Khabib is pretty Overrated atm

MescalineDreams

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I love him. Great fighter. Absolutely a fan, take a lot from his style.

I think he's definitely a little overrated atm though.

People are treating him as If he's a god.

He has many holes In his game that the level / styles of his opponents thus far haven't been able to expose.

I could see him losing to Conor, Tony and Kevin Lee.

It just seems like he has many holes In his game that have yet to be exposed and we just don't know enough about him yet to really put him In such high regard.

Kevin Lee is a superior fighter all around than Khabib along with being much younger / having a much higher ceiling and is ridiculously underrated. Yet Khabib is hailed as a god, for beating who exactly?

Great fighter but I feel he has yet to meet someone who's been able to truly expose the glaring holes In his game / style.

Last edited:
26-0 in MMA and never lost a round to any opponent is extremely rare so I don't think he's overrated.

Overrated or not, he still has the tools to make McGregor look like an absolute helpless imbecile in front of the entire world.

When you win the title without losing a single fight in your career people tend to think you're pretty good

On the contrary, Conor seems to be incredibly underrated at the moment.

Particularly on MMA forums.
giphy.gif

McG underrated??? Come on.

McG's is the most overrated fighter thanks to the UFC which made the Floyd fight real. If that's not overrated then i don't know what is and regarding khabib, on paper, he's a really bad matchup for McG since he hasn't faced a fully trained wrestler. Yes, khabib's defense is awful but he won't stand with Mcg to get ko.

I love him. Great fighter. Absolutely a fan, take a lot from his style.

I think he's definitely a little overrated atm though.

People are treating him as If he's a god.

He has many holes In his game that the level / styles of his opponents thus far haven't been able to expose.

I could see him losing to Conor, Tony and Kevin Lee.

It just seems like he has many holes In his game that have yet to be exposed and we just don't know enough about him yet to really put him In such high regard.

Kevin Lee is a superior fighter all around than Khabib along with being much younger / having a much higher ceiling and is ridiculously underrated. Yet Khabib is hailed as a god, for beating who exactly?

Great fighter but I feel he has yet to meet someone who's been able to expose the glaring holes In his game / style.

Nice.

All the people disagreeing with you now will be trying to discredit him once Conor smokes him.

I’ll say it now and then: Khadib is solid. But he’s gonna lose.

Last edited:
When you win the title without losing a single fight in your career people tend to think you're pretty good

more like, when you don't defend your titles people think you are the greatest fighter ever, beyond Randy, GSP, Penn or Andy Silva.

a good amount of people legitimately think he'd lose to anyone with a ground game.

people here are terrible when it comes to technical analysis

so yes, he is absolutely underrated. Hate / dislike plays a factor as well, at the end of the day bias will always cloud reason.

I read it as "Khabib is pretty" and puked a little in my mouth.

McG underrated??? Come on.

McG's is the most overrated fighter thanks to the UFC which made the Floyd fight real. If that's not overrated then i don't know what is and regarding khabib, on paper, he's a really bad matchup for McG since he hasn't faced a fully trained wrestler. Yes, khabib's defense is awful but he won't stand with Mcg to get ko.
I'm not sure you actually read some of the comments on this forum

Or you live In a parallel reality of some type

more like, when you don't defend your titles people think you are the greatest fighter ever, beyond Randy, GSP, Penn or Andy Silva.
thing Is, people who think like this tend to be extremists and only think in terms of black and white.

Which seems to be the majority, quite honestly.. lol

but It's fine, I enjoy the entertainment

a good amount of people legitimately think he'd lose to anyone with a ground game.

so yes, he is absolutely underrated. Hate / dislike plays a factor as well, at the end of the day bias will always cloud reason.
Yes and rightfully so. The best counter to a striker is a grappler. Of course they make that call.

Nah, I've seen way more people saying the opposite here.

Most folks are saying Conor starches him within a round, and it won't even be competitive.

Not anyone with ground game, anyone with wrestling. McG's ground game is good but not the best, if someone with good wrestling, top pressure and GnP can take McG to the ground, it's over and on paper khabib is. this match up wil resume like this: If Mcg can frame and stop Khabib's TD's he wins, but if Khabib can get the clinch and the TD, he wins.

Back