Khabib turned down $15 million offer for Conor rematch, uncle says

"and then finish his career"?... He needs 4 defenses to break the LW defense record. He has had 1, just 3 more to go. I hope he doesn't retire before that.

With 3 more fights, he'll be 30-0 as well. But my hope is he defends the belt at least 5 times (which breaks the Strikeforce LW defense record).
This a record that by itself has no meaning.

Choking Conor confirmed.
6L0DXZ.gif

58d1adc623f0c.jpeg

Watch-Khabib-chokes-Conor-McGregor-UFC-229-1027982.jpg

To slaughter a DUCK, grab it by the neck. Otherwise it'll flee.

Alex Nurmagomedov, the Ukraine-based uncle of UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, said his nephew has a specific idea of what he wants to do next.

According to an interview published by Russian website Sport Express, Alex Nurmagomedov said Khabib was offered $15 million for an eventual rematch with Conor McGregor – but is not interested. Instead, he wants to fight former interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson to close out his career.

“From the start, they offered him 15 million if he agrees,” Alex Nurmagomedov told Sport Express (via Google Translate). “But Khabib said no. Let Conor stand in line, let him fight with others. Khabib wants to fight Ferguson, and then finish his career.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/uncle...15-million-for-conor-mcgregor-rematch-ufc-229
----------------
Good. I want to see Khabib vs Tony even though it won't do half the numbers the Conor rematch would.
As much as I want to believe this has been reported the man is not Khabib's uncle

LOL, complete BS.

Khabib wished he was offered that amount of money, he wasn't offered anything near that.

Couldn't agree ^^^ more f*king tired of the UFC trying to fast track this ass to belts he won't defend which we now see why for obvious reasonswhy he was so fearful to defend. Conor said Khabib won his belt from a real estate agent and he was still champ because Khabib never fought him for the belt. Well we can consider that fight Conor quasi 1st title defense and he got his doors blown-off. They should've gave Khabib Conor's 2 betls also for that ass whooping.

No more belt gifting to poser fighters let him fight in his division or f*k off...

Too bad this Uncle is obviously lying. He's said that Khabib was fined already, which has been proven false. No way UFC makes any offer until the suspension is sorted out, so that's 2 lies. Khabib also said he wants gsp n 30-0 before he retires. So basically everything Uncle said is a lie.

Fake news. Why would he be offered a rematch now, before this NSAC shit clears up?

Doesnt this $15mill comes from the manager having an internet fight with 50 cent?? UFC doesnt pay them that much, this isnt boxing, after PPV cut and all other stuff i can see it, purse alone i dont see it happening.

"Deserve" has nothing to do with it unfortunately. To The Baldfather and WME, money is #1. If they think more people would rather watch Khabib vs ConMan 2 than Bib vs Ferg, then Bib/ConMan 2 is what we will get.

Couldn't agree ^^^ more f*king tired of the UFC trying to fast track this ass to belts he won't defend which we now see why for obvious reasonswhy he was so fearful to defend. Conor said Khabib won his belt from a real estate agent and he was still champ because Khabib never fought him for the belt. Well we can consider that fight Conor quasi 1st title defense and he got his doors blown-off. They should've gave Khabib Conor's 2 betls also for that ass whooping.

No more belt gifting to poser fighters let him fight in his division or f*k off...
I dislike Conor as much as the next guy but he did earn that FW title shot and he put the FW GOAT down in 13 seconds. That is damn impressive and I can acknowledge that even as a hater. Conor is not and never will be FW GOAT though.

Now his refusal to defend has been immensely annoying and so is his dumbass persona, dumbass nut huggers and the McNut gargling UFC.

Hopefully they make him fight his way back up but I feel like if he doesn’t get his shot a Khabib he will probably fight Nate in the hopes that he wins and then he will either fight Khabib or T-Wood

ducking conor confirmed
No one is ducking connor. People have lined up to fight him. Connor on the other hand has denied rematches to others while demanding them when he has lost.

Honest question folks.

Does anyone actually think Khabib had a high percentage of PPV points contracted for this fight? I reckon there is a good chance that he didn't have any contracted PPV points, but I COULD be wrong. I believe Tyron Woodley has received PPV points on previous Conor cards, likewise with Cormier who has always voiced his desire to be on a Conor card for that very reason. I just wonder how much Khabib had if any. There is a precedent for Champions not being enough to grant PPV points in their contract i.e. Demetrious Johnson - I'd be intrigued to know.

Now let's say Khabib made his $2 million and had a tiny cut of PPV so actually made $6 million, that would definitely make business sense to take a $15 million offer. I don't think Khabib's uncle is saying that his disclosed purse would be $15 million, I think he's saying that the UFC may give him a backhander, flat fee $15 million and zero PPV cut - that would actually be a money saver for them.

Khabib making $15 million after PPV cut wouldn't be a crazy number. I reckon he made about $5-8 million this time around (IF HE GOT PPV).

Personally I would really like him to fight Tony and lastly GSP.

Retiring already? Khabib has beat 2 elite fighters - RDA and Conor. LW is the most stacked division with new contenders coming up all the time. Retiring smack in your prime after 1 real title defense is wack shit.

Too bad this Uncle is obviously lying. He's said that Khabib was fined already, which has been proven false. No way UFC makes any offer until the suspension is sorted out, so that's 2 lies. Khabib also said he wants gsp n 30-0 before he retires. So basically everything Uncle said is a lie.

Still agree with the overall sentiment Conor needz to fight in the division line jumped to Eddie, comes back to Khabib go f*king work the division like everybody else...

Conor can go fight the winner of Lee and AL 2, LoL

Or Gaethje

Good.

Make Conor and UFC pay him 60%(Conor 40%), the lion share.

Fuck the ufc and conor, make them pay!

If it was a real offer and not just lying media bullshit then fuck it's easy money.

His manager scoffed at 50 cent for his $2 million offer and said that he already made about $15 mil for the Conor fight. I think he's gonna want more than $15 mil for the rematch knowing Conor made well into 8 figures. Plus, as many others have said, NSAC hasn't put their 2 cents in and nobody knows how that'll end up. I say lies.

I dislike Conor as much as the next guy but he did earn that FW title shot and he put the FW GOAT down in 13 seconds. That is damn impressive and I can acknowledge that even as a hater. Conor is not and never will be FW GOAT though.

Now his refusal to defend has been immensely annoying and so is his dumbass persona, dumbass nut huggers and the McNut gargling UFC.

Hopefully they make him fight his way back up but I feel like if he doesn’t get his shot a Khabib he will probably fight Nate in the hopes that he wins and then he will either fight Khabib or T-Wood

I can only pray to God his delusional ass would fight TWood @WW but I know that will never happen, they're good fights for him @LW other than straight off the couch Nate Diaz for my fight viewing pleasure that fight can wait....

Back