Khabib has never beaten a champion

He's only been taken down like 6/26 times IIRC in the UFC. Of those 6 successful takedowns 5 were from a level change in the middle, and only 1 against the cage (after 24:30 minutes of fighting and 6 successfully defended ones too).
Conor is much better at defending clinch and cage based takedowns.
The vast majority of those were from Nate who is notoriously bad at taking people down. He is the only one who tried to take him down against the cage.

Eddie went for takedowns in the clinch and was stuffed just like I said Conor is best at, so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.
No, Eddie shot for doubles in the center of the cage, was stuffed, and immediately broke off of the clinch when they failed. He didn't try to take Conor down against the cage.

Uhhh what? Going for a guillotine instead of sitting there is literally what led to the end of the fight as Conor used it to escape back to his feet and then KO'd Mendes seconds later lol.

Mendes had his best success sitting in Conor's guard raining down punches. Chad still got elbowed badly by Conor so he didn't entirely do great, but it's when he tried to advance position or go for submissions that Conor repeatedly got back to his feet.
No Mendes' issue was staying in guard. He gassed himself out trying to out muscle Conor in guard and ended up absorbing elbows and wasting energy. If he tried to pass guard without going for a sub he would have dealt more damage and conserved more gas.

Staying in Conor's guard is the exact reason why Mendes gassed and by extension why he lost.

Nate went for a guillotine he himself said should've tapped Conor and Conor instead escaped it. He then countered the escape into full mount during Conor's escape. Conor rolled and Diaz managed to roll with it to take his back. It's then literally the impact from a punch by Diaz as he maintained position on Conor's back that created the space necessary to get his arm under the neck and get the choke. It's not that Conor did anything wrong there, it's that Diaz showed why he is a 2nd degree black belt with the most submissions in LW history.

Conor is good at scrambles and transitions. He's not so good when his opponent loads up in their chosen position.
Conor has only been held in one position by Mendes and he did well like that. It allowed Conor to trap Mendesin place and defend obvious openings.

When Nate quickly transitioned and attacked as he transitioned it prevented Conor from defending well. Thus, transitioning and attacking is a much better plan

Khabib isn't the blueprint perfect grappler to matchup with Conor's grappling deficiencies like Sherdoggers seem to think he is (or more likely parrot he is). His best shot at taking down Conor is a shot and Khabib instead gets most of his takedowns by chainwrestling. His best shot at beating up Conor on the ground is by achieving a position and maintaining it and Khabib instead tries to advance or get submissions. Doesn't mean that might make any difference at all though but it is worth acknowledging.
Conor has shown no experience defending the types of trips and throws that Khabib employs (Nate tried to foce doubles while Conor was pinned against the cage so don't even pretend like that applies). Nor has Conor dealt with a persistent chain wrestler of Khabib's caliber.

Khabib has shown to be extremely capable at maintaining positions and doing damage from anywhere while threatening subs and GnP. He is also a master of limb trapping which limits routes for escape and defense.

Khabib is the best style to beat Conor at LW BY FAR. He has more tools than anyone else and more than enough means to get him down.

You only believe this (or pretend to believe this) due to a lack of info. Conor lacks experience on the ground against grapplers like Khabib.

Last edited:
RDA. Shit thread.

To be a real champ, you have to beat the champ. Conor has done this many times. Khabib has never beaten anyone ranked #1 in any division.
Khabib has always been somewhat overrated on Sherdog, and I agree with you that he hasn't really been tested against all kind of top fighters. However, he has looked very impressive, and is the only top guy I know of that is toying with his opponents.

Conors streak is very impressive, but I still think many has Khabib as the favourite if they ever fought, and Conor has the chance to fight Khabib if he wants to. I don't believe it is Khabib that is not willing to sign the contract.

Khabib fought when he made weight because his opponent still took the fight

Had he weighed in for the Tony fight instead of no showing that fight would have happened to

Conor “ran from the sport” to get paid a fuck load more money to fight someone else. Same thing you, me, and any other human being would have done
And he never returned. Meanwhile Khabib has been fighting. Conor is still running.

