Khabib Nurmagomedov: ‘I am the Floyd Mayweather in MMA’

Khabib is nothing like Floyd

If you are a boxing fan you should be appalled that Khabib is even trying to compare himself to Floyd

Floyd grew up privileged into a boxing family and was taught boxing from the age of 3, being groomed from the start into a privileged born boxer

Floyd grew up spoiled by his rich boxing family(dad and uncles) and had a relatively good easy life with his grandma were all he had to do was focus on becoming the best boxer he could possibly be while having the best training possible from his boxing family

Meanwhile Khabib came from a shithole country, was dirtpoor, only ever fought to make a living, and already has plans to retire at age 30

Floyd is a master of boxing, while Khabib is NOT a master of anything

Khabib is nothing like Floyd

If anyone is the Floyd of MMA,

IT'S CONOR

Conor is an absolute master of MMA striking

In fact Conor had so much boxing skill himself that he was able to go into boxing and have success against Floyd in a boxing ring which is unheard of.

Shows how Conor is a far superior combat sports athlete to Floyd. Conor did better boxing against Floyd then Floyd would ever do kickboxing against Conor (or in an MMA fight)

Conor is much more like Floyd in that Conor had a good life and simply focused from the start on being a master of fighting

Conor is also like Floyd - and superior to Floyd in that Conor only wants the biggest fights possible and never pulls out

Meanwhile Khabib pulled out of numerous fights against Cerrone and Tony

Khabib has never proven himself

It's Conor who has far far more legitimate Championship experience against far more Elite competition. Conor has a far far superior resume to khabib

If anything Khabib is the male Ronda Rousey

In very much the same way Ronda never had legitimate world class experience until she fought Holm, khabib doesn't have any of the legitimate world class experience Conor has

Ronda vs Holm=Khabib vs Conor

Talk about taking this way too serious. Didn't read BTW

edit:
LMAO

Jones doesnt even have better boxing then Ronda Rousey
bones-punched-by-gustafsson.gif

Wv7UkUD.gif

5NfrncB.gif

l5oue.gif

Vu2Ph7O.gif

tumblr_mtj1osH3pi1qaa8d1o3_250.gif

Jones "dominated" a very weak shallow LHW. Beat nothing but senior citizens who should've been in retirement homes, not fighting in a cage.

Jones never ever decisively beat anyone his size or age. The one time he actually fought someone who was simply close enough in size and age to him, he got badly exposed (by Gus)

Failed PED tests or not, Jones is one of the most over rated fighters in history. Only Ronda Rousey was as over rated as much.

The real true GOAT is Gsp

Annnnd....

The real goat of modern drug tested UFC is Conor. Most of all his big wins were under USADA testing.

Unlike Jones, Conor was competing in actual talent rich stacked divisions against other actual elite fighters in their primes - and more impressively dominated far superior levels of competition, then Jones dominated much weaker levels of competition (LHW is laughably weak while FW and LW are the 2 best divisions in MMA history)

XaDsetj.jpg

Conor actually dominated an elite prospect who was bigger (at worst the same size) and who was younger in age

Unlike Jones who was exposed badly the first time he fought someone his size and close in age (Gus)

Max Holloway>>>>>>>Gus

Holloway was still a young stud, and Conor himself was a young propsect.

Furthermore, beating someone younger>>>>>Jones beating nothing but senior citizens

Conor's 1 win over Aldo alone>>>>>any win Jones has ever had
P0QFEvK.jpg

Aldo was the p4p#1 and 10 years undefeated when Conor became the one to end Aldo's streak. Not one single Jones win even comes close to that.

Never mind Conor beating the champion in the weight class above him. Something Jones was too afraid to ever even attempt.

Conor and Gsp are GOAT canidates who are 2 weight world champs

All time great LW Alvarez in his prime who was 28-4 when Conor took his belt
Back-fade-against-Eddie-Alvarez.gif

Jones and Anderson never dominated opponents like this, let alone a current champion above them who was in their prime (Anderson vs Forrest was a sham. Forrest was on xanax that fight plus Forrest was coming off a KO loss)

No one besides Gsp, has beaten more elite prime competition in their primes at the height of their runs, then Conor has.

