Khabib requested to fight Tony,where is Conor ?

legedema

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Dana said Conor wants to fight Khabib after Floyd ( by the way never heard anything from Conor side,just Dana )
if that would be true Khabib would jump on it and would not ask to fight Tony

it seems Dana is talking shit as usual

Or the UFC is waiting for May/ Mac to happen before they attempt to book another fight for him.

That is far more logical than your conclusion.

Don't disrespect Dana like that or you might get a late night visit.

H4H5PBQqBlj9hTVip2B7OiMrsjc=.gif

If Conor does well against Floyd, he'll go for GGG or Pacquiao next. Who wants to spend hours & hours wrestling practice if you can just train boxing & get more money at the same time.

If Conor does well against Floyd, he'll go for GGG or Pacquiao next. Who wants to spend hours & hours wrestling practice if you can just train boxing & get more money at the same time.
100% this. As long as he shows something exciting or just generally performs well in this fight, he will get plenty of offers to ride the boxing wave at least a little further. Plenty of other big names to make boxing fights with whilst public interest is high.

It's entirely possible he stays in boxing for the rest of his career, even.

Interesting question.

Pros going to MMA: not as much head trauma, Conor's passion, "troo fight in'', more exciting to him, possible stake in the UFC, horrible style match ups in boxing (Canelo GGG).

Cons : Not as much money likely, nothing top Floyd, has to train harder

I think when looking at the psychology of Conor that he always likes doing bigger and better....so, what is bigger and better since last time? With a lot of fighters, I think they ducking/cherry pick but Conor is not afraid like other fighters, in fact, his self belief is borderline psychotic, so him taking/not taking certain matchups has nothing to do with that. After Floyd, the only thing bigger would be a rematch or starting his own promo, where h can make boxing money. He won't go back to the UFC unless they offer him some serious shares or something close to 9 figures every fight.

100% this. As long as he shows something exciting or just generally performs well in this fight, he will get plenty of offers to ride the boxing wave at least a little further. Plenty of other big names to make boxing fights with whilst public interest is high.

It's entirely possible he stays in boxing for the rest of his career, even.

Nah if he does moderately well than GGG will have to go to MMA for the red panty night. Conor isn't going to be sacrificing a cage for a ring for anybody other than Mayweather, and even that I only see him doing that once

Nah if he does moderately well than GGG will have to go to MMA for the red panty night. Conor isn't going to be sacrificing a cage for a ring for anybody other than Mayweather, and even that I only see him doing that once
I'm not so sure. I think there will be boxing promoters lining up at his door if this event goes well... you can define 'well' however you want. Sure, floyd is the golden goose, but there will be exhibition opportunities in boxing that will be way, way more lucrative than a MMA title fight. Conor doesn't want to win this maymac bout necessarily, he wants to do something exciting to build his brand. His first loss with Diaz proved you don't need the W to do this.

Because Conor will probably retire after this. Mma won't pay him enough to come back, and he can't just box because he's under contract with the ufc. His only real option will be to retire...either that or he'll revolutionize fighter pay in mma. He won't come back unless he gets what he wants.

Dana said Conor wants to fight Khabib after Floyd ( by the way never heard anything from Conor side,just Dana )
if that would be true Khabib would jump on it and would not ask to fight Tony

it seems Dana is talking shit as usual
What are you talking about? They asked McGregor and Kavanagh about Khabib a lot during the Maymac world tour where McGregor and Kavanagh both confirmed it.

Basic gist of it, McGregor said that he would like Khabib in Russia because "it would be like Rocky 4 or some shit", but "it's just one of many options". He wanted it because he's obsessed with the Forbes list, and Khabib in Russia + Maymac would put him at number 1 before the end of the year. But he also said that he recently found out that Forbes doesn't update their lists at the end of the year like he thought, so Khabib in Russia isn't as much of a urgency for him like it was before. But he still considers it the biggest fight PPV wise.

Khabib wants to pretend like he doesn't care about the Conor fight, because "I got money". But if he fights Fergusson first and beats him, Khabib vs Conor would be even bigger.

What are you talking about? They asked McGregor and Kavanagh about Khabib a lot during the Maymac world tour where McGregor and Kavanagh both confirmed it.

Basic gist of it, McGregor said that he would like Khabib in Russia because "it would be like Rocky 4 or some shit", but "it's just one of many options". He wanted it because he's obsessed with the Forbes list, and Khabib in Russia + Maymac would put him at number 1 before the end of the year. But he also said that he recently found out that Forbes doesn't update their lists at the end of the year like he thought, so Khabib in Russia isn't as much of a urgency for him like it was before. But he still considers it the biggest fight PPV wise.

Khabib wants to pretend like he doesn't care about the Conor fight, because "I got money". But if he fights Fergusson first and beats him, Khabib vs Conor would be even bigger.

didnt watched or heard anything from Conor side.
by bad , if it is as you mentioned.
please let us have some links about vid.

but there are still some points not clear.
Dana said he wants to do it this year and I dont see it happening if they book Khabib vs Tony for 216 or 217

imo,this is just hype work to let the people think Conor will come back to UFC

I'm not so sure. I think there will be boxing promoters lining up at his door if this event goes well... you can define 'well' however you want. Sure, floyd is the golden goose, but there will be exhibition opportunities in boxing that will be way, way more lucrative than a MMA title fight. Conor doesn't want to win this maymac bout necessarily, he wants to do something exciting to build his brand. His first loss with Diaz proved you don't need the W to do this.

Fact is after Mayweather, Conor will have garnered more fans than any prize fighter in history. majority of viewers will be casuals obviously.

So my point was if Conor does fairly well, than there is no point to continue to box, Mayweather is the only fighter who will garner 9 figure pay check, GGG won't bring in any more PPV buys than Khabib.

Boxers will now have to cross over if they ever want that kind of pay day. Conor will be sporting that kind of pay day every fight from now on most probably.

The guy knows how to attract casuals.

Back