From the time RDA won the belt to the time he lost it Khabib fought 1 time and it was vs Darrell Horcher not sure why you think RDA declined a rematch Khabib just wasn’t active

Eddie fought Conor instead of him because he got paid a fuck load more than he would have against Khabib and Khabib had only fought once in the past 2 years at that time, against Darrell Horcher
RDA was offered a contact and declined the rematch. I don't think anything. It's just a fact that RDA refused the rematch.

Still ducked the bigger man to fight a FW.

I agree with your basic premise, TS, but this is obviously a thinly veiled Conor nuthug. While khabib would be the favorite against any LW right now, I think his kryptonite is out there, whether that's Lee, Ferguson, or Conor. Last one is doubtful though, to say the least. While I'll be surprised to see the leprechaun ever fight again, fact is khabib is a horrible matchup for McGregor no matter how you spin it.

And he never returned. Meanwhile Khabib has been fighting. Conor is still running.

RDA was offered a contact and declined the rematch. I don't think anything. It's just a fact that RDA refused the rematch.

Still ducked the bigger man to fight a FW.

Source for RDA declining a contract for the rematch?

I don’t recall that happening and other than some twitter shit talk between them while Khabib was out I can’t find anything

Conor smoked the #1 P4P then moves up and smoked that dude.

Khabib aint got a shot in hell at Beating Woodley or Wonderboy.

Dude has serious fights in his own weight class he can barely fuckin make.

Source for RDA declining a contract for the rematch?

I don’t recall that happening and other than some twitter shit talk between them while Khabib was out I can’t find anything
Ok my mistake on that. No contract was presented BUT he didn't show interest in negotiating a rematch upon Khabib's return. That was my bad.

wow 3 times a year,.

after ufc 205 he could of fought khabib but picked to hide from him.

after the Floyd fight he said he fight dec 2017 and it 5/15/2018.
Conor has been wanting to fight since Dec 2017 the negotiations haven't finished. Blame the UFC.

Conor smoked the #1 P4P then moves up and smoked that dude.

Khabib aint got a shot in hell at Beating Woodley or Wonderboy.

Dude has serious fights in his own weight class he can barely fuckin make.
It's funny because people were giving Conor shit for fighting midgets but even before he won the 145 belt Conor was talking about moving up in weight and was going to fought RDA after beating Aldo. Khabib has not even mentioned Woodley once despite the fact that he belongs in 170 and has missed TWICE at 155.

My buddy just picks the most muscular guy every time and he's almost always right. like 90%. Way more so than all these analysts who supposedly know what they're talking about. They don't know shit

Well, there you have it. Your buddy has a fetish and you are a moron. Thanks for clearing that up for us.

It's funny because people were giving Conor shit for fighting midgets but even before he won the 145 belt Conor was talking about moving up in weight and was going to fought RDA after beating Aldo. Khabib has not even mentioned Woodley once despite the fact that he belongs in 170 and has missed TWICE at 155.

Ya ya, we get it. Khabib is tree times bigger den clowner. Why are we talking about a retired fighter anyway? The guy had a chance to put the pen on the paper and moused out.

My answer to you is this
giphy.gif

Conor has been wanting to fight since Dec 2017 the negotiations haven't finished. Blame the UFC.

that cause the ufc has a contract that conor was happy to signed saying u are the highest paid fighter on the roster so there nothing to work out with conor.

guess he lieks hiding behind his twitter so his blind followers know what he doing.

it must be so hard making 15-25 million a fight.

He's the champion of syllables. That's all that matters to hypeboys.

Conor has beaten no one just a few midgets and some b league fighter that got lucky getting the belt in the first place

To be a real champ, you have to beat the champ. Conor has done this many times. Khabib has never beaten anyone ranked #1 in any division.

And Conor has never defended a championship.

He was so cucked that he just let Khabib have his belt to save himself the embarrassment.

Ok my mistake on that. No contract was presented BUT he didn't show interest in negotiating a rematch upon Khabib's return. That was my bad.

7C260825-6101-4D37-8FFE-264D3520CEEB.png

Found this twitter exchange from 2016 talking about a rematch this is probably what you were thinking of

Back