Khabib speaks on GSP - video

As a lay n pray guy himself I can see how he would have a higher affinity for GSP than say a dynamic striker like AS.
How many axe kicks has AS thrown in title fights in the ufc?
How many has Goerge?

Fair enough assessment. I tend to agree, we are currently stuck with a GSP that is 37 years old, inactive, and has bum knees but it may be a testament to how good he really is. Even in his less than prime state he is better than most if not all the 155'ers and 170 pounders. I think Khabib can win but some obstacles would be GSP's reach which I think is something like 76", his complex jab game, Georges uses about 6 different kinds of jabs, and his fight I.Q. which may be the highest I've ever seen.

In summation, yes Khabib can win, but if he does GSP will likely make it the hardest fight of Khabib's life. If I had to bet money I guess I would put it on Georges.
With George’s surgeries I think he’s going back to more of a striking based game, which imo he is more dangerous with. Watch his old fights before he became the rassler.

He ran some striking clinic on fools. He uses his wrestling to keep from getting takendown and brings true dynamic striking like Khabib Has never seen before.

The Hughes 2 striking clinic was glorious.
Herion
Kicking miller in the face with miller trying to get up etc

Hughes was strong as an ox(took on Lesnar when he came over to Miletich to train) and represented the pinnacle of wrestling based MMA for the pre-TUF boom of MMA at 170. Khabib is a huge 155 and would fill in nicely at 170 and I'd love to see in a hypothetical match on how those two match up because Khabib is such a high level wrestler.
Hughes was a monster and finished people way more often and much more brutally than Khabibs normal gnp to decision.

Prime Hughes beats Khabib behind the barn and eats a country breakfast.

Accused lol means nothing. He's still way bigger then GSP will ever be

Sigh. Khabib wasn't saying they're on the same level of celebrity. He was saying that have a similar standing of greatness in their respective sports

The people saying GSP would kill Khabib are nuts. I think Khabib wins that fight with superior cardio. People way overrate GSP's technical wrestling/grappling. He's a great takedown artist.
Superior cardio? Never go full retard.

Hughes was strong as an ox(took on Lesnar when he came over to Miletich to train) and represented the pinnacle of wrestling based MMA for the pre-TUF boom of MMA at 170. Khabib is a huge 155 and would fill in nicely at 170 and I'd love to see in a hypothetical match on how those two match up because Khabib is such a high level wrestler.

True, but I kinda feel like his greatness was in perspective with his time.

But hell, even today it'd make a great payday for Matt which would be entertaining for us! So maybe you are right. Could Matt do it? I've not kept up with his health after the crash.

It's true

Conor and GSP are the same size as well

GSP is slightly taller and definitely bigger in the body.

But I've BEEN saying on these forums trying to correct newbs.....Khabib N is about the same size as GSP!

They both weigh in the 180s....

I'd love to see him fight GSP but I'm not sure he should give him the fight at 165(and I'd 100% be rooting for GSP). GSP is definitely not in his prime so it should make for a great fight.

185 out of camp isn't that bad for LW. In camp he gets waaaay lighter. He's about RDA's size. 165 would be perfect for him but I would love to see him go up to WW for a bit

It's true

Conor and GSP are the same size as well

they really aren't
Conor walks at 170
One example is that his nutritionist coach said he was around 170 before he started fight camp on the joe rogan podcast and im pretty sure he said he ate like alot to make 170 i think for the Diaz fights

So where are all the delusional haters claiming that Khabib walks at 200?
<Oku02>

They're on the same weight?

Then Khabib shoud go up to welterweight and challenge Woodley.

Imagine how hard Woodley would punish Khabib haha.
Seems he meant height.. GSP larger overall than Khabib, and Khabib would go up in weight..

they really aren't
Conor walks at 170
One example is that his nutritionist coach said he was around 170 before he started fight camp on the joe rogan podcast and im pretty sure he said he ate like alot to make 170 i think for the Diaz fights
This is classic Sherdog, people don’t understand the implications of height / weight / size / reach

This is classic Sherdog, people don’t understand the implications of height / weight / size / reach
Size is based on weight and Conor is lighter
As well he has a short reach and height
Are u saying that are the same size??

Something else to bring into consideration is that not only is GSP on the decline, but Khabib is still showing improvements each fight. With each day that passes, the odds tip more in Khabib's Favor.

That said, I love both guys and I think GSP has the better skillset right now, but I think it's closer than people think.

Good points, would love to see this fight. Tony can wait lol, not like that fight will materialize in the octagon. Fuck you dana

Size is based on weight and Conor is lighter
As well he has a short reach and height
Are u saying that are the same size??

Size is based on weight? I am 5"6 inches and 230 pounds. I guess I would fight at HW since the middle weights are too small for me considering you logics. WTF would puny guys like Silva, Rockhold, Costa, Romero and other MW's have to offer me. I would have a huge size advantage. I would feel ashamed fighting puny guys like them Bring on the hulk probably he my size.......

Yup size based on weight...Fact is only 2 years ago I was 155 pounds and gained a ton since. I could lose it again but it will be hard. So youre wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A guy my size is roy nelson fat and thats cause I am shorter. Get your facts straight

The people saying GSP would kill Khabib are nuts. I think Khabib wins that fight with superior cardio. People way overrate GSP's technical wrestling/grappling. He's a great takedown artist.

I dunno, in my my opinion if you look at GSP's resume you have Sean Sherk/Matt Hughes/Kos/Fitch/Shields.

I don't see what Khabib brings that GSP has yet to face, i mean Shields who has a similar skill set as Khabib has beaten Hendo, Okami, Lawler, Maia, TWoods.

While Khabib fights small 155'ers like Edson, Conor, and MJ.

Shields resume and accomplishments, not only in MMA but also in yje world of grappling far outweighs Khabibs.

And GSP beat him with 1 eye.

GSP vs. Khabib announced right now would be the biggest UFC fight ever.

smiling-rich-pig-head-with-dollar-eyes-illustration-id496612909

Back