Khabib is vulnerable to single leg TDs/trips. Khabib's lead leg is there for Conor too

PROlogic

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Now look at that: )

All this talk about "but Khabib's deadly singles/Conor is a southpaw"

Yet Khabib is the one who has been taken down off his lead leg

While there is no footage of anyone ever completing a full takedown on Conor off a single and staying on top

Conor does have some pretty fantastic trip TDs btw (Holloway fight) Khabib's lead leg is there for Conor.

However the point of this thread isn't to say Conor will take down Khabib. It's to point out that Khabib is the only one who's been taken down off his lead leg. Just thought I would make this thread since all the recent trolling and white noise popping up lately. Ironic how Tibua took Khabib down isn't it?

Last edited:
I'd love to see Conor try and grapple with Khabib.

I love Khabib's style but his bitterness will cost him the fight as well as his sanctimonious holier than thou attitude.

With the amount of roids Tibau took, I'm sure he could just walk straight into Khabib and secure the takedown.

Yes. Conor attempting to grapple with Khabib seems like a good plan.

You clearly thought this through.

I'd love to see Conor try and grapple with Khabib.
There's a great possibility Conor beats Khabib in the clinch via clinch striking

There's a great possibility Conor stuffs TDs

But Conor isn't out grappling Khabib full stop

However who's to say Conor can't catch Khabib by surprise with a takedown ?

Khabib is the only one who's been taken down off his lead leg

The lead leg is there for Conor too, despite all this recent talk about Conor's lead leg being there for Khabib

I think people would go nuts if Conor got a trip takedown or single on Khabib.

And who knows how much that could fuck with Khabib's mindset/ability to fight, to see Conor going for a takedown and actually getting it.

But yeah Conor just needs to defensively shutdown Khabib's grappling

And simply not even let it get to that point via his footwork, range control, counter punching

Last edited:
Conor trying to initiate grappling with Khabib is the last thing he wants to do

Like voluntarily walking into the mouth of a bear

bear.gif

I mean that could of been relevant if we're talking about Prime BJ, but this is Conor. Dude is not shooting for TDs. That would be like AJ shooting for TDs on DC.

There's a great possibility Conor beats Khabib in the clinch via clinch striking

There's a great possibility Conor stuffs TDs

But Conor isn't out grappling Khabib full stop

However who's to say Conor can't catch Khabib by surprise with a takedown ?

Khabib is the only one who's been taken down off his lead leg

The lead leg is there for Conor too, despite all this recent talk about Conor's lead leg being there for Khabib

I think people would go nuts if Conor got a trip takedown on Khabib.

And who knows how much that could fuck with Khabib's mindset/ability to fight, to see Conor going for a takedown and actually getting it.

But yeah Conor just needs to defensively shutdown Khabib's grappling

And simply not even let it get to that point via his footwork, range control, counter punching
Your right and Conor is the type of guy that's not afraid to try that stuff. Like when he swept Nate in the first fight.

Khabib is more likely to finish Conor on the feet than Conor is to TD and control Khabib.

Khabib will just be looking to get it to the mat. He will not care about being taken down at all. So it is entirely possible to catch him off guard and get his ass on the mat sometimes.

However this does not achieve anything if you can't do anything with it.

Khabib has shown excellent reversals and sweeps and would just grab Conor and reverse the position. Conor does not want to risk a second on the ground. He will likely not even follow up on a KD if he gets one unless Khabib is 99% out.

A grappler like Khabib can start off his grappling attack from any position.

Those gifs are probably what a fight between Khabib and Kevin Lee would look like. But Conor is smart to keep away from any sort of grappling with Khabib unless necessary.

Have you seen Conor on the ground?

Gustaffson will never take Jones down, he's a striker with no wrestling background.

Well, I wouldn't put it past Conor to try something crazy, but he's probably better off saving his energy for the ko-punch.

Back