Khabib Haters

MeatheadFighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
It seems like the all time favorite MMA fight of the Khabib hater is the Khabib-Tibau fight, in which Khabib won a unanimous decision against a seasoned vet in Tibau who is huge for the weight class in just his 2nd UFC fight at the age of 23. Apparently this fight is proof that he is overrated, because Tibau was "robbed"(ROFL). Anyway, suppose we all pretend to be complete morons just for the sake of argument and argue that indeed, Khabib clearly should have lost the fight. How does this discredit him? It took place in 2012, over five years ago. Here's a list of other fights that took place in 2012 or even more recently:

Tony Ferguson lost to Michael Johnson
Woodley got KO'd by Marquardt
Stipe got KO'd by Struve
Lawler was dominated by Lorenz Larkin
Mighty Mouse was dominated and nearly finished in the last round of his first fight with McCall, a draw, and most thought McCall should have won.
Max Holloway was awarded a controversial decision against Leonard fucking Garcia.
Robert Whittaker lost to Court McGee (2013)
TJ Dillashaw lost to Raphael Assuncao (2013)

There may be more but that's a good enough list, you get the picture.

Anyone using any one of these fights to discredit the loser nowadays would be laughed off the forums, and rightfully so. So why does a post like

"Khabib lost to Tibau, LOL" get like 50 likes?

Ate Greek last night and they always have Habibi as the special.

It seems like the all time favorite MMA fight of the Khabib hater is the Khabib-Tibau fight, in which Khabib won a unanimous decision against a seasoned vet in Tibau who is huge for the weight class in just his 2nd UFC fight at the age of 23. Apparently this fight is proof that he is overrated, because Tibau was "robbed"(ROFL).

Clint-Eastwood-disgust.gif

In response to the actual point of your post, I think most people hate on Khabib because they know how good he is and his inactivity drives people nuts, especially when it's weight related. I'm always down for a Khabib fight, it's just unfortunate that it doesn't happen as consistently as it should.

Khalibib is hands down one of the most dominant fighters in any division and I'd like to take this opportunity to wish he and his family a very merry Christmas

That one example of Khabib resistance is a bit strange... & I've heard it... but most of the Khabib resistance comes from the amount of time he fights... & then f*cking up that card where he didn't make weight on was really messed up & created a lot of haters for him.

It's mostly the backlash and insecurities of Conor nuthuggers in response to all the posts saying he would ragdoll Conor when that's how they'd speak aboht Khabib vs anyone. Don't refer to Conor as a God and they flood the forums with who has Khabib beat? And straw grasping logic like RDA was ranked #5 so including the champ, he never beat a top 5 guy, so he is a can crusher.

When Healy was a beast who tore up Miller when Khabib beat him, MJ is sharp as nails and dangerous, and RDA had just beaten Cowboy.

Ppl hate him cuz he pulled out of the Ferguson fight. Before that they were all up on that train.

They tryna protect Dana's son

0Fxl0KDl.jpg

But Khabib...he will find him and maul him

YaWKofi.jpg

HmAY7k3.jpg

zhat8j3.gif

Maybe I am a jui Jitsu, wrestling guy. But I hate seeing someone knocked out.

Tbh I don't think many of those hating on Khabib for the Gleison Tibau fight have even seen it. They didn't discover mma until Conor arrived on the scene in 2013.

He's a boring, undisciplined crybaby who believes the UFC owes him something, even though he never fights and when he does, he misses weight.

He's yet to face elite competition as well. Tibeau beat him IMO.

All I want from fighters is to show up to fights regularly and be decent human beings. Its easy to find ways to nitpick fighters who don't show up, even if those reasons are illogical, double standards, or just plain false.

Obligatory Khabib is 0-2 against tiramisu reference.

Hi @MeatheadFighter , it is @Meathead Jock here and I feel your pain.

"Barely beat Jay Heiron" is something I hear from the trolls regularly. Take pride in knowing that people have to reach back so far to find a moment they didn't look good but still did enough

I was a Nurmy fan at that point and felt uneasy about that decision. It's one of those fights that straddle the reasonable interpretations of MMA scoring and the result isn't very satisfying.

BTW, many of those things you listed do come up quite a bit in the threads about those fighters.

Don't take their words seriously. 90% of them are McFans and they know Khabib would crush their boy if McDuck accepts the fight

Khalibib is hands down one of the most dominant fighters in any division and I'd like to take this opportunity to wish he and his family a very merry Christmas
youre a nice person!

Back