Khabib responds to Coach Kavanagh's religion joke with a warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever you're done speaking in tongues and want to have a real conversation, let me know.

Otherwise, good luck with your Cannibalistic, Vampiristic, Homicidal, Genocidal and Infanticidal beliefs.

Objectivity is a virtue, not a vice. Don't be scared homie.

whatsgoingon.gif

No, I can assure you he's an adult, but before he got his name @Big_Chief_Stove his name was "Runs Into Walls".
So your god is cool with Racial prejudice too?

Makes sense that you would be so cavalier in regards to Native Americans. Other Christians had no problem dehumanizing them, by referring to them and their ways as "Savage". Millions of Native Americans were killed by Christians because of that mindset you sport. How Christian of you!

"Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Creepy things creeping on the earth=Native Americans according to past and modern day Christians.

"Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"=Mandatory boarding schools where Native children were forcibly taken away from their families in order to be assimilated into "Good" white/christian/english speaking Americans.

Your ignorance of history is truly astounding. Truly.

So, the man the entire muslim faith is based upon was an admitted pedophile. Also, how about the satanic verses?

He was also a slave owner and slave trader. Gave women and children as gifts to the future Islamic caliphs. Was also prone to killing you if you said negative things about him. He was the equivalent of Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi on steroids.

Muslim apologists contend that the term 'pedophile' doesn't apply since this sort of relationship was commonplace during his lifetime. I find it hard to believe that the average middle age man in the 7th century was marrying six year old's, but just for the sake of argument, let's say that's true. If you're going to justify his behavior by arguing cultural relativism and historical context, then why does anyone demonize American slave owners? That was the norm for them.

Last edited:
What a glorious, confused, mess of a thread.

This thread has gone way off onto its own strange, magical journey.

UStvIq.gif

So your god is cool with Racial prejudice too?

Makes sense that you would be so cavalier in regards to Native Americans. Other Christians had no problem dehumanizing them, by referring to them and their ways as "Savage". Millions of Native Americans were killed by Christians because of that mindset you sport. How Christian of you!

"Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

Creepy things creeping on the earth=Native Americans according to past and modern day Christians.

"Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"=Mandatory boarding schools where Native children were forcibly taken away from their families in order to be assimilated into "Good" white/christian/english speaking Americans.

Your ignorance of history is truly astounding. Truly.
CQaF3tXU8AAi0BB

You would deserve an ass beating because you would be being an asshole and disrespectful to another man.
Don't be a disrespectful little prick and run into the wrong motherfucker and expect mercy.
it doesn't mean you're not right in your opinions.
All imo.

Yep, agreed. Take preventative measures to avoid an ass beating. If you say something, knowing that it might offend some crazies then you might be putting yourself in harms way. There are crazies out there who will take offense and do crazy shit so try to prevent it where you can. It's like locking your house to stop thieves, taking self defense if you're a chick to avoid rapists etc. Don't say dumb shit to crazy people who you know will likely take offense to something.

An ass beating however is very different than someone slowly cutting your fucking head off with a blunt knife and that moron suggesting you deserve it. An ass beating because of some small, arguably inoffensive comment, is to be expected in some instances if you put yourself in the firing line. It's not right, but it might happen and you could have prevented it. You say shit against something some crazy zealot believes then expect craziness in response.

That's a very, very different thing than condoning horrific murder and saying you deserve it for simply saying a largely inoffensive 'joke'. Does that guy think he's justified in killing someone who says something banal against atheism just because he might find it a little silly or offensive? What a dick.

You would deserve an ass beating because you would be being an asshole and disrespectful to another man.
Don't be a disrespectful little prick and run into the wrong motherfucker and expect mercy.

it doesn't mean you're not right in your opinions.
All imo.

Meathead mentality at its finest.

Again you refuse to articulate your own opinion even after you request specific examples from me...................................

I wouldn't say i'm an atheist, I also know I didn't say it in any of our exchanges. I'm just not a Christian, dummy.

Read a book other than the bible, get to know some damn history.

You must be God's favorite little inarticulate troll.

When two homeless people are screaming on the street about whose sandwich ate the president.... you don't worry about "insight".
Thanks or following the thread long enough to know what we're talking about...wait, you didn't.....taking my thanks back, dummy.

Thanks or following the thread long enough to know what we're talking about...wait, you didn't.....taking my thanks back, dummy.
Oh I read plenty of it. You're an aggressive little monkey and I've enjoyed laughing at you.

Oh I read plenty of it. You're an aggressive little monkey and I've enjoyed laughing at you.
Any specifics you'd like to refute?

