Khabib is the most complete grappler to ever compete in MMA

They don't have the incredible arsenal of variety of takedowns and throws that Khabib brings from multiple disciplines (Sambo, judo, and freestyle Dagestan style of wrestling)
Does combat sambo have different takedowns and throws than judo and wrestling?

ST-PIERRE_GEORGES.png

Why isn’t it in your list then? Seems relevant given today’s mma climate, Khabib’s got the biggest fight coming up out on anyone that is on your list. Either you like Khabib or you are slacking. Seriously, Ben Askren? Did you stop following mma in 2015 but just forgot to stop posting here?
waiting to see what he does to Conor.

No one has mentioned Jon Jones, who is good to great at everything you listed.

If you're below MW you immediately disqualify yourself in any "complete" discussion.

NEWS FLASH: SIZE AND STRENGTH are vital in grappling. If you're a LW you're way too small to be effective against decent HW grapplers regardless of how P4P skilled you are, which means no, you're not complete.

AMjQhr1.gif

That's a MW that's thinking of moving to LHW.

I've also seen DC struggle with Khabib in wrestling practice.

AMjQhr1.gif

That's a MW that's thinking of moving to LHW.

I've also seen DC struggle with Khabib in wrestling practice.

If you want to play that game then GSP supposedly outwrestled a prime LHW Rashad in training.

If you want to play that game then GSP supposedly outwrestled a prime LHW Rashad in training.
Yup.

And Prime Sonnen said once GSP was on him, there was absolutely nothing he could do.

Sonnen... Evans... these guys are NCAA div 1 wrestlers with bigger size and weight than GSP.

Not to mention, GSP beat a murderous row of elite wrestlers at WW, and outgrapled everyone of them.

GSP has too many wins over elite wrestlers and elite BJJ guys. The same cannot be said about Khabib just yet.

God, ill be happy when this fight is over. Nuthuggers on both sides are annoying.

Conor by KO
OR
Khabib by wrestle-fuck

Thats the fight. Thats it. Get over it.

I don't know if he's the most complete, but he's in the conversation.

Khabib hasn't fought anyone.

He has a grand total of 2 good wins: Barboza and RDA and they aren't even that high status.

The rest of his wins are decent or unknowns.

If he can win 15 more fights in a row against all top flight competition, then he has an argument.

So? I'm not trying to discredit GSP, I am arguing against the notion that a LW or WW fighter can't be the most complete grappler in the game.

GSP is up there for sure. I would say its either GSP, Khabib, Fedor or Jones.

So? I'm not trying to discredit GSP, I am arguing against the notion that a LW or WW fighter can't be the most complete grappler in the game.

GSP is up there for sure. I would say its either GSP, Khabib, Fedor or Jones.

Well his point was that Khabib would be helpless against Tim Johnson.

He will be a complete grappler once he makes my top boring wrasslers sig...

you just don't have the right pun yet. guarantee you have a word doc that opens with khabib nurmago"blanket"

Back