decent shape for a 155lber.

This "fake news" about GSP being a small WW needs to stop.
Yeah GSP is a big dude. 5'11 witha 76 inch reach. Don't know where this small ww same from.

Gsp. Once he gets on top nobody can do anything.
when he gets on top he has to do something - and it can't be punching. He couldn't submit hardy owning him in all other aspects of the game so its not like he was submission machine. Then again we cant be sure what he did last 4 years. He might pull Maia in his next fight

GSP has superior striking which would give him better takedown positioning or transitions. GSP all the way, plus he is stronger and a bigger person....GOAT.

I don't think he is a "lot" bigger. Both around 5'10, GSP walks around at 185-190 usually while Khabib supposedly is also around that weight.

"Weight cut evolution."
When you have both men at 190 gsp is like 10% bf khabib is more like 18% or higher , it has nothing to do with weight cuting he is to small for 170 and thats the main reason he is a 155. So when 1 guy is low bf and the other is high at the same weight there is a dramatic difference in size .

Khabib.
Freestyle wrestling, Judo Black-belt and Combat Sambo all pretty much since you were walking in a country where every male trains in combat sports.

I've seen Khabib outgrapple Rockhold but I've seen GSP out wrestle prime Rashad Evans.

I'm picking GSP for another 2/3 years.

I think Askren can beat both in a gym setting (I think Khabib will slam Askren on his head on concrete in a real world fight).

I think Maia will tap all in a gym setting.

yes because that helped Maia against Marcelo. Maia still got owned.
What does bjj have to do with wrestling? Or the size difference between khabib and gsp? There is weight classes for a reason gsp is the bigger 'by a lot ' fighter that's fact . I don't care if khabib hit 200lb he would never look or be as big as gsp at the same weight bf% is real and khabib isn't exactly cut at 155 imagine him at 190 . Gsp all day all night unless his skill and athletic ability fell of a fucking cliff which I seriously doubt

Back