Khabib: Poirier is a worthy title fighter, but I've got no respect for him. I will break Conor.

A couple of hours ago Khabib had a big 1 hour long Q&A session with press and students of his former University (yes Khabib went to university :)).

When asked about who he is fighting next he said (around 27th minute):

There is no opponent at the moment, but there are negotiations about a possible fight at the end of the year. For me it makes no difference to be honest. I will fight whoever they give me. As long as I am healthy and have a desire to fight I will be defending my title.

There are negotiations about a fight with McGregor, but I don't want the negotiations to draw out and take to long.If I won't be able to come to an agreement with Conor to fight by the end of this year I would like to fight Poirier or another fighter.

(Some people in the crowd say he's not good enough)

Not good enough for a UFC title fight you say? I don't agree with that. He's fought 20 fights in the UFC. He is a worthy fighter, but I sure don't have any respect for Dustin.

If I fight Conor, you won't see a fight like with Barboza or Iaquinta. With Conor I'll wrestle, take him down and break him.

Anyone know why Khabib would say this about Poirier? Has he been trash talking?

If you want me to translate more, tell me about it in the comments.

Did he elaborate on why he doesn’t respect Porier?

Khabib would maul Conor while trash talking

iN0vkIG.gif

Last edited:
No excuse for him not being active. I thought he wanted to be the anti-Conor.. Defend as much as possible. You can easily fight this summer. Easily. January or December. That’s ridiculous.
He said he wants November. He shouldnt be in a rush cause Tonys injured anyway.

At least he admits he would be too scared to stand with Conor ;)

What was he supposed to do? Decline the championship fight that the UFC offered him?

You are delusional. Tony pulled out. Holloway pulled out. Conor didn't take the fight.
So Khabib should've said fuck it, I'm not gonna fight anybody? I'm not gonna save the card?
Is that preferable for you?
I'm not taking sides on this cause I don't care....

... but Khabib said he was not going to fight unless it was for the title... so the UFC had to make it a title fight no matter who stepped up. If 16th ranked Felder would've stepped up... it would've been for the title.

Y'all argue it from there... but my personal point of view is that he's not completely the champ. Maybe like a half champ or something.

What was he supposed to do? Decline the championship fight that the UFC offered him?

You are delusional. Tony pulled out. Holloway pulled out. Conor didn't take the fight.
So Khabib should've said fuck it, I'm not gonna fight anybody? I'm not gonna save the card?
Is that preferable for you?

Ha ha let's see what this bedbug says about that.

"Possible fight by the end of the year"....it's fuckin April. Khabib with a belt is gonna fight even less than Khabib without a belt.
Ramadan ends mid June or so & then he needs 3 months after that for camp... so Sept. is the earliest he will fight.

This is a yearly thing. so basically mid May - mid June & then 3 months after that... but from Sept. to April Khabib seems willing to fight as much as possible. That's 8 months out of the year.

We'll see how it works out.

i wanna see nate vs khabib since no one else can beat him

A couple of hours ago Khabib had a big 1 hour long Q&A session with press and students of his former University (yes Khabib went to university :)).

When asked about who he is fighting next he said (around 27th minute):

There is no opponent at the moment, but there are negotiations about a possible fight at the end of the year. For me it makes no difference to be honest. I will fight whoever they give me. As long as I am healthy and have a desire to fight I will be defending my title.

There are negotiations about a fight with McGregor, but I don't want the negotiations to draw out and take to long.If I won't be able to come to an agreement with Conor to fight by the end of this year I would like to fight Poirier or another fighter.

(Some people in the crowd say he's not good enough)

Not good enough for a UFC title fight you say? I don't agree with that. He's fought 20 fights in the UFC. He is a worthy fighter, but I sure don't have any respect for Dustin.

If I fight Conor, you won't see a fight like with Barboza or Iaquinta. With Conor I'll wrestle, take him down and break him.

Anyone know why Khabib would say this about Poirier? Has he been trash talking?

If you want me to translate more, tell me about it in the comments.

Maybe because of Poirer getting wrecked by Conner, wbo he sees as an inferior fighter.

I bet he goes to the hospital trying to make weight.

I can't really see conor ever stepping foot in the octagon with Khabib.

Not only would he lose, but it would be a humiliating loss.

He fought Floyd Mayweather ffs. He's not scared of losing, he'll fight whoever will sell the most PPVs.

Back