Khabib dominating NAGA/ADCC World Championships

No MMA fighter is going to be the best at grappling. .
Ricardo Arona

Result Rec. Opponent Method Event Division Date Location
Win 13-0 Mark Kerr Points ADCC World Championship Superfight 2003 São Paulo
Win 12-0 Jean Jacques Machado Points ADCC World Championship Absolute 2001 Abu Dhabi
Win 11-0 Vitor Belfort Points
Win 10-0 Saulo Ribeiro Points
Win 9-0 Roger Neff Submission (footlock)
Win 8-0 Ricardo Almeida Points -99kg
Win 7-0 Jon Olav Einemo Points
Win 6-0 Renato Sobral Points
Win 5-0 Ruslan Mashurenko Points
Win 4-0 Jeff Monson Points ADCC World Championship -99kg 2000 Abu Dhabi
Win 3-0 Tito Ortiz Points
Win 2-0 Kareem Barkalev Points
Win 1-0 Hiromitsu Kanehara Submission

Adding to the overall conversation dude lol. No need to get defensive.

NAGA is pretty huge. Lots of elite grapplers compete there. Even in a smaller venue like NAGA Albany gets it's fair share of top bjj guys.

ADCC is definitely top tier with Mundials for sure, but NAGA events especially in large venues (NY/LA) get top talent.

Not getting defensive or dissing naga but comparing it to adcc is like saying winning the ibjjf dallas open is the same as winning the worlds.

Yeah that Trujillo fight for me is when he sealed himself. He's a complete grappler.

I wish there were a HW equal to him.

Not getting defensive or dissing naga but comparing it to adcc is like saying winning the ibjjf dallas open is the same as winning the worlds.
No one is saying that tho. Were just putting info about NAGA out there for anyone who wants it. It's a legit world tournament. Just not on the same level as the 2 best.

Dustin+Poirier+Mounted+Triangle+Armbar+Max+Holloway+UFC+143.+Cut.gif

20 year old Max’s ground game is nothing to brag about. Furthermore, Mendes came off the couch for that fight and absolutely dominated Conor in grappling until he used all of his energy.
Yea still a wmma fighter would pull that off.

I guess ncaa all american mendes lost his lifetime of experience because he fought an Irish striker short notice....

Coming from an injury prone bjj guy who comes back and work guys I did pre-injury. Its not like chad was inactive for a couple years, he was off season and fought Conor and lost.

Yeah that Trujillo fight for me is when he sealed himself. He's a complete grappler.

I wish there were a HW equal to him.
Fedor,DC and Cain do share alot of similarities in style though,even if they dont have the total package Khabib presents

Who said that?

Ever been to NAGA?

No one is saying that tho. Were just putting info about NAGA out there for anyone who wants it. It's a legit world tournament. Just not on the same level as the 2 best.
Lol man. The guy that started the thread was saying they were the same.
{<huh}

I really think most Khabib fans don’t actually know anything about him other than the fact that he’s undefeated.
they also know that october 6th we we will assist a mauling that barely qualifies as legal

Lol man. The guy that started the thread was saying they were the same.
{<huh}
Yeah. And he was corrected multiple times. One of them by me lol.

I have no idea what's gotten you so upset dude.

People rarely talk about Khabib BJJ accompishments since he barely had to use them in the fight, but he actually competed in NAGA and ADCC competitions in 2012 and woth both gold medals in the No-Gi welterweight expect division

A glimpse of Khabib BJJ game can be seen in Trujillo fight. Abel took Khabib down twice in that fight and got absolutely grapple fucked

Trujillo's approach kind of reminds me of Ronda's opponents. Like you should know their strength is grappling, but then you see fighters like Miesha and Tate say fuck it and try to out grapple. Also, Trujillo did the mistake that Eddie Bravo says many of Khabib's opponents do, which is to constantly scramble to get up

Interesting thing to see from Conor is if his style and punches can keep him safe out of TD attempts early while keeping Khabib honest. Next is whether Conor has been training lots of defensive BJJ with Dillon to protect from GnP and stall to recover energy for an escape. Reason I say this is because he was in no hurries to get up vs Chad (though Chad's output was probably low because he was out of shape), and when the time came Conor escaped with his gator roll and laid on intense pressure to finish the fight.

Were are these submission skills havent seen nothin new

Yep guess those girls could outgrapple Max and stop takedowns from ncaa all american Mendes.

Beating a 20 year old Max Holloway (with a record of 3-2 back then) isn't really that special. I really don't understand why Conor fans brag about this fight as if it was the champ Max that Conor fought. Max is a totally different fighter today, and he would probably beat Conor now.

Last edited:
NAGA/ADCC don't train that CHIN boyo...Gonna be nighty night for Khabeb

Yea still a wmma fighter would pull that off.

I guess ncaa all american mendes lost his lifetime of experience because he fought an Irish striker short notice....

Coming from an injury prone bjj guy who comes back and work guys I did pre-injury. Its not like chad was inactive for a couple years, he was off season and fought Conor and lost.
What does any of that babble you just posted have to do with the fact that outgrappling green Max is not an accomplishment. Yes, Conor beat Chad, but as I said, Chad dominated him in grappling. There was no victory for Conor in that match with regard to grappling.

Conor wouldn't even be competitive with any woman competing in ADCC

Stop that. He grapplefucked a current world champ. And as others have said, that's not ADCC.

This fight is bringing the stupid out of people. On both sides.

Khabib is gonna maul Conor. I hope Conor fans have accepted that. He has a strikers chance for about 30 seconds . Then he is going down on the mat and getting mauled like a bear.

Back