Khabib: I’m going to ‘destroy’ Conor McGregor

As if Conor would show up for that fight...

source.gif

If by 'destroy' you mean pull his legs out from under him and steal a page out of Matt Lindland and early Josh Koscheck's book, I agree.

Cant really get into a fighter that walks around bigger than GSP but doesnt have the guts to fight at welterweight Eh maybe I just been watching mma too long when lightweights were actually light weight.
Seems theres alot of extreme weight cutters now tho.

Didn't he say when he won the belt that Conor is going to "have to work" for this. That he would not be fighting Conor because he "doesn't deserve this".

Fighters change opinion like they change underwear.

This fight wouldn't last long. Either Conor catches Khabib in the first couple of minutes, or it's Khabib time, in which case there is zero chance that McGregor makes it past the 3rd. Remember, this is the guy who is terrified of head trauma.

Conor will beat khabib easily. I hope this fight happens and soon. Can't wait to see all the Conor haters coming up with excuses.
Every person who says Conor wins 'Easily' seems more bothered about how his 'Haters' will react rather than the actual fight itself

With the amount of pure hatred genuine Conor fans have had to put up with on this site, can you blame me. Ill enjoy Conor beating khabib in the fight, then come on here to see some justice for the behaviour of the hardcore Conor haters.

Cant really get into a fighter that walks around bigger than GSP but doesnt have the guts to fight at welterweight Eh maybe I just been watching mma too long when lightweights were actually light weight.
Seems theres alot of extreme weight cutters now tho.

This is interesting. I am making an assumption here that you are a McGregor fan. If so, why does Nurmagomedov's weight cut bother you? I would guess that McGregor cut substantially more weight to fight at Featherweight, based on how drawn he was at weigh ins. If my assumption is wrong, you have my apologies.

Khabib will not even fuck around throwing hands. He is going to be going for single legs 100% of the time and lay and pray.

C4VjRE8XAAAMK_4.jpg

“The fight will likely take place in Las Vegas. I want to fight McGregor; the fans are also waiting for this fight. I hope that Conor wants this fight. He talked a lot but for some reason, as soon as it came down to real negotiations about the fight, he fell silent.”

“In what round will I be able to knock McGregor out? I do not know, and no one can know this. I’m going to destroy him.”

https://sport24.ru/news/mma/2018-06...tsya-s-makgregorom-sobirayus-unichtozhit-yego
Destroy means decision.

Hey might.

Conor also might catch him.

Literally its a 2 round fight. if Conor can't get him out of there in 2 and Khabib takes him down both rounds and pounds on him its over

Can’t see Khabib getting a KO/TKO like many think, if anything a submission but much more likely a decision.

By destroy does he mean "hold him against the cage for 5 rounds"?

Then yeah i could see that.

If he tries standing with Conor like he did Raging Al he's going to sleep.
Good thing he's a good grappler and Conor isn't

This is interesting. I am making an assumption here that you are a McGregor fan. If so, why does Nurmagomedov's weight cut bother you? I would guess that McGregor cut substantially more weight to fight at Featherweight, based on how drawn he was at weigh ins. If my assumption is wrong, you have my apologies.
Dont like any extreme weight cutters fighters didnt use to do this. its become a joke now with all the pathetic fighters killing themselves to get an advantage and alot missing weight trying to do it. I think ALL fighters should walk around at the most 10 pounds over their weight limit.
Theres nothing tough about beating on someone smaller than you thats what bullies do.

IF this fight happens, it's foolish to think that McGregor can't win it, his counter left is always a danger. That being said, it's every bit as foolish to believe that Nurmagomedov can't win it. Again, it's a huge "if", but if it happens, I would expect Nurmagomedov to get the fight to the ground and do his thing. It often seems that taking a fighter out of his comfort zone exacerbates any problems with cardio, so I would then expect McGregor to gas, and eventually be stopped. Basically, if McGregor doesn't get a stoppage in the first, or maybe the first couple of minutes of the second, he's going to have a very bad night.

Edit: I'll be shocked if this fight actually happens. McGregor doesn't need the money, I doubt he'll risk his "aura" (and future earning potential) against an unfavorable match up like this.
This

BJJ Scout has an excellent breakdown on this fight. I highly suggest anyone watches it. It won't be an easy fight for either guy IMO.

you didnt correct me on anything.... he said what I said he did
You used the interview to support a claim that Khabib doesn't want to fight Conor, which is false on all accounts. What Ali said had nothing to do with what you were trying to claim.

Thus, I corrected you by pointing out that the two claims that you were making are unrelated.

You used the interview to support a claim that Khabib doesn't want to fight Conor, which is false on all accounts. What Ali said had nothing to do with what you were trying to claim.

Thus, I corrected you by pointing out that the two claims that you were making are unrelated.
I said Ali claimed otherwise, which he did

so again... you didnt correct anything

Back