Khabib has now OUTSTRUCK pretty much all top LW strikers : RDA, MJ, Barboza, Al Iaquinta ...

he's looking to fight him now, but watch your hero hide..... he knows if he faces Conor he's fucked. Thats why he doesnt want to fight him
where are you getting the news ?
watch the presser after the fight, Khabib clearly said we need to finish this. inside cage or outside we need to finish this.
means that he is ready to fight Conor.

now,you tell me where did Conor even mention to fight Khabib ?

Im a Khabib fan and he did not land more ON THE FEET against Al or Edson. Show me numbers, show me stats where the ground strikes and the standing strikes are seperated.
You dont have to do good on the feet, BTW. Judges first 2 things to consider is who had better striking and grappling, not who had better standup and grappling
rewatch the fights with your eyes open

Last edited by a moderator:
His striking is terrible

bro we haven't even see Conor post-mayweather fight. imagine how much better his boxing is now after doing the boxing camp against floyd
His boxing in that fight was terrible, so I'd hope it gets better.

Yes we live in this world when everyone drinking like crazy but I expect from people who training sport not to drink because it will fuck up them in the end
he can drink if he wants, he's a grown man lol

And there are still haters who believe his striking is not good.
It’s not good. Anyone watching can tell it’s awful. He wears them out on the ground and then when they are standing, they’re so afraid of getting tied up with him that he out lands them. I’m not hating because it obviously works, but I’m also not gonna pretend that he has awesome striking because he doesn’t.

Conor has worse boxing than Al. I don't see how Conor the left straight one trick pony is going to do what no one else could.

Did you watch UFC 205 where he absolutely picked Eddie Alvarez, who has a history as a top striker?

It’s not good. Anyone watching can tell it’s awful. He wears them out on the ground and then when they are standing, they’re so afraid of getting tied up with him that he out lands them. I’m not hating because it obviously works, but I’m also not gonna pretend that he has awesome striking because he doesn’t.

okey..

for me.. Khabib has the best uppercut in the division. Also, range control and defence is part of the standing qualities of a fighter.

VkmuPag.gif

tumblr_o536m3BM6w1ry1rm7o3_r2_500.gif

Did you watch UFC 205 where he absolutely picked Eddie Alvarez, who has a history as a top striker?
It was a pretty good showing, but Eddie has good striking offense, not defense.

should be man enough to attempt to beat Conor on the feet then wont he?

ahahahahaha

The threat of the take down is part of striking success in MMA, so he shouldnt. Plus, there is nothing more manly about fighting on the feet rather then to grapple.

Maybe I'm missing something but since when were any of those guys the best strikers in the division?

And I'm not sure why you would single out strikers since Al is the only one he outstruck on the feet.

Look at LW those are the best strikers not including Con.

Khabib did not beat MJ on the feet

5 strikes from distance landed from 21 attempted by Khabib

19 of 77 from MJ.

1 0f 6 in the first round by Khabib compared to 16 of 52 in the first round by MJ

After MJ wobbled Khabib, he wanted no part of the stand up.

How in anyomnes books does that count as outstriking someone.

Last edited:
Conor has worse boxing than Al. I don't see how Conor the left straight one trick pony is going to do what no one else could.
Bruh.

Al wouldn't last two minutes striking with Conor. They are not even comparable. From the footwork, to the speed, to the simple technique on their punches.

If Khabib really thinks he found something with his jab last night, he's going to get badly hurt in there with someone like Conor. Conor is a lightning fast counter puncher, the snap on his punches is unbelievable. It's a different world compared to al.
Let’s not act like Conor wouldn’t be gassed to hell after carrying Khabib and getting battered for 2 rounds (if he didn’t get finished). Al is a former NCAA wrestler and has much better conditioning than Conor.
This is the only question I have. Even though I was shocked at how bad Al's striking was last night, I was impressed with his ability to get out of bad positions in the grappling.

At the same time, other fighters have done similar things with Khabib. Of course, Barboza and MJ were completely stuck, so his top control and ability to do damage/submit seems to be a variable in Khabib's fights more than a constant at this point.

What does Conor do better? Throw a good timed counter left?

Conor understands distance a little bit better than Al, and has a good left counter. That's literally it.

Al has better setups, better head movement (Conor has almost none), better lateral movement, better footwork, power in both hands, throws more than just flashy kicks and straight lefts.
oh woooow.

okay then.

Bruh.

Al wouldn't last two minutes striking with Conor. They are not even comparable. From the footwork, to the speed, to the simple technique on their punches.

If Khabib really thinks he found something with his jab last night, he's going to get badly hurt in there with someone like Conor. Conor is a lightning fast counter puncher, the snap on his punches is unbelievable. It's a different world compared to al.
Khabib has high fight IQ, he knew he could stand outside of Al's range and jab him, circle, and stay out of danger. He could take him down if he needed, so he decided to dominate the boxing range.

Conor would just get taken down and smashed into submission. It's happened multiple times before, it would happen again against the best wrestler Conor would ever face, by far.

Almost none of those fights had more than a minute of time standing

And most of those guys have no fucking hands

Boxing in MMA is terrible.

He would absolutely be KO'd by Conor if he spent even one round standing, let alone three the way he did last night

I swear to Allah McGreggor fans have to be the dumbest fuckers on the face of this earth and it's not even close.

Khabib is leaps and bounds beyond Conor. They're not even on the same planet

RDA: was in a 5-win streak, became champ one year later. Destroyed Cerrone(2X), prime Benson, Pettis etc

MJ: had just KTFO Dustin Poirier, soundly outstruck Tony(inb4 broken arm excuses) and Barboza

Barboza: spinning shit, had just murdered Dariush

Al Iaquinta: 5-win streak with 4 (T)KOs
On paper, Khabib is actually a better striker than Conor McGregor. Khabib has better accuracy and better defense. But, let the dummies like Brendan Schaub feed the gullible fans hyped up nonsense.

MMA is not boxing. In MMA you don have to strike on the feet, you can strike at any phase of the fight (1) on the feet (2) in the clinch and (3) on the ground. So, to say that Conor is a "better striker than Khabib" is not backed up by MMA relevant evidence. Is Conor a better boxer? I believe that, because there is strong evidence to support it.

Is Conor a better MMA striker than Khabib? I don't believe it, because the stats tell me that he isn't.

Back