Khabib speaks on GSP - video

Because they aren't aware of his mental breakdown after UFC 229. He's been trolling pretty hard lately... on par with PROLogic.

Lol, ok

You mad cos you didn't get to see the video huh? You just mad at life huh?

I'm gonna tap that ignore button on your profile

Khabib knows whats up unlike sherdoggers who like to shit on the goat .

#GOATSTPIERREBLESS

As a lay n pray guy himself I can see how he would have a higher affinity for GSP than say a dynamic striker like AS.

Tony first, then GSP at 170. I hope it's a tougher night for Georges than some are expecting.
Khabib seems to know how tough it will be for him.

Kahib would do well to have it look like the Koscheck fight.

Call me crazy but I think it looks more like GSP Herion or Hughes 2

If I had a timemachine I'd be more fascinated to see Khabib vs Prime Hughes at 170lbs

I'm not a fan of the idea of Georges vs Kabob. Tony deserves a shot but the fight needs to happen next if it's going to. Can't take the chance of Tony ruining it by becoming champ .
Kabibs stock is si high now and I imagine a Tony fight isn't interesting to Georges at all.

You don't wanna see it at 155?
After Tony I think Khabib will have proven what he needs to (for now at least) at LW. He and GSP are similarly sized and I want to see him against the best Georges possible. There’s no shame in either man losing that fight at 170. Khabib’s father has talked repeatedly about moving to WW in the future, and if he’s going to do it GSP is perhaps a bigger fight than Woodley.
Or, I can’t think of a better inaugural 165 belt fight than Khabib versus GSP. Khabib wouldn’t have to risk his belt, and Georges would have his chance for a third (unless 165 becomes the new WW? I have no idea how that works, would 175 be welterweight?)
If I thought Khabib was going to fight for many more years, I would want him to defend his belt a few more times before moving up. But I wouldn’t Be surprised if he retires young, and Georges isn’t getting any younger.
For the record, I realize GSP is more likely to win. I just hope Khabib does, or makes it a super close battle. Would love to see them fight on the ground, one way or another. Probably the only fight I would root against GSP.

You think GSP would mop the floor with him?

I would bet money on a 49-46 if its the same old GSP we have always known but it might not be. You are talking knee surgeries on both knees, only fought 1 time in the last 5 years, and he's 37 years old, however, he is the GOAT from a weight class up and maybe the all time GOAT. It wouldn't surprise me to see GSP beat Khabib at his own game just to prove one last time who he is.

The people saying GSP would kill Khabib are nuts. I think Khabib wins that fight with superior cardio.

Bruh, nobody has "out-cardio'ed" Georges St. Pierre ever. He can go 25 minutes in his sleep.

No, but jab His face off

Or maybe khabib will confuse him with the hypnotic Muhammad ali jab

wmGPRX.gif

Conor stuffed a Khabib takedown. GSP would stuff all of them and jab away. GSP vs Khabib is the Koscheck fight all over again.

If you want to beat GSP, first things first, you need to at least be a WW. Next, you need to be well rounded, both striking and grappling. If not, GSP who is one of the most well rounded fighters in the sport will exploit your weakness.

Diaz stuffed takedowns from a younger GSP. Khabib would stuff all of old man, post multiple knee surgeries, GSP's takedowns, and then Khabib would jab his face off or smother him on the cage.

See, both of us can play this game.

I would bet money on a 49-46 if its the same old GSP we have always known but it might not be. You are talking knee surgeries on both knees, only fought 1 time in the last 5 years, and he's 37 years old, however, he is the GOAT from a weight class up and maybe the all time GOAT. It wouldn't surprise me to see GSP beat Khabib at his own game just to prove one last time who he is.

Something else to bring into consideration is that not only is GSP on the decline, but Khabib is still showing improvements each fight. With each day that passes, the odds tip more in Khabib's Favor.

That said, I love both guys and I think GSP has the better skillset right now, but I think it's closer than people think.

Something else to bring into consideration is that not only is GSP on the decline, but Khabib is still showing improvements each fight. With each day that passes, the odds tip more in Khabib's Favor.

That said, I love both guys and I think GSP has the better skillset right now, but I think it's closer than people think.

Fair enough assessment. I tend to agree, we are currently stuck with a GSP that is 37 years old, inactive, and has bum knees but it may be a testament to how good he really is. Even in his less than prime state he is better than most if not all the 155'ers and 170 pounders. I think Khabib can win but some obstacles would be GSP's reach which I think is something like 76", his complex jab game, Georges uses about 6 different kinds of jabs, and his fight I.Q. which may be the highest I've ever seen.

In summation, yes Khabib can win, but if he does GSP will likely make it the hardest fight of Khabib's life. If I had to bet money I guess I would put it on Georges.

???

Why so

Hughes was strong as an ox(took on Lesnar when he came over to Miletich to train) and represented the pinnacle of wrestling based MMA for the pre-TUF boom of MMA at 170. Khabib is a huge 155 and would fill in nicely at 170 and I'd love to see in a hypothetical match on how those two match up because Khabib is such a high level wrestler.

Its been a long time since the Goat made a fighter look completely lost using next to nothing more than his jab. Cant say id be against seeing it again, its comical how easily GSP used to win fights.

Back