Here are some more bonus examples of Conor's amazing defense, skill, countering, IQ - and in general, of just how superior Conor is to Jones on every single possible level

GM_20161013_154118.gif

NHafz2v.gif

2i0u72t.jpg

vskw2s.gif

2nrzk3m.gif

^
Conor is the Floyd of MMA...because in the same way Floyd is a master of boxing, Conor is a master of MMA striking/MMA boxing

Jones isn't even the best striker or boxer or BJJ in his own damn weight class

Jones is just size, clinch wrestling, top control, elbows, oblique kicks, and eye pokes

Again, Conor is actually dominating SUPERIOR TALENTS in far more stacked talent rich divisions, far more impressively then Jones ever did lower competition

Jones would simply overwhelm and brute force strength smaller older weaker outmatched men in ugly fashion

Conor is pure skill, IQ, and finese - who's cleanly dominating other elite opponents in their primes

LHW (and MW during Anderson's "reign") were kiddie pools in comparison to the shark tanks of FW and LW.

Again, Jones has never beaten anyone his size or his age...and it's for that reason that Jones never would've even made my top 5 list with or without his failed tests

Wow wayyyy to serious lol

The only MMA fighter who you can say is the MMA version of Floyd is Conor

-Conor has 100 million in the bank

-Conor is always the A-side

-Conor events are the biggest events

-Conor is a master of MMA striking

Etc etc

I love when clueless MMA fans try to bring up names like Jones, when Jones doesn't even make 1 million a fight, does 300k PPVs lmao, and has garbage striking while competing in a shallow weak division @Taric

No other MMA fighter has the fame, fortune, and mastery of Floyd/Conor

You can only say Conor is MMA's Floyd

However, I find it funny that MMA fighters want to compare themselfes to Floyd so badly

They obviously didnt follow boxing to understand how much the actual boxing community always rightfully thrashed Floyd

Floyd was consistently labled one of boxing's biggest cherry pickers. He was boring. Is that who MMA fighters want to be compared to?

Even though people say Conor is MMA's Floyd, Conor is vastly superior to Floyd

Much more fearless. Takes far more dangerous match ups. FAR more exciting in and out the ring etc

Conor is like the new evolved version of Floyd who came out after Floyd with all of Floyd's flaws corrected and no longer there

Conor is also the far superior combat sports athlete to Floyd. Conor did much better boxing against Floyd in a boxing ring, then Floyd would ever do kickboxing against Conor or in an MMA match
Every top boxer of the last 2 generations know floyd is the top dog. You must not watch as much boxing as you claim to if you think the boxing world thrashed TBE and the incredible legacy he cemented. He risked his whole legacy to fight an mma fighter who lost one of the last 3 fights before boxing him dude. Get a grip

Floyd > everybody. Let’s just say that. Not the most entertaining but what a fucking talent. He’s the best ever like he always says.
That sir, we most definitely can agree on

I don't think Floyd is a good comparison to Conor in any sense aside from being the top draw of his sport.
Everything else is completely different, stylistically, in respect to personality and promotion, the way they manage their careers, everything. GSP might be a better analogy for Floyd (in the sense of opportunistic and deliberate career management, conservative fighting style) , although he is much more likeable and holds a higher place in his sport than Mayweather does in his. Floyd is almost smaller-than-life in respect to personality, Conor built his appeal on charisma and a great knack for controlling the spotlight. Floyd became successful by fighting two huge stars of his era and being easy to root against, Conor was the bigger star in virtually every one of his fights. Conor is a lot more willing to take risks than Floyd.
You know what. This is a very good, well reasoned, well stated post. You are spot on my brother.

Quickly becoming one of sherdog's best posters. You are very logical

It's shitty that Conor hasn't defended a belt yet, but that doesn't mean we have to heap praise on Khabib for a first defense that he hasn't even won yet. Especially when he won the belt fighting a guy not even ranked in the top 10.