I was asked to provide specifics by @Jesus Freak, So I gave specifics. He returned with nothing but name calling and fluff. Are you any different? So far it doesn't seem like it.

you sure? I took a World Religion course and we covered Islam. Never found that part. Not saying it wasn't there but if it was, we never covered it.

Such claims are taken from a partial quote of Sura 9, Verse 5 ...

Which, as always, requires some context...

Sura 9 addressed the circumstances for defending the minority Muslim community which was under attack from the Arab tribes seeking their destruction despite a previous agreement for peace and sharing pilgrimage rights. It requires the muslims to strike/kill the polytheist Arab tribes until the aggression/genocide against them stopped, and explained under which conditions a specific peace treaty had to be adhered to, and ultimately dissolved the conditions of the treaty at its term's end. These specific circumstance verses occur often in the Quran.

For context see the surrounding verses, including full text of verse 5:
9:1
[This is a declaration of] disassociation, from Allah and His Messenger, to those with whom you had made a treaty among the polytheists.
9:2
So travel freely, [O disbelievers] throughout the land [during] four months but know that you cannot cause failure to Allah and that Allah will disgrace the disbelievers.
9:3
And [it is] an announcement from Allah and His Messenger to the people on the day of the greater pilgrimage that Allah is disassociated from the disbelievers, and [so is] His Messenger. So if you repent, that is best for you; but if you turn away – then know that you will not cause failure to Allah. And give tidings to those who disbelieve of a painful punishment.
9:4
Excepted are those with whom you made a treaty among the polytheists and then they have not been deficient toward you in anything or supported anyone against you; so complete for them their treaty until their term [has ended]. Indeed, Allah loves the righteous [who fear Him].
9:5
And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
9:6
And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection, then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of Allah. Then deliver him to his place of safety. That is because they are a people who do not know.

Although the Quran is very hostile in rhetoric towards 'the non-believers' (polytheists and atheists: damning to the hell fire, eternal punishment in the afterlife, etc.), it forbids being the aggressor and compulsion of religion. But it does require self-defense and defense of fellow muslims under attack.

So... no, the Quran, taken in its context and in its totality, does not instruct its followers to go out and kill all unbelievers. Actually, it forbids such an act.

However, by not including the context of Sura 9:5, not quoting the verse in its totality, and not considering other verses which clarify the rules of war, it can be made to seem so.

Last edited:
Such claims are taken from a partial quote of Sura 9, Verse 5 ...

Which, as always, requires some context...

Sura 9 addressed the circumstances for defending the Muslim community which was under attack from the Arab tribes seeking their destruction, despite a previous agreement for peace and sharing pilgrimage rights. It explained under which conditions a specific peace treaty had to be adhered to. These specific circumstance verses occur often in the Quran.

For context see the surrounding verses, including full text of verse 5:
9:1
[This is a declaration of] disassociation, from Allah and His Messenger, to those with whom you had made a treaty among the polytheists.
9:2
So travel freely, [O disbelievers], throughout the land [during] four months but know that you cannot cause failure to Allah and that Allah will disgrace the disbelievers.
9:3
And [it is] an announcement from Allah and His Messenger to the people on the day of the greater pilgrimage that Allah is disassociated from the disbelievers, and [so is] His Messenger. So if you repent, that is best for you; but if you turn away – then know that you will not cause failure to Allah . And give tidings to those who disbelieve of a painful punishment.
9:4
Excepted are those with whom you made a treaty among the polytheists and then they have not been deficient toward you in anything or supported anyone against you; so complete for them their treaty until their term [has ended]. Indeed, Allah loves the righteous [who fear Him].
9:5
And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful.
9:6
And if any one of the polytheists seeks your protection,then grant him protection so that he may hear the words of Allah. Then deliver him to his place of safety. That is because they are a people who do not know.

Although the Quran is very hostile in rhetoric towards 'the non-believers' (polytheists and atheists: damning to the hell fire, eternal punishment in the afterlife, etc.), it forbids being the aggressor and compulsion of religion. But it does require self-defense and defense of fellow muslims under attack.

So... no, the Quran, taken in its context and in its totality, does not instruct its followers to go out and kill all unbelievers. Actually, it forbids such an act.

However, by not including the context of Sura 9:5, not quoting the verse in its totality, and not considering other verses which clarify the rules of war, it can be made to seem so.

This is one of the best responses I've got on here in all my years. Thanks for the effort. I truly appreciate it.

Oh, another religion debate. "You should thing what I think!" "No, You should think what I think!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back