Khabib turned down $15 million offer for Conor rematch, uncle says

Lol at the ufc offering 15m

No fing way

Not a big deal or stretch.

This past fight, McGregor probably made at least $25 million (their team estimates $50 mil, but let's just say half).

Maybe the $15 mil supposedly offered to Khabib is a higher guarantee but lower (or no) PPV points. Those kind of negotiations/offer comes up all the time in combat sports. A fighter might opted for a higher guarantee if they think the PPV won't sell well, or they don't want to bother with promotion.

"and then finish his career"?... He needs 4 defenses to break the LW defense record. He has had 1, just 3 more to go. I hope he doesn't retire before that.

With 3 more fights, he'll be 30-0 as well. But my hope is he defends the belt at least 5 times (which breaks the Strikeforce LW defense record).
Khabib doesn't care about records...he smeshed Conor and just want to close his fight deal with Tony....

The legend grows...he could take an easy rematch but wants to fight the no1 contender.

Take a stool, sit and learn about honour Conor you English speaking Irish fraud.

I don't like Khabib as a person, but he's a hell of a fighter. I definitely respect Khabib wanting to fight Tony, rather than taking an easier fight in Conor (and getting paid a lot more too).

Wrong. Fighters can say no. And there is no way the UFC would strip Khabib for preferring to fight someone who actually deserves a title fight.

Technically fighters can say no, but the UFC aren't obligated to offer him another opponent. If he keeps refusing they could strip him.

However, the UFC would be wise to have him fight Tony, since Conor getting a rematch makes zero sense. Conor lost decisively and should have to fight another contender right now.

Still agree with the overall sentiment Conor needz to fight in the division line jumped to Eddie, comes back to Khabib go f*king work the division like everybody else...

I agree that he SHOULD have to go back in line. I don't think WME cares about #1 contenders and legitimate fights, they only care about money. If they think ppl will buy Conor vs Khabib 2 over Bib vs T Ferg, then the rematch will be shoved down our throats. If Khabib don't want it, theyll say "good, fuck em" in their best Matt Serra voice, strip Khabib n have Conor vs T Ferg for title.

Im not saying this is what should happen or even what I want to happen, I just think this is what WILL happen.

The legend grows...he could take an easy rematch but wants to fight the no1 contender.

Take a stool, sit and learn about honour Conor you English speaking Irish fraud.
Legends don't grow from some clear and obvious bullshit from a fighter's relative.

If only the decision was Khabibs, he'll fight whoever the UFC tell him to fight.
I'd prefer to see him fight Tony so hopefully that's who the UFC wants too.
A second Conor fight will make a lot more money though.
I think Khabib has made it clear he can't be bought.

What blows me away is UFC not making a fight in Russia with him.

Technically fighters can say no, but the UFC aren't obligated to offer him another opponent. If he keeps refusing they could strip him.

However, the UFC would be wise to have him fight Tony, since Conor getting a rematch makes zero sense. Conor lost decisively and should have to fight another contender right now.
They can and it won't matter. Khabib seems to be someone who can just stop fighting and still be happy. Khabib is the fighter everyone want to fight to see how good they are...if it's $$$ they want...Conor is the fighter they should be asking for. That's why Tony is ok whether they give him to Khabib or Conor. He said it himself...Khabib fight would be for who's the best...but if they decide Conor...he's getting paid...

Legends don't grow from some clear and obvious bullshit from a fighter's relative.

No but they do grow from smashing the biggest name in the sport then jumping over a cage and fly kicking some big mouth.

If only the decision was Khabibs, he'll fight whoever the UFC tell him to fight.
I'd prefer to see him fight Tony so hopefully that's who the UFC wants too.
A second Conor fight will make a lot more money though.

Normally yes, but not so much with Khabib. If they try to force him, he'll either retire or break his contract and fight in Russia. He's 27 -0, champ, just beat Conor and made a shit ton of money doing it.
He's straight gangster. Dana can't leverage Khabib.

Khabib has both Conor and Dana by the balls.

I agree that he SHOULD have to go back in line. I don't think WME cares about #1 contenders and legitimate fights, they only care about money. If they think ppl will buy Conor vs Khabib 2 over Bib vs T Ferg, then the rematch will be shoved down our throats. If Khabib don't want it, theyll say "good, fuck em" in their best Matt Serra voice, strip Khabib n have Conor vs T Ferg for title.

Im not saying this is what should happen or even what I want to happen, I just think this is what WILL happen.

I really don't submerge myself into a lot of mma news there are only 3 or 4 mma newz feed I subscribe to or fight forums Sherdog being my main place to talk all things fights & sh!t but I really don't hear any real chatter about a rematch. Conor called for it but that was just Pride & Ego talking after a monster whooping I don't think he has any real heart to face Khabib anytime soon. Not even the professional mma pundits aren't blowing the horn for a rematch in fact quite the opposite.

Even the most casual of Conor fanz saw him get the brakes beaten off him it would be hard to see if he could come back and muster even 30% more fire power if anything would really change no Nate Diaz question with that fight. If Conor is the seller it shouldn't matter who he fights if people are truly flocking to see the one tool fighter...

Choking Conor confirmed.
6L0DXZ.gif

58d1adc623f0c.jpeg

Watch-Khabib-chokes-Conor-McGregor-UFC-229-1027982.jpg
Wasn't a choke ,it's a jaw crank.

His uncle is about as believable as Dana White telling the truth about something.

Does anyone actually think Khabib had a high percentage of PPV points contracted for this fight? I reckon there is a good chance that he didn't have any contracted PPV points,

I read this ^^^ far and stopped, What manager or fighter who has the belt who is fighting one of the biggest draws in mma is not going to negotiate for the highest ppv points he can against the challenger, Conor maybe the draw but Khabib is the champ just on legal wording of position Khabib has pull he's the one giving Conor the shot...

tenor.gif

Khabib doesn't care about records...he smeshed Conor and just want to close his fight deal with Tony....

If someone puts it into his head, he will definitely care. He's a man of accomplishments. That's why he wants Tony in the first place. He wants to fight GSP for the same reason.

So if someone just told him to fight 2x or 3x more to break the record. He'll want to.

One of the first guys Khabib ever called out was BJ Penn, and he's the one who holds the UFC LW defense record as well.

Back