Even tho he was stripped, Conor actually won the belt off a champ, so this fight feels a lot more like his first (albeit prolonged) defense, than it does Khabib's.
Ferguson is champ imo not that it matters , UFC have him a shit deal stripping him just to sell a ppv

@John makfresshi

That’s true (that Floyd is top dog) but Prologic is right. Most people trash him.. but that’s because they all want to fight him n get paid, same story with Conor. It’s aaaallll about money. Nothing to do with his skill/ability, but him (Floyd, although not as bad as so many say) as a person is what people usually cry about. In reality he’s probably a good dude.

Conor’s response was good

Khabib still hasn’t won/defended a legit title
With all respect to Iaquinta

Conor lost his chance of being MMA Floyd when he tapped to Diaz. Khabib is not Floyd yet, but he sure has a better chance than Conor, because a non-zero chance > a chance of precisely zero.

Every top boxer of the last 2 generations know floyd is the top dog. You must not watch as much boxing as you claim to if you think the boxing world thrashed TBE and the incredible legacy he cemented. He risked his whole legacy to fight an mma fighter who lost one of the last 3 fights before boxing him dude. Get a grip

Tell me who these names are

Mitchell

Corely

Genaro

You definitely don't know boxing

Floyd was very very highly respected and regarded for his early career and run up to Correlas. There is no denying that

However everything after that was Floyd making himself look bad and hurting his legacy

After Correlas, everyone in the boxing community started to pick up on Floyd's tendancy to cherry pick and duck

I bet you dont even know that Floyd blatantly ducked Casamayor, Paul Williams, Spadafor, and Margarito (also ducked Winky Wright)

Floyd only ever got popular because he leeched off Oscar's name

Floyd was routinely thrashed and viewed as a joke in the actual hardcore boxing circles

Floyd was blasted mercilessly for catch weighting a 20lb smaller Marquez while ducking Prime Oscar/Prime Cotto etc

Floyd beating Mosley earned him some respect back for sure

But then Floyd went right back to being ridiculed by the boxing community for being an even bigger cherry picker then before

In Floyd's later career he started getting blasted for avoiding and ducking Pacquioa

It's generally mind boggling to me how Floyd finally deciding to fight an Old Manny Pacquiao and beating a 0-0 McGregor in a boxing match generally managed to turn his reputation slightly around (and definitely more so with casuals like you and TS)

Khabibi really feeling himself right now. Cant wait until Conor drops him to reality

Conor lost his chance of being MMA Floyd when he tapped to Diaz. Khabib is not Floyd yet, but he sure has a better chance than Conor, because a non-zero chance > a chance of precisely zero.
Every true boxing fan knows Floyd lost to Castillo, and arguably lost to Marcos 1

So Floyd has 2 losses to Conor's 3

In the words of Goldberg that is virtually identical

Conor IS MMA's Floyd...but in fact, I would say Conor is superior to Floyd

Khabib will never be like Floyd lol. There are many more boxers who are undefeated. Go try and compare Khabib to them...those comparisons would hold far more weight

That was a tasteless joke
this, edgy kids think they're funny.

i actually hadn't heard hughes talk until just a few days ago when he was on stage with dana, i had no idea it fucked with his ability to talk, i could hardly watch it man.

Tell me who these names are

Mitchell

Corely

Genaro

You definitely don't know boxing

Floyd was very very highly respected and regarded for his early career and run up to Correlas. There is no denying that

However everything after that was Floyd making himself look bad and hurting his legacy

After Correlas, everyone in the boxing community started to pick up on Floyd's tendancy to cherry pick and duck

I bet you dont even know that Floyd blatantly ducked Casamayor, Paul Williams, Spadafor, and Margarito (also ducked Winky Wright)

Floyd only ever got popular because he leeched off Oscar's name

Floyd was routinely thrashed and viewed as a joke in the actual hardcore boxing circles

Floyd was blasted mercilessly for catch weighting a 20lb smaller Marquez while ducking Prime Oscar/Prime Cotto etc

Floyd beating Mosley earned him some respect back for sure

But then Floyd went right back to being ridiculed by the boxing community for being an even bigger cherry picker then before

In Floyd's later career he started getting blasted for avoiding and ducking Pacquioa

It's generally mind boggling to me how Floyd finally deciding to fight an Old Manny Pacquiao and beating a 0-0 McGregor in a boxing match generally managed to turn his reputation slightly around (and definitely more so with casuals like you and TS)

I know all of those names, and you are actually right.

