Khabib ready for Lee, Dustin, Conor and the rest of the Lightweight division

Miss the days where people were down to fight anyone and everyone.
Less about money, more about Legacy.

Hope Khabib sticks to his word and fights anyone the UFC wants him to.

Not everybody is in the same financial situation as Khabib. His friends and family run a republic. Other fighters are coming from welfare food-stamps, jail, drug addiction and broken homes. For the beatings they are willing to accept, they better be smart enough to get as much financial compensation ad they possibly can get.

Do you care about the fighters as human beings or not? How are they going to earn money from 40 years-old and the next 40 years of their lives, if their brains are all mushed up and they were never adequately compensated for the damage?

When they leave the Octagon, these fighters still have the real world to face. This is not a video game. It is life, and the universe has no mercy.

That would be awesome if he didn't immediately call out GSP after getting the belt.

He's saying that NOW that GSP politely declined.

He was asked about his dream match up and he went on to say what his dream match up was citing how he thought GSP was the best athlete to ever compete in the UFC/the goat - basically an idol for him. I really don't get how people don't understand this. Khabib also immediately said that it wouldn't make sense for GSP to take the fight because he already accomplished more than enough to cement him as the GOAT according to Khabib. It wasn't a case of Khabib zeroing on that fight and demanding it.

cept he ducked Ferg as soon as he won the title. And he retired till december.

You mean the guy that tripped over a wire and is out for a considerable time? The guy that he agreed to fight on 4 different occasions? Yeah, that totally sounds like ducking <{cruzshake}>

That would be awesome if he didn't immediately call out GSP after getting the belt.

GSP is his idol who just came out of retirement and might go back after 1-2 fights. he had to let everyone know he wants the fight so the promotional gears can move.

also, he didn't want to call out Conor because he's now the champ and a champ doesn't call non-champs out.

you do realize he said that knowing that the fight would most likely never materialize right? He's not doing it for the money either, if you listened to the interviews of him right after the event, he says that GSP is the best to ever step foot in the octagon and he wants to face him to challenge himself. To beat the best.

He wasn't ducking any LWs because he called out GSP, they asked who he'd like to fight. If you're building a legacy to be called the best ever, isn't the easiest way to do it by just beating the guy considered the best ever?

Logic bomb

Meh. He would be an idiot not to throw his name out there in that situation. Pretty sad when he has to call out the money fighter in a weight class higher because the money fight in his division is a duck.

He put it out there and will likely defend against who ever. The only people who cry about him calling out GSP are Clowner Mcnugget cucks.

Damn, I forgot about the whole Ramadan thing...

Pretty obvious that Khabib will fight in Madison Square Garden in November. He talked about that multiple times. A 7 month break isn't that bad, means he would have fought 3 times in 11 months. Still sucks to have to wait so long for arguably the most interesting title defense of the year (assuming he gets a good opponent).

Khabib bless

On the wagon since the start, this kinda attitude is why. 5 more wins without loss and he is GOAT IMO

Why 7 months ? WTF I know Khalabib did not choose any of the gong or opponent but 7 months to fight after beating a real estate agent .
Wants to spend some time with his newborn

That’s still 3 fights within a 12 month period, I can live with that level of activity.
Right?
There's nothing inactive about Khabib. Has a newborn + Ramadan.
Motherfuckers around here are about that bad math & instant gratification life.
(And half are just Conor fanboys looking to deflect).

So easy. Number 1 contender fight between two of lee/porier/alvarez in July or August. Winner gets khabib in November.

I'm fine with him taking till Nov, it's typical of ufc champions I can't remember the last one who had 3 fights in a year? But what the ufc needs to get done is sign his opponent ASAP so that other fights can get made.

So Pumped for this division and the up coming fights... But can we get a champion that will defend several times a year. That is all I ask. Lot of contenders... lets keep the ball rolling.

Even with a fight in November or December Khabib would have had fought three times in the span of a year. I think it's bullshit that he's going to wait so long to fight again, but that's how negotiations go, Khabib says November, UFC says around August, and the fight takes place around September/October. Best case scenario.
wtf? negotiation for fight date

Why are people giving him shit over this? 98% of fighters and especially champions only fight twice a year, sometimes three on occasion. But that's the standard. Has been for a long time.

That said, I hope and expect Khabib to defend the belt as early as September.
cuz he got belt by beating no11 realtor

cuz he got belt by beating no11 realtor

Not his fault. Conor didn't want to come back till later in the year and Tony got injured. Max took the fight on short notice but the NSAC said he wouldn't have been able to make weight on time and pulled him.

Back