Khabib may very well have 10x title defenses or more

Seaside

Caudillo
Banned
Reaction score
The man skill set cannot be dealt with.

At the rate he fights, ten straight wins means he'll lose the belt right around his fiftieth birthday. That's impressive as hell.

If he turns out to thrash Ferg without much struggle, which is highly unlikely, he will become a LW GOAT in no time assuming he is blessed with little injuries, also unlikely.

But if the stars line up, he will have a ton of favorable match ups coming his way making it easy to stack up on title defenses.

Khabib wont be fighting Ferguson or McGregor until at least 2019 by which time he will be 30

The only way Khabib would get 10 title defences is if he carries on fighting well into his fifties

Khabib only wins fights because of his extreme size advantage secondary to his extreme weight cuts. The only fight in which his opponent was the same size was the Tibau fight and we all know how that went. He missed weight multiple times due to his extreme cuts and the last time around he had to be hospitalized. If he gets his diet\weight under control and steps in the right at 175 lbs, I doubt he'll be able to impose his will like he was able to do at 185-190.

PHXVQfe.gif

He'll never make it to that number of defenses. He said already he's looking to retire soon, after winning the championship and having maybe 2-3 title defenses at most.

He won't get past McGregor and his left hand anyway. Conor would spark him out in one.

He fights like once every year and a half so I don't see how that's possible

I wish but that window has closed.. He's lost some of his best years.

Plus the injuries will have had wear and tear on him, won't bode well for the rest of his career.

Khabib wont be fighting Ferguson or McGregor until at least 2019 by which time he will be 30

The only way Khabib would get 10 title defences is if he carries on fighting well into his fifties

So just in time for Conor's first title defense.

A year and 1 months the title not been defended...at Conor's rate 10 title defenses will take....roughly 13 1/3 years by which time the current 29 year old will be in his low 40s.

They wanna say I held the belt for so long rather than I defended my belt x times in 1 year.

Khabib only wins fights because of his extreme size advantage secondary to his extreme weight cuts. The only fight in which his opponent was the same size was the Tibau fight and we all know how that went. He missed weight multiple times due to his extreme cuts and the last time around he had to be hospitalized. If he gets his diet\weight under control and steps in the right at 175 lbs, I doubt he'll be able to impose his will like he was able to do at 185-190.

Just because someone is having difficult cuts does not mean they are too big for the weight class. Johnny Hendricks missed weight at 185 ffs, when he could probably fight at 155 if he had perfect discipline.

If Khabib is to big for LW, then so is everyone he fights, because he is generally no bigger than his opponents, either at weigh ins or in the cage.

maxresdefault.jpg

Eddie Alvarez is just as big. Edson is bigger than him. RDA and Glieson are just as big or bigger. T-Ferg is a little leaner but enormous for the weight class.

If ol’khabibi gets the belt we’ll end up with interims for the interim

Back