Khabib on the Tony vs Lee fight: "Tony won because Kevin Lee fought like chicken"

aside from that triangle...lee was pretty much dominating tony...I thought he was...almost stopping him.
1st round yeah but he wasn't really all that close to finishing him. He was stil eating elbows on bottom and wasting a lot of energy. Then after round 1 he really didn't accomplish much. He tried his ass off tho

Shut the fuck up Tiramisu. At least he fucking fought.

I'm sure the staph infection he had, played a huge role...that has to be taken into consideration.
It most likely had some sort of effect. Rockhold beat the breaks off of Weidman when he had staph though, so it's hard to tell how much of an effect it has. I'm sure every person is different when it comes to that.

Wanna see Khabib smash Tony in December then do the same to Conor in the Summer.

Team Khabib.

Oh sure but his with that gameplan he was bound to lose imo. The weight cut and staff just sped up the process. Lee said it himself, he wasn't ready for Tony's bottom game.
No one can keep Tony's pace. In mexico city 10000 feet he went 100% all 5 and looked like he could do 5 more. Thats how he beats guys just makes them wilt usually by rd 2 they are gassed after he loses rd 1 forcing them to react non-stop pressure. Anyway was just a matter of time before Kevin wilted.

I 'd favor Khabib over any LW to dominate Ferg but not in a 5 rder. wouldnt be able to hold him 5 rounds so fight probably goes to cards. 50/50 IMO.

Tony only does 5 rd fight from now on so he's even more deadly than before.

Last edited:
aside from that triangle...lee was pretty much dominating tony...I thought he was...almost stopping him.
Dominating? He lost the 2nd. Rd clearly. All the judges had it 1-1 going into the 3rd. Lee's biggest moment of the fight was the mount, but if he watch the replay, very few of the shots actually landed, and Ferguson was actually laughing as the bell rang, which is what probably caused Lee to get so angry. And there was more than the triangle. Ferguson's elbows from the bottom were what officially broke Lee I think. He talked about them in his post fight interview, and kept talking about them backstage after the fight. Good showing by Kevin, but he was prey the entire fight.

Last edited:
No one can keep Tony's pace. In mexico city 10000 feet he went 100% all 5 and looked like he could do 5 more. Thats how he beats guys just makes them wilt usually by rd 2 they are gassed after he loses rd 1 forcing them to react non-stop pressure. Anyway was just a matter of time before Kevin wilted.

I 'd favor Khabib over any LW to dominate Ferg but not in a 5 rder. wouldnt be able to hold him 5 rounds so fight probably goes to cards. 50/50 IMO.

Tony only does 5 rd fight from now on so he's even more deadly than before.
Agreed for the most part. We've never seen khabib in a 5 rounder before so we don't know if he's a monster like Tony. He's never faded in a 3 rounder so I'd say he has at least 4 rounds in him.

r
Dominating? He lost the 2nd. Rd clearly. All the judges had it 1-1 going into the 3rd. Lee's biggest moment of the fight was the mount, but if he watch the replay, very few of the shots actually landed, and Ferguson was actually laughing as the bell rang, which is what probably caused Lee to get so angry. And there was more than the triangle. Ferguson's elbows from the bottom were what officially broke Lee I think. He talked about them in his post fight interview, and kept talking about them backstage after the fight. Good showing by Kevin, but he was prey the entire fight.
This Ferg didnt have a scratch on him. Meanwhile getting that mount and wasting energy trying to hit Ferg was beginning of the end for a muscle bound fighter like Kevin. Kinda like Trujillo fight.

Does anyone else find Ariels ass kissing of Khabib cringe worthy? I think even Khabib does.
he does it with most people he invites, just a good business strategy

Do you think Khabib is being a bit unfair with Kevin? He did put on a great performance

"Naw iz timi to warr
I cant talke two muche,
No... I cant talke...

Ryan Gracie iz chiken...
Evrybodi knowz I beat him in 15 sec.
He iz chiken..."

Wallid (2).gif

Back