I remember there was one point, people considered Floyd the most boring boxer in history. The crowd was so quiet in one of his fights (I think against Collazo?) that he could hear the announcers talking about the Super Bowl, and Floyd responded mid-round saying that he was picking the Patriots.

There was never any doubting his skill though. I believe he would've beaten Pacquiao at any point during his career. Pacquiao was a firestorm when he came up, but w had already seen him outboxed by JMM long before he and Floyd ever fought. I think their first fight ended in a draw, but it was clear Manny couldn't get anything done after the first few rounds. He was outskilled over like 9 rounds by Marquez.

Edit-. Sorry it wasn't Collazo. It was the Bruseles fight after looking it up.

The only MMA fighter who you can say is the MMA version of Floyd is Conor

-Conor has 100 million in the bank

-Conor is always the A-side

-Conor events are the biggest events

-Conor is a master of MMA striking

Etc etc

I love when clueless MMA fans try to bring up names like Jones, when Jones doesn't even make 1 million a fight, does 300k PPVs lmao, and has garbage striking while competing in a shallow weak division @Taric

No other MMA fighter has the fame, fortune, and mastery of Floyd/Conor

You can only say Conor is MMA's Floyd

However, I find it funny that MMA fighters want to compare themselfes to Floyd so badly

They obviously didnt follow boxing to understand how much the actual boxing community always rightfully thrashed Floyd

Floyd was consistently labled one of boxing's biggest cherry pickers. He was boring. Is that who MMA fighters want to be compared to?

Even though people say Conor is MMA's Floyd, Conor is vastly superior to Floyd

Much more fearless. Takes far more dangerous match ups. FAR more exciting in and out the ring etc

Conor is like the new evolved version of Floyd who came out after Floyd with all of Floyd's flaws no longer there

Conor is also the far superior combat sports athlete to Floyd. Conor did much better boxing against Floyd in a boxing ring, then Floyd would ever do kickboxing against Conor or in an MMA match
  • Floyd Mayweather is undefeated in boxing with about two dozen title defenses to his resume.
  • Conor McGregor has multiple losses, in little league MMA, boxing, and the UFC, with zero title defenses to his resume.
  • Jon Jones is undefeated in MMA with a dozen title defenses to his resume.
Shut up clown. If this was about popularity Bob Sapp would be among the greatest MMA fighters of all time.

• Floyd Mayweather is undefeated in boxing with about two dozen title defenses to his resume.
  • Conor McGregor has multiple losses, in little league MMA, boxing, and the UFC, with zero title defenses to his resume.
  • Jon Jones is undefeated in MMA with a dozen title defenses to his resume.
Shut up clown. If this was about popularity Bob Sapp would be among the greatest MMA fighters of all time.
Lol what?

Popularity is the only reason why Floyd became any kind of "standard" to be compared to

Jones can never ever be compared within the same universe to Floyd/Conor when Jones has never made 1 million in a fight nor has ever done 1 million in PPV buys

And if being "undefeated" makes you a comparison to Floyd, then I guess Sean O Malley is the Floyd of MMA too.

Btw, Jones is not undefeated and has a loss to journeyman Matt Hammil

So Jones doesn't even have the "undefeated" thing ever

Also Floyd went up in weight. While Jones is a natural HW who's to cowardly to fight at his own weight

Floyd and Conor are winners of multiple divisional belts

Jones only ever won 1 belt from 1 division

Conor's 2 divisional belts>>>>>>Jones's 1 divisional belt

Conor>>>Jones

Last edited:
Back