Khabib modelled his punch on Dan Henderson

mmahorse

i am what i am
Banned
Reaction score
img_20181011_180845-png.452267

So he mixes this up, either he throws it and clips you.
Or if you are expecting the punch, he takes you down.

To combat this, you'd have to train yourself to prepare the dip for takedown or wild throw.
I see conor unprepared for this, because it was a well known fact before the fight that Khabib does this all the time. Even watching training clips of Khabib before the fight, you can see him training this shot.

Then altered it, its only milliseconds where he dips down, then fires the right.

I didn’t know that Hendo invented the takedown feint to overhand.

I totally think Khabib is the second person to ever attempt that intricate maneuver though.

That punch has been a staple got wrestlers for a long time. Dan had the sheer power to make a career of it, but he's far from the first or only.

So many wrestlers use that technique.

Hendo used it more effectively than most though - studying his technique wouldn't be the worst idea.

I think hendo put it on the map.

Hendo made a career off this punch, didn't invent it, but perfected it so I could see that.

Dan really mastered that technique.

If you notice, Henderson has been hit very little by counters throughout his career.

Fact is Conor couldn't deal with Khabib's A-level athleticism. There are levels to it

If Khabib had the H-bomb then everyone else at lw should just move up or down or maybe retire and shake it all around

I'm not a Conor nuthugger, but I don't think he's been given enough credit for how solid his chin is. It looked like punch that would knock most men out. It was brutal.

Whats interesting about the Conor fight is that after Conor recovered, Khabib tried the exact same technique again. You can see it in the same video at like 8 seconds.
This time Conor was ready for it and try to counter it.
But to counter this punch requires you to step in otherwise you are not in range.
After the counter missed, Conor had opportunity to move in, but didn't.

img_20181011_180845-png.452267

So he mixes this up, either he throws it and clips you.
Or if you are expecting the punch, he takes you down.

To combat this, you'd have to train yourself to prepare the dip for takedown or wild throw.
I see conor unprepared for this, because it was a well known fact before the fight that Khabib does this all the time. Even watching training clips of Khabib before the fight, you can see him training this shot.

Then altered it, its only milliseconds where he dips down, then fires the right.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/khabib-did-his-homework-against-no-12.3847089/#post-145592